Car Stauling @ The track (my 1st time)

SuperCoupeSC91

My dam car again, last night it happened to me also, but then went away, i came to a light and then bang it wouldnt stay idleing, but then i added gas and went home from crusing around and in town it was idleing at the lights... so i was like ok.. good.. so i get up this morning and go with my friend to lebanon raceway, ah... as soon as i pull in the line for inspection.. shi* wants to stall, i'm using my e-brake so slow down and holding in the clutch and gas to stay idleing.. i was afraid they might notice it, and driveing 1.5 hrs to NY from CT i wanted to race !! :) so i got threw inspection. luckly u dont need to keep the car runnign for them. or i would of failed :( Then i pop my hood to see if anything i can see wrong and i notice my autometer electric fuel pressure sending unit is leaking fromt he front of the screws ? i was like wtf ? so i tighned up that and it stopped leakin,i got a lil happy and thought that was my prob stalling, and nope.. then on the way home my sending unit goes to shi* !!! i pulled over quick because i thought something very bad happened seeing 0 psi ont he fuel rail inside on my gauge, but i must of broke the sending unit tightning the front electrical screws that goes inside of it(wtf ??) but i had to it was dripping ? . but does anyone know what the hell this could be i had this happen to me last yr and it happens every now and then. i can give it a lil gas and it will stay idleing, also i seen my vacum at idle varys sometimes sometimes 20-10 i was at 10 when i was racing, before i would give it gas.. my dam car.. as i ligned up and was in prestage, (holding in the clutch and giving gas so it wouldnt stall using the e-brake to edge my way up witch is almost ulseless because it barely works, i went past the stage and had the first yellow light on, so i go to put into reverse the lights start going.. so that wasnt fair..) then the next time i go to race, again, i do a burn out this time, go to line up to prestage, and i do and my fu***** car stalls, so i start it up as the dam lights are going again. so again i dont think my runs were fair.. and i think i herd someone saying that if u have less vac ont he boost gauge it robbs horse.. well i sure hope so because look at my slips below.. i think its horrible.. i know my reactio time and the others should be alot better than that... so if anyone has a suggestion of what my dam prob is plz let me know.. besides me having bad times and car screwing up , it was a nice place.. my first time to ever seen a 1/4 mile track in real life.. it was awesome place.. thnx Alex L

First Run (1/4 = 15.715) (60 = 2.278) (R/T = .587) :(
Second Run (1/4 = 16.017) (60 = 2.438) (R/T = .804) :(

i feel a little better, my first run, (15.7) my friend recorded me with his vid camera and he rewinded it and said the light turned green and i didnt move for like a 1.5 secs so i'm happy now.. just thought i'd share.. :)

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
i feel a little better, my first run, (15.7) my friend recorded me with his vid camera and he rewinded it and said the light turned green and i didnt move for like a 1.5 secs so i'm happy now.. just thought i'd share.. :)

Not sure how it works at the track you are at but.........for test & tune your time does not start until you go past the first sensor, so you could sit at the lights and not move for 10 seconds and that will not affect your ET.

What was your MPH?

maybe i wasnt clear, the first light is prestage and the 2nd in stageing (ready for the lights to start going down) and i went past past the prestage, then hit the other beam the stage light, and as i did i went a hair to far and the prestage light went out, we'll i assumed i had to reverse untill my prestage light went back on but i guess you have a little they let u get away with, and the lights started going as i put it into reverse, i'm waiting for the vhs tape from my friend then i gotta have someone convert it to digital and i'll see if someone could post it, my friend said u can see clearly that it was green and i wasnt moving for like a 1.5 secs, because i went in the stage light and it assumed i was ready, but now i know as long as the red light doesnt come on i'm ok, (now i know) even if i break the prestage light a hair and only the stage light is on i'll just wait and it will automatically start... i hope it makes more sense now.. to bad i didnt know before.. next time i will have more race's because me and my friend went and i waited for him to race 3 times and it took forever like half the day.. next time i will definetly have someone else go to vid tape it. i could of got 5 runs at least because i got 2 after i was done recording my friend, and he got 3 so mayeb even i could of got a total of 6 runs. next time.. and the funny part now is that my cars ok again, i start it up fine and its ok.. I'm starting to believe maybe my fuel pump is going bad after long usages..(took about 2 hrs to get there because we got a lil off on the way). Alex L

i forgot to mention everyone that raced that i seen, all had the prestage light on and when they were ready the edged up untill the stage light was on also, both orange lights on. so thats why i did what i did and put it into reverse..Alex L

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
maybe i wasnt clear, my friend said u can see clearly that it was green and i wasnt moving for like a 1.5 secs,

Alex L

Yep, like I said earlier......sitting at the green light should not make a difference on your ET, time starts when you leave the lights.

I asked before, what was your MPH in the 1/4?

i'm assuming since the prestage light wasnt on it started counting when the light turned green, i'm not 100 percent sure of this i'd have to ask someone there, i should of. but when i ran a 16.017 is was @ 87.54 and when i ran a 15.715 it was @ 94.59... i'm assuming the time counts but the but your feet and speed are from when u move out. i hope so.. anyone know for sure about this ? 100 percent positive that if the light turns green the time doesnt start counting ? (sorry i didnt see the mph thing u wrote) (posted both times from both sheets i have..) Alex L

1st run of my 2

car # ... 290 (ME)
Dial ...
R/T ... .587
60 ... 2.278
330 ... 6.705
1/8 ... 10.2444
MPH ... 68.44
1000 ... 13.255
1/4 ... 15.715
mph ... 94.59

2nd run

car # ... 290 (ME)
Dial ...
R/T ... .804
60 ... 2.438
330 ... 6.887
1/8 ... 10.456
MPH ... 67.51
1000 ... 13.512
1/4 ... 16.017
mph ... 87.54

I pretty sure your time does not start until you leave the lights.

Either way, with a 94mph trap speed you should be a lot better than 15.7.........maybe between 14.3 - 14.7

Alex...like Steve said, sitting at a green light doesn't have any effect on your ET. The only place it will show up is in the Reaction Time. The fact that you staged too deep wouldn't matter...the car has to move a couple feet to start the ET counter.

David

PS: Good MPH...you should be able to run mid to low 14s with that speed.

when you pull up and the pre-stage light goes out and only the stage light is on, its called deep staging. Your time doesn't start till you break the beams. You can sit at green all day, people would get mad, but your e.t. wouldn't be affected.

Get your 60 ft. down and you'll go faster. Also 3.73's in a 5-speed, probably equal massive wheel spin or hop. If you had slicks you would run faster, but you will probably trap in 4th almost into 5th w/ those gears.

ok :( thats not good news for me.. but i wasnt able to rev my motor up and then rid the clutch out a lil and go liek i wanted to, i just took off by letting the clutch out a lil and then stepped on it. i had my tires (perelli p-zero 285/30/18's @ 30 psi) so i dunno how i would of took off (any suggestions on psi for those tires at the track ??) but when i took off normally, i let the clutch out and then got on it, i took off fine, the first run i believe i shifted from 1st-2nd at 4k and i got pissed right after i shifted (because i realized i did it right after, i was very intiminated, especially running against a car that i could feel in my car at the line :) ).. i gotta get focused and make sure i switch at 5k about but i was very nervous i screwed up and i just got on it not to fucused.. i might* go back this weekend again, but a lil worried about my dam problem i have with my car not wanting to stay at idle. if not this weekend coming up i might make myself go back up againbefore the end of this yr, but now my car is fine (still need a new autometer fuel pressure sending unit), i will be pissed if i drive up there (1.5 hrs) and my car wont idle again..then its not fair..because i mess up the rolling into the to the stageing because my e-brake sucks and i would always need to give it gas and have the clutch in. is my e-brake cable supposed to be dangling in the rear in the center when now on ? or is it supposed to be bolted to a bracket of some sort ? thanks Alex L

Back