Need Your Help Guys

What to do?

• Total voters

NASTY V6

As you probably know from my dad's (Prostreet Rich) posts I will not be attending the shoot out with my car since I just found out that my cam is bad and also most of my lifters. Now I know why my track times completly sucked the other night. I will still be at the shoot out to hang out with you guys.
As for the help part. At this point I need a little encouragement to put my car back together and keep it. I'm really tempted to put it back together and sell it. Let me know what you think.

Scott

Last edited:
I would say keep it. Fix it, and give it a try. If all else fails, stick a 514 stroker in it. You'll get 12's if you let just after the 1/8 mile :D

Dont sell it fix it. Next time you go to the Grove let me know. You are still coming to the shootout I hope.

Thanks for the input guys.

Yes I will be at the shoot out. I would not miss it even if my car is broken. I have to see you get your 13 second time slip Tim.

Scott

The real question you have to ask yourself is "am I really into having a performance car that I built myself." There are some real challenges as well as some real rewards for building and maintaining your own. Believe me, it is not any easier with some other car, just different. If you really like the whole performance thing then you have no choice but to put it back together and always make it at least a little better. :) At least you can be encouraged that low 12's (or faster) and 110-120mph trap speeds are attainable with the V6 still in the car.

Don't sell it, it's fun to have 5-speed sc. I was at union grove yesterday and few guys asked me ;how much did I pay for 5-speed convertion ..

I'll see you at the shootout

Derek

With a 94/95 5spd car I would fix it. It is what I am doing with my 95.

Older models I would V8 the dang thang in a flash especailly since you have the experince in te family. But even though I usually care not about resale value I guess it is worth while preserving the 94-95 5spds with the V6.

Just my opinion and approach to a similar problem.

Scott
you have had some bad luck lately but the big picture is not so bad.
Stick it out , take a break, next Spring you'll have the bug again. Besides you'll kick yourself in the a$$ later if you sell it.
Andy

:eek: DO NOT SELL!!! Fix, and keep. As Burbank95sc stated, these are fun cars. Just be a little more careful with it next time at the track, or set it up to handle the stresses of hard running.

over_charged SC said:
be a little more careful with it next time at the track, or set it up to handle the stresses of hard running.

I was not at the track when it happened. It is set up to handle the stresses of hard running. It was just a freak thing that caused the break.

I have decieded to keep the car. Hopefully it will be ready for the spring. Can't drive it in the winter anyway. :)

Back