ZZPerformance Stage 1 M90 Port

I'm prett sure, like 99.9% thats the case of SEAN MATTESON's blower I did for him awhile ago.

Tom, take your time, learn what you want to know. Then you make your mind up on what you want.

By no means do I claim any HP increase on any of the cases I have done. By having the access and ability to use the propper machines, these things aren't that hard to port. It can be done with the use a hand held die grind, but by no means can the "regular joe" make boths the exact same. With the use of machines(no, not CNC in this case) you can have both bang on. I have ported my 95 case, and an early 90's case that was on my 95 for about a year. Both did feel better after the port, but without going to a dyno, I can't cliam anything.

I'll jump on MSN agian tonight, hopefully you'll be on also.

007_SuperCoupe said:
I had access to a dynafile (sp). That is what I used to remove much of the material for the rough opening stuff. After that, I just used my dremel to smooth out the roughness of the file.

My suggestion is to talk to a few people who do porting to get an idea of how to do it. That's what I did. And take it slow. It's always easier to take off a little more than try to put more back on. It's really not hard once you get into it though. As stated in a previous post here, the inlet is what really needs the work. The outlet can be opened up a bit, but I spent the vast majority of my time on the inlet and inlet plenum. And early style cases are different than the Gen II cases. I ported the Gen II case which needs a lot more work on the inlet as far as smoothing the transitions in the casting. The early style needs the inlet opened up more, so it's 6 of one, and 1/2 a dozen of the other.

Alright, again, im ignorant. I dont have any fancy tools, i have a dremmel, but nothing like what you guys are talking about, Is there still something that i can use, can i use something like a "ban saw" or something, or should i really just ask somebody to do it for me

jOe

I spun a late model that I'm porting, took it to 12-14,000rpm. It had the inlet plenum bolted on with no throttle body. I sprayed a fine mist into the inlet while it was buzzin', you'd be surprised at the pattern of the airflow comin' outa the outlet of the blower case. Enlarging the "V" at the front is not the cure.

Nope, it ain't rocket science. Just a little bit of logic and a dab of common sense. As far as grinding, my main workhorse is a Dewalt end grinder with a 6 or 8 flute tapered burr bit. You can really do some damage with this combo. Buy a ball bit and you'll be in high cotton, probably won't wanna stop! See pic below.

As far as the porting work by ZZPerf, they have their own ways of doin' things. Take the M112-rotors-in-a-M90-case project for example. Anybody ever figure how they'll get that front 1" worth of flow to go rearward past the water jacket port and down into the GM intake?
As noted at in my first paragraph above, my hillbilly flowbench showed some surprising results.

'bird

ps: Damon, you're crackin' me up LOL!

This is what the GM crowd wish they could do...
8993scport5946.jpg

That's one weird lookin' blower!! :)

Although I'd be going up the middle and not larger and farther out the sides. All that does is create more reversion into the intake plenum. Filling the floor and opening the space up between the bearings would be the ticket. Air needs the sides of the case to build boost. Take the sides away and the rotors have less time to compress the air. Been there... done that... didn't work... twice. The ESM Dominion 3 I have now makes more boost with less noise and less OD than the previous 2 they'd sent me with 'wings' like that. :)

Good luck!!

Steve

95031919lerpfh_ph.jpg
what about this is this viable port

Attachments

• woman-warrior.gif
    woman-warrior.gif
    156.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
whoops wrong picture where the heck is that inlet port sorry guys.

must be the beer
bbbbbbb.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the bottom right even had enough room to get a trapped volume. About looks like it wouldn't flow.

BlackbirdSC said:
That's one weird lookin' blower!! :)

Although I'd be going up the middle and not larger and farther out the sides. All that does is create more reversion into the intake plenum. Filling the floor and opening the space up between the bearings would be the ticket. Air needs the sides of the case to build boost. Take the sides away and the rotors have less time to compress the air. Been there... done that... didn't work... twice. The ESM Dominion 3 I have now makes more boost with less noise and less OD than the previous 2 they'd sent me with 'wings' like that. :)

Good luck!!

Steve
Good points but...wait'll ya see the inlet plenum ;)

'bird

Back