full side pictures of my bird with 235 60 16 plus lowered in back.

blown96bird

I finaly got full side pictues of the 235 60 16 on my bird. My bird because it has the allen supercharger installed it sits 3/4 of a inch lower in the front than a stock bird. The back looked like it was a jacked up left over from the 70s. I hate that. I had to cut 3/8 of a coil out of the rear rear springs inorder to get the rear to have the same rear wheel gap.

low down.jpg

I'm no expert in suspensions at all but I keep hearing that cutting springs will affect the handling in a negative manner. If this is true why cut your springs?

That sounds really weird. Cutting can affect handling but it works. I had the springs cut in a Mustang I had and it did the trick but the ride got harsh, more so than just buying some progressive rate lowering springs.

Hopefully not the case here. What you really don't want to do is heat your springs to lower them. That happened to a buddy's Mark VII LSC he had. I told him it was a bad idea but he got them to do it anyways. Sure enough he picked it up that afternoon took it for a drive the back way and when he came around a corner the car just left the road. Looks like the springs just collapsed and he rolled the thing in a farmers field, crushed his hand and completely totalled the car. Probably for the best though, he got a nicer one for a song less than a year later.

Back