still vibrating with new rotors and new brake pads?

darkstar_one

hey, how come my dam steering wheel still vibrates even after i had new brake pads and new rotors popped in yesterday? it does it even worst then my warped rotors did? anyone?

How do the brakes feel? Does it stop better than before? Maybe some how you got air in the lines. Just an idea.

Or better yet, maybe you have a wheel out of balance?

Shane

Does the wheel shake only while you are on the brakes or does it sometimes while you are cruising?

I had a shake on the highway that is much better now after putting on new outer tie rods,

Just a thought

I've given up on chasing this one. Put new rotors on and rebuilt brakes and still pulsing, not as bad, but still there. Think my tie rod ends and other bushings/suspension components are gone..

Make absolutely sure that the rotor seats perfectly flat against the hub and that the hub surface is clean. I have heard reports of some aftermarket rotors not seating on the hub correctly. You may have been sold 89-90 rotors which will not seat right on the 91-later hubs which have a larger shoulder on the hubs. John

hmmm... can it be u are right about the new rotors and the year models? probably so, i mean, ive popped in new rotors before and it has gone away, but i think i might have gotten early model rotors, my dad did get them through the SHELL GAS SERVICE STATIOn were he works at, hmmm. Can it be i should of bought them from AUTOZONE myself?

Did you torque the wheel lug nuts correctly? If not, you may have warped the new rotors.

torque the wheel nuts correctly? wtf, i doubt thats the case, if not then plenty of people would be out of business for being sued for bad torqueing of the wheel lug nuts.

darkstar_one said:
torque the wheel nuts correctly? wtf, i doubt thats the case, if not then plenty of people would be out of business for being sued for bad torqueing of the wheel lug nuts.

Actually that's how they stay in business. They damage your rotors and then charge you to fix your brakes. There was a Technical Service Bulletin in 1989 about over-torquing the lug nuts and warping the rotors.

im pretty sure it isnt about overtorquieng anything, if that was the case then i would of warped a million discs already, i think i have rotors from earlier tbird as stated above, i did a lil research and it proves correct KRAGEN has 2 different part numbers for a 89 SC and for a 91 SC, both of them from REYBESTOs. so i think thats my pickle, i will fix it soon, i think ima get those cross drilled slotted rotors for the front and back from ebay, latez.

Back