Super Coupe vs GTP shootout?

BlownMerc

I remember a few years ago when I had my 90 XR7 that there was a SC vs GTP shootout. Im not sure if it was posted on this site or TCCoA, but does this race still occur? I though it took place up north like near Michagan. I was hoping to get a race of sorts together down here in Florida. I know that the the temps will be dropping here now so some better times should be possible. Would anyone be interested in such an event. I would try and schedule it at say Orlando Speed World, on either one of their Fun Day Sunday, daytime events, or just a regular nightime race on Friday. I know there are some SCs here in Florida, we've met before. So I was just wanting to get your imput on such an event before I propose it to the GTP guys. I must say you SC guys are much more enthusiastic about events then the GM guys, so hopfully with your support I can get a good GM turn out.
Thank you,
Brad

P.S.- Anyone with ideas or sugestions please feel free to email me BlownPrix@yahoo.com or AIM me BlownPrix again thank you.

I was at the first SC vs. GTP vs. Impala SS shootout in St. Louis MO. Dave Neibert was there with his SC and his wife Kathy had her GTP there I believe. Chris Mendola made his 12.88 pass there. Haven't seen his car on the track since. I think that was back in 2000.

Mike Albee (with SC Club of IA) gets together with the Iowa GTP guys 2-3 times per year for SC/GTP Club Clash events. The next one is Oct 16th, which I'm planning to attend.

-Andy "Melon"

Good luck with the GTP kicking, there are some very fast GTPs running out there.
http://www.3800tech.com/lists/quarter.html (more up to date)
http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/qtrmile.asp

I know there is a race setup up north, Im trying to get something together down here in Florida, that will attract the southern states, like Georgia Alabama, NC, SC, and Mississippi. So, if anyone would be interested in such an event, please let me know.

Or if you would rather so a local all Florida meet let me know on that too.

Thanks again,
Brad

Ya, I know. My best run this weekend was 13.5 so I should be taking a few of em. I have beaten a couple before on the streets if that even counts. I should be running 12's around the end of the month if everything goes well and there is still a track open.

Nice car by the way. ;)

get er done!

When I had the XR7 I used to love hunting GTPs as many were stock and didn't have a chance.

Thanks I checked out your page, nice car as well.

You sound like me, I ordered a couple new goodies, and my goal is a 12 sec pass with the next mods. From what everyone says it should happen with my MPH. Should have happened already but I won't run with drag radials.

Good luck with your SC. I have to consantly educate the guys on the GM forum on the workings of the SC. They complain about expense and lack of engine room sometimes. They don't have a clue!

Last edited:
Back