Newbie in Central Florida :-)

unclenick

I just took possession of "Project SC". This is my 2nd SC and am located in MT Dora, Florida. It is an 89 5spd, black/silver. Do you guys/gals ever meet up? This seems like a pretty cool group :) Hope to meet up with you all soon. :)

Welcome to the group, yea we try to meet up. Sometimes it works well and sometimes not. I think someone else lives in Mt. Dora in the club, I live in West Orlando. Hope to meet up with you soon. Keep a track of this site and we will usually post a meet before hand. Post some pic’s of your new SC if you can. :D

Hey welcome unclenick. Like Flip said Rick aka Sweet90sc lives in Leesburg. We have a great bunch here in fl and have 1 or 2 big meets a year hope to see you there and post pics of the car.

Hey Rick how long have you had that avatar? Just noticed it and made me laugh. Where do you guys get those things at??

No not me, but I am the store manager at the Goodyear in Leesburg! I just picked up the car this past Sunday in South Carolina and trailered it back. The car is not in the best of shape...yet :) The car needs some work, as it sits, not a bad daily driver but needs alot of trim work. I did the ft/rear bushings today, going to attack the leaking valve cover gaskets tomorrow and headliner by the end of the week and hopefully before the end of the month...off to body shop to get re-painted( paint is ok, but a little faded). Once the body and interior is done....then we will get to mods :) I want an 12 second SC and I will have it. :) If anyone needs anything from a Goodyear, look me up in Leesburg. I'll take care of club members C-YA! :D

I'll take some pics tomorrow when the sun/rain :rolleyes: is out!

I've had a few Jake. I find most of them on like CNN.com or something this particular one was a gift from a friend of Carla's.. Actually any pic will work they just need to be small enough to fit up there.

You don't happen to have a red one do you because I saw a red 89 or 90 at the walgreens next to the Ford place in Leesburg today :D

Oh by the way RJ's son Thomas lives in Mt Dora He has a very nice black SC

Here are 2 pics of the car when I picked it up on Sat in South Carolina.

33%3B%3A76%3B523232%7Ffp76%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3B96%3D%3A86%3DXROQDF%3E232365459%3C85%3Bot1lsi

33%3B%3A76%3B523232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3B96%3D%3A86%3DXROQDF%3E232365459%3C6%3B6ot1lsi

unclenick said:
If anyone needs anything from a Goodyear, look me up in Leesburg. I'll take care of club members

Hey man be carefull what you offer, you might get to work and find a few SC's waiting for you to open. :D :D :D :D

Pic's of the car look great.. Need to have a meet sometime, seems like we are getting some new members..

Congratulations on the SC Unclenick :) I look forward to meeting you at a future meet.
The SC looks good in the pictures. Where in SC did you pick the car up? Seems like a long way to go to get a SC... But not as far as RJ went to get his.
Welcome to out little corner of the world.

Bryan

Well, fixed the oil leak from HELL today. Found a couple of bad things. Looks like a mouse had been living in the engine compartment....yep, got all sorts of exposed wires and some chewed up too. I reapired as many as I could find. I did both V-cover gaskets today, replaced all coolant hoses including by-pass mod and heater hoses. The car still has a very long way to go. It looks good in pics but it is in need of quite a bit of TLC. The worse thing is the brake problem, yep you guessed it....the master cylinder/abs pump is acting up. Sometimes I hit the brakes and no problem, then others the ABS and BRAKE lamps light up and the car has really crappy brakes. I need to fix this before anything else. Anyone got any suggestions? I called Prestige Ford today and the master/abs has been LONG discontinued. I picked up the car in South Carolina. Yea, kind of a far drive but need to do something away from the wife and kids for a day to collect my sanity...LOL...just kidding. :D

Last edited:
Do the brake and APS lights do a quick flash and then turn off? If so I might just be the Brake Accumulator (Black dome about 3” in dia)on the backside of the Master Cylinder. You can do a search on SCCOA for a replacement. Around $100 I think, I need one for the 89 I just started driving. If I find out anything I’ll let you know. There is also a rebuilt replacement for the Master/ ABS unit also but is around the $500 level I think.

If you need any SC parts new or Used give Victor or Diana at http://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/ a call, they are in Ocala. He told me today that he had a good used Master/ ABS unit on the shelf. They are in the process of redoing their web page so if you don’t see what you want give him or Diana a call or an e-mail. She is very well versed in SC parts also.

Looks like you had a good first day with the SC.
:D

Flip said:
Do the brake and APS lights do a quick flash and then turn off? If so I might just be the Brake Accumulator (Black dome about 3” in dia)on the backside of the Master Cylinder. You can do a search on SCCOA for a replacement. Around $100 I think, I need one for the 89 I just started driving. If I find out anything I’ll let you know. There is also a rebuilt replacement for the Master/ ABS unit also but is around the $500 level I think.

If you need any SC parts new or Used give Victor or Diana at http://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/ a call, they are in Ocala. He told me today that he had a good used Master/ ABS unit on the shelf. They are in the process of redoing their web page so if you don’t see what you want give him or Diana a call or an e-mail. She is very well versed in SC parts also.

Looks like you had a good first day with the SC.
:D

Yea, they flash on and off when applying the brake pedal, but this morning they stayed on and pedal was rock hard. I shut the car off and everything was fine until I hit the brake pedal again. It has not given me a hard pedal since this morning but the lights are coming on/off every time I hit the brake.

I don't know, maybe the pump stuck for a min. I might what to go though some of the SCCOA thread's and see what you can come up with. I've had a 93 SC which has a diff. brake system. So I'm only a few days ahead of you on this. Just started driving the 89 today, mine has worked great except for the light sometimes.
Anybody else have any idea's?

The quick on/off of the brake and ABS lights may be an indication of a bad brake accumulator. I believe Prior Remanufacturing makes a replacement for about $100. The Ford replacement accumulator is about $225 without a discount. When you turn the key on but you don't start the engine listen for the ABS pump to cycle. It should run for up to 1 minute to pressurize the system. Once it stops running step on the brake pedal several times counting the number of times you have to step on the pedal to get the pump to start running again. I believe it should take like 5 times before the pump pressurizes the system again. The hard brake pedal may be a sign of the pump failing or the pump relay may be bad. Do a search on here for information on the TEVES II ABS system. Duffy Floyd did a complete explanation on the operation of the system some time ago. Really excellent reading on the system. If you can't find his explanation of the system, let me know so I can dig up the copy of Charging Thunder with the article and scan it if need be.

Bryan

The other one that lives in Mt. Dora is my son, TommySC... Welcome unclenick, you might catch site of my son, he lives behind the Wal-mart there on 441... He's got a black 93 SC with grey lowers..

RJ

Back