View Poll Results: Polish or paint?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polish it all

25 46.30%
  • Paint between the letters

19 35.19%
  • Chrome? (anybody willing to lend me the $? )

10 18.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polish or paint

I think what I'll do is do it like mcate and if I do'nt really like it I'll paint it similar to Tim's. At least with the paint, I can always remove it easily. Damn this really is time consuming...

Quote Originally Posted by Grims95SC
    I think what I'll do is do it like mcate and if I do'nt really like it I'll paint it similar to Tim's. At least with the paint, I can always remove it easily. Damn this really is time consuming...

I did mine last winter. Came home from work every day & just spent an hour or 2 on it. I bought a set of IC tubes & all from someone so I wouldn't have to remove the ones on the car & the car be down. You're definitely right about the time-consuming part. Getting the pits out with the 60 grit is the slowest. After that I found it went a lot faster.

Cool Pics of my work

WHOOHOOOO!!! I finished my intercooler today. I polished the top and sides up to 1000 grit and painted the bottom, front and back gloss black. BIG IMPROVEMENT! But damn was the top ever pitted badly. Forget sandpaper, get a grinder!

And here's the result of my labour. It doesn't look as good as it will since the pic of it placed on the engine was taken in my garage which has bad lighting and I haven't used much aluminum polish on it. But still I think it's a big improvment!
    Last edited by Grims95SC; 11-07-2004 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Update with pics

How freakin long did the polishing from start to finish take? GEEZ!

I think I have about 3 hours into the top and about 3-1/2 into this valve cover.

A lot of time but think about the gains in horsepower!!

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images