Any ideas about a MEET!!!!!! anybody

Daybirdsc

:eek: Ok guys I would like, at the least, to discuss a meet. :( I have tried once to have a Covington, Louisiana area meet but I only ever got one person to reply to me, :D so Im trying again there are two great state parks near my area where we could have a meet or just have it in downtown Covington its self, by the way for all you who dont know where covington is it is about 30 miles north of :D New Orleans :D , on the north sore of lake pounchatrain ( :rolleyes: questionable spelling on pounchatrain :rolleyes: ). So please give me your ideas on a meet, try to give me ideas on any places of times you would like to have a meet, but the distince I can travle is kind of limited but give me all ideas anyway. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt mind having a get together but im working on doing some major T-bird reconstruction. I think ill be finished till the end of the year. Heres a list of what i plan to:

1) Have the transmission serviced; drain conveter and pan fluid, checked connections and all sensors and driveline checked ( doing that today).

2) Replace stock balancer with new BHJ, also replace all power steering hoses and pump. New coolant lines and possible timing cover gasket.

3) New suspension; new springs (ebiach), shocks, and polyurethane mounts to replace all stock rubber ones.

4) Finish exhaust; flowmaster 40 w/ Tb88 Y pipe, new 02 sensors

5) New paint job. Still looking into. Want to keep original color.

6) New 17" Mille Miglia rims

Until all that is done, i dont want anyone to my bird. Especially since I lost my rims. Its not pretty anymore (except the interior wich is mint w/ leather).

Last edited:
Meet Suggestion

I recommend a meet in your area, east TX, western LA. Might be a little more central. I went, along w/some others, last Feb to Slidell for some Mardis Gras parades.

I also suggest to open a meet to include all MN12's and advertise over at TCCoA.

I had a meet at my house south of Houston last May and all attendee's were mostly Houston area w/exception of Tbird88 and ILUSNFORC from San Antonio.

Still Crusin said:
I recommend a meet in your area, east TX, western LA. Might be a little more central. I went, along w/some others, last Feb to Slidell for some Mardis Gras parades.

I also suggest to open a meet to include all MN12's and advertise over at TCCoA.

I had a meet at my house south of Houston last May and all attendee's were mostly Houston area w/exception of Tbird88 and ILUSNFORC from San Antonio.
hey thanks for replying to my thread. the only problem with this idea is the distence for me but i understand this is the same problem for you. so if we can come up with a place i will see about making it there. but yes i do understand that miledge is a big issue with these things but if we can get the word out and if we can forsure get a place and time i and some more people to show up im for it. but at the least try to keep it in louisisana.

to all who are reading these treads and are waiting for others to write stop waiting we need your thoughts on these events too so please write your thoughts in these treads it would make this easier for all of us.

Motorsport Ranch meet?

I suggest Dallas because it is on the list to vote for the 2005 SC Shootout. If this is to ever happen we need to build a stronger SCCoA community up here. Maybe do a drag race if any of you want. Right now we sorta depend on Fordbastards (mostly SHO owners) and TCCoA TX Chapter. Both leaders are in DFW area.

Please cast your vote if would attend and drive in the SC SHootout:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53264&page=1&pp=15

Don French is having another club day at MSR January 16, 2005. This is where you have 3 classroom sessions and 4 on track sessions on a raod race course. It is safe and very fun. No fender rubbing, as apssing only allowed on strait-aways. Drive sa hard or gentle as you like. SCs have participated in this and our cars do very well against the SHOs which come from Houston, San Antonio, Austin as well as DFW. These guys do the Fun Runs a few of you have participated in.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53297

Maybe some of you would like the Fun Run they are having on Saturday or we can drag race or what ever you want. MSR following on Sunday.

Daybirdsc said:
hey thanks for replying to my thread. the only problem with this idea is the distence for me but i understand this is the same problem for you.
Let me check on those warrants in Tangapahoa Parish and I'll get back to ya. If you know a backroad around that section of we-know-you-didn't-do-nuthin'-but-we-want-your-$-anyway section of I-10 then just holler.

By the way, you ever look for that old friend of mine in Covington?

'bird

Daybirdsc said:
hey thanks for replying to my thread. the only problem with this idea is the distence for me but i understand this is the same problem for you. so if we can come up with a place i will see about making it there. but yes i do understand that miledge is a big issue with these things but if we can get the word out and if we can forsure get a place and time i and some more people to show up im for it. but at the least try to keep it in louisisana.

to all who are reading these treads and are waiting for others to write stop waiting we need your thoughts on these events too so please write your thoughts in these treads it would make this easier for all of us.

Hey i will be at anything yall put together in east texas! I am in west texas so its a bit of a drive but im willing!

OK, guys its looks like we got a good amount of people wanting to go but when a good time for all of you. also where do you guys want to have it, so far we only got the new orleans area and the dallas area so mabe you can give us afew more suggestion we can pick a place, but like i said before i would like to keep it in louisian but thats just me and if i have to ill make the long haul.

Maybe we can start with who all's interested.. I am. ;) Just need to swap out my drivetrain (transmission and rear end parts) beforehand so I can make an out of town trip. ;) The MSR thing in January would be good.. It would be great to have some SuperCoupes make a showing there. :D

Super Coupe meet

I am 100% sure that i am gonna be at the Motor Sport Ranch thing in January. If you want to have something before that i suggest the weekend of December 10-12 In Longview Texas that is middle ground between dallas and louisiana. Maybe that saturday in particular. There are many places to stay, eat and such. Let me know. I am in abilene texas so its about a 5-6 hour drive for me, thats about as far as i can go.

Last edited:
Daybirdsc said:
OK, guys its looks like we got a good amount of people wanting to go but when a good time for all of you. also where do you guys want to have it, so far we only got the new orleans area and the dallas area so mabe you can give us afew more suggestion we can pick a place, but like i said before i would like to keep it in louisian but thats just me and if i have to ill make the long haul.
Hey Daybird,
We had a meet at my house in Febuary for Mardi Gras.

Check out this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41489

Chase Power said:
So any takers on Longview Texas for the meet?
Well sounds like a long drive but its closer then dallas so let me start saving money for the trip. so im all in :confused: assuming my car will stay running untill then.
:rolleyes: Or we could always wait until Mardigras and have around the northsore again.

P.S. wish i would of had my SC in feburary this year so i would have been able to hang with you all. Nice pics FearThisSC

Chase Power said:
So any takers on Longview Texas for the meet?
Well sounds like a long drive but its closer then dallas so let me start saving money for the trip.

so im all in:confused: assuming my car will stay running untill then.

:rolleyes: Or we could always wait until Mardigras and have around the northsore again.

P.S. wish i would of had my SC in feburary this year so i would have been able to hang with you all. Nice pics FearThisSC

I think we would have a pretty good turnout in Houston as always, just because most SC's are there... But I think Dallas would be cool for a change, and its most centrally located for all of us. From Abilene, San Antonio, Houston, Louisiana, and Wynn would have a long drive from Beaumont, but Dallas would be a great place. Like Doug said... Dallas is in the voting for the 2005 SC Shootout and we should try to promote as much activity in the Dallas area as possible. Well.. thats what I think...

Plus, we could put an invite on the TCCoA boards...

Last edited:
Longview

Hey just letting yall know that i am planning on being in Longview texas dec. 10-12 So if anybody wants to come maybe that saturday let me know! then we can figure out a meeting place there! It'll be a blast! i get my super coupe in 2 weeks! email me at cobra5513@yahoo.com Thanks!

Back