AC delete question

Dahoopd

Ok, I ripped out the entire AC system. Hey thats funny why is the belt too long? Anyway, Can I put the compressor on minus anything else and just put the belts back on and run it like that for two weeks until I get the AC delete pulley. I was afraid that the compressor would seize and grenade a belt.

Also if you dont mind answering this also. I am doing the exhaust at the same time as the AC delete. Can I just hack the exhaust off at the converter after inspection to get by with Ported heads and manifolds with a 10%. Will the exhaust sound like total crap. Thanks

Dahoopd said:
Ok, I ripped out the entire AC system. Hey thats funny why is the belt too long? Anyway, Can I put the compressor on minus anything else and just put the belts back on and run it like that for two weeks until I get the AC delete pulley. I was afraid that the compressor would seize and grenade a belt.

Also if you dont mind answering this also. I am doing the exhaust at the same time as the AC delete. Can I just hack the exhaust off at the converter after inspection to get by with Ported heads and manifolds with a 10%. Will the exhaust sound like total crap. Thanks

Yes, you can do your A/C this way, I have been driving like this for about a month now. Haven't got around to buying a new belt.

Yes, your exhaust will sound like "total crap".

Back