Shootout 2005

XR7 Dave

Hey guys, getting a feel for where people would want to see the SC Shootout next year. Check the polls forum for your chance to influence history! lol

Right Next to ALL of our houses! :eek: How great would that be! Now there is a community. One big zip code with all SC owners!

Anthony

XR7 Dave said:
Hey guys, getting a feel for where people would want to see the SC Shootout next year. Check the polls forum for your chance to influence history! lol

Ill tell ya dave. I would **** myself constantly for 24 hours if you guys could put it somewhere within 2 hours or so of me... but for a good suggestion...
- Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD
- ATCo Dragway

Either one would be freakin awesome

jOe

I think it should be help over on the east coast somewhere

Cecil Co. Dragway in MD
Englishtown Raceway Park in NJ
Atco Raceway in NJ
Maple Grove in PA

All of these ar just suggestions & I would be a definite show if it was held anywhere within 2 hours of myself also. I am prolly comin reguardless in 2005. Hope to finally meet you one of these days David.

Jay

Englishtown and Atco are the fastest tracks in the country because of the barometer is very high. I'm in for it even though i live in indy.

How about one in Texas, thats like a central area, so it will be the same length trip from each cost =P. Plus we are at sea level which = faster times. Baytown dragstrip right outside of Houston would be a fun place.

Englishtown is too expensive for what we want. But ATCO, which is a very fast track, is definitely cheap enough for the day&night. So whever you want it, go vote that in the polls!

Anthony

All,

The 4 tracks that were mentioned above are very good. However I tried to get each of them for the event this year and they were to expensive. Unless you have it during the week or during a regular event(which can be a pain) these big tracks are impossible. I think having the track to yourself is the only way to go and you need someone to accomadate that.
The other thing to consider is having someone to host it in your area, XR7 Dave spent most of the year organizing the last event.

Gary

Englishtown and Atco are below sea level i think. But they are definitely below sea level when you factor in temperature, humidity and barometer which is the killer one. :D

How about something central so the Canadian boys can come down. Maybe that whole Vegas idea. People from eastern Canada and Western Canada can come and it would be a huge turnout. I wish it was sooner cause our dollar is so good now.

I have to agree with Gary, Norwalk was excellent this year and Dave put in a tremendous amount of work to pull off a first class event. I'm not sure how any track, location or coordinator can be better than this year but please keep in mind if you lobby for this thing to be near you then you are in for a tremendous amount of time and effort to pull it off.

I traveled 700mi this year and will go a long way next year as well, but the key to a great event is not location but a knowledgable, dedicated, and local coordinator.

If you want this thing near you don't think you can just drive up and go racing, be prepared for alot of work. (BTW if Dave is involved again he is a great taskmaster so don't even think about slacking off)

I also vote David D. be the full-time President and commisioner of all future shootouts. He is the most dedicated and probably the most knowledgable person to run such an event. David will organize another great event that will be to the advantage of the most members.
I have heard nothing bad about Norwalk, why would we even change the location? It always sound like a great central spot for a majority of the people. If it ain't broke dont fix it, just refine it a bit.

Gary

kuhnga said:
I also vote David D. be the full-time President and commisioner of all future shootouts. He is the most dedicated and probably the most knowledgable person to run such an event. David will organize another great event that will be to the advantage of the most members.
I have heard nothing bad about Norwalk, why would we even change the location? It always sound like a great central spot for a majority of the people. If it ain't broke dont fix it, just refine it a bit.

Gary
Not many showed up. I think more would show to an Oklahoma shootout. Like I said in the other thread, sell the rights to the next location an EBAY. I will be listing my vote for sale there shortly. :D

I agree with the people who think it should be in the central states...it would be almost impossible to hold it on either coast and expect a good turnout due to the tremendous driving distance. Just my $0.02. :)

Oklahoma or Dallas would be ideal, OKC is 1300 miles from either coast, so no driving 2500 miles for the shootout would probably pick up attendance quite a bit. Plus, you have a member that lives less than 5 miles from Thunder Valley to do all the setup and planning.

Darkside said:
Not many showed up.
Darkside,
Where did you get that info from???? I believe we had 40+ show up. Don't get me wrong I am for a west coast one year, east coast the next. I have been to both shootouts. I would hope to see the size of the event increase each year.
Later
Ken

Need to find someone that works in the Railroad industry.

Track down a line of flatbeds deadheading somewhere and load it full of SC's heading to the other side of the country. Save on the wear and tear that some don't like and make the trip less of a pain.

Ken Seegers said:
Darkside,
Where did you get that info from???? I believe we had 40+ show up. Don't get me wrong I am for a west coast one year, east coast the next. I have been to both shootouts. I would hope to see the size of the event increase each year.
Later
Ken

Right here.---CLICK ME!

If you go to the poll and look at the results, as of right now 42 people have voted for Pennsylvania alone. Where were all of these people when it was in Ohio? I'm not trying to start an argument, and I'm sure that some of the people that voted for Pennsylvania for next time showed up to this years shootout, but I really believe an Oklahoma or Texas meet would net alot more people.

Last edited:
Back