View Poll Results: Where Should the 2005 SC Shootout be Held?

Voters
299. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nevada/Utah

50 16.72%
  • Dallas, TX

50 16.72%
  • Wisconsin

55 18.39%
  • North Carolina

41 13.71%
  • Philidelphia

71 23.75%
  • None work for me and I want to attend!

32 10.70%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2005 SC Shootout Location!

eyeah, at the same time, I could ask why don't we have the shootout in Washington State. I wont suggest that 'cause I want to see a lot more faces at a meet, not just the local. I woulld have to go with a few of the other guys as far as a more central location like Texas, or Oklahoma. That's just me, but if you all just want to see your local club members, that's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by over_charged SC
    eyeah, at the same time, I could ask why don't we have the shootout in Washington State. I wont suggest that 'cause I want to see a lot more faces at a meet, not just the local. I woulld have to go with a few of the other guys as far as a more central location like Texas, or Oklahoma. That's just me, but if you all just want to see your local club members, that's all good.
    You make a really good point and I like your attitude. I wonder how many people share your opinion on the matter? Sure it's neat when the event is in your back yard, but if more people would make a vacation out of it and attend from a long distance they'd have more fun. It all adds to the excitment. From the past two shootouts that we have had I can assure you that the people who drove the furthest will say that they had the best time.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

At college in Abilene TX, so in summer im in Houston TX

Thumbs up Hey

I believe that Dallas or Ok. City would be the best place for the best turn out. It is just like a lot of other people have said a central location. I am about to get my second super coupe. I dont have 2, but i had one a few years ago and drove it till it quit. The one i am about to get is a 1995 red with leather and 78,000 miles on it! (with a manuel trans!) So i certainly hope to be able to make it to this!

I am good with anytime, i am in college so if it were over the hollidays or on a weekend that would be great. I have never been to one of these so i dont know exactly how they work or how long they last but if some body would just make a time then i would find a way to be there.
    Last edited by Chase Power; 11-10-2004 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave
    You make a really good point and I like your attitude. I wonder how many people share your opinion on the matter? Sure it's neat when the event is in your back yard, but if more people would make a vacation out of it and attend from a long distance they'd have more fun. It all adds to the excitment. From the past two shootouts that we have had I can assure you that the people who drove the furthest will say that they had the best time.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    The point is a simple one, and hopefully an easy one to understand. I would gladly drive to any central state, but going as far as New York, or Verginia (nothing against thes two, just listing as examples) for me would cost more than $800, + travel time, + over 3K miles. No thanks. What you have stated, and I hope that those reading this receive a clearer understanding that a central location will be by far more benificial than stuck on a coastline in BFE where not everyone can get to. Obviously, the next question is when.

Closed!

The committee will open another poll once they are ready to decide on a location!

Thanks for you participation!!!!