2005 SC Shootout Location!

Where Should the 2005 SC Shootout be Held?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR7 Dave

Vote here for your prefered location. Please only vote if you would plan on attending! Thanks!!!

Last edited:
XR7 Dave said:
Vote here for your prefered location. Please only vote if you would plan on attending! Thanks!!!

Uhmm, you ask us to vote for our preferred location, but the actual poll asks us to vote for the closest location. Maybe it should have been a bit more geographic by region?

I mean, Philly is the closest choice for me, but I am certainly willing to travel a whole lot further then that. I realize that this is not going to be an easy choice, orpoll to put together, I guess, but even so..... <shrug>

I don't know. What does anyone else think??

Ira

irar said:
Uhmm, you ask us to vote for our preferred location, but the actual poll asks us to vote for the closest location. Maybe it should have been a bit more geographic by region?

I mean, Philly is the closest choice for me, but I am certainly willing to travel a whole lot further then that. I realize that this is not going to be an easy choice, orpoll to put together, I guess, but even so..... <shrug>

I don't know. What does anyone else think??

Ira

This is a preliminary poll. We are trying to see where the enthusiasts are, once we get a little better idea of where people are from, we will be able to narrow our search.

I understand exactly what you are saying but that is pretty tough to put in one poll. :)

XR7 Dave said:
This is a preliminary poll. We are trying to see where the enthusiasts are, once we get a little better idea of where people are from, we will be able to narrow our search.

I understand exactly what you are saying but that is pretty tough to put in one poll. :)

Quite true. You do have to start somewhere.

I voted for Dallas which is 6 hours away, although I'd travel about 12-15 hrs in total I suppose. No other decent facilities in that range that I can think of.

I voted for Dallas. It is a fun city with lots to do, in case a family wanted to make a vacation out of the trip. Plus it is the most centrally located place. If none of the West Coasters can make it to Dallas, well then it should be held in the East from here on out. My second choice would be Las Vegas. Really, really fun place. ;) :D Not sure of the elevation in Dallas. :confused:

I'm sure we could round up some locals, and all surounding points to make for quit a few. I will post in Gulf States Chapter if not already done by the Houston Gang.

TCCoA Texas & OK are fairly organized out here. See what Dave Reeves (focus) thinks and see if some of the SCers interested.

Also will tell Don French (blue92) about this for his Fordbastards club here in TX, which has a few SCs to see if any are interested.

These 2 groups are pretty strong for the DFW area. SCCoA pretty strong in Houston and New Orleans.

If you come to Dallas I don't suppose an event like this will have time for any cornering. We have a track that maybe we can use depending on the date if we get 20-32 cars for a class from 2-5PM one day. Now MSR will allow running in the rain unless it is a down poor. I am a MSR member and can do that, but Fordbastards usually sponsors this as well and invites SCCoA and TCCoA, and they also hold "Fun Runs" on back higways with twisties and use walkie talkies to get a string of cars really going.

Last edited:
Sure like to see something closer to Canada, sure it's cold up here but I would like to burn somebodies a$$.. lol.. I just got me a 92 T-Bird SC, would like to rebuild it STOCK but would like to hear the stories. That's why I'd like to come, but Dallas is alot to far away. But I guess the parts that I could buy and replace would make up for that.. lol :rolleyes:

Plz make it closer ;)

Grant

I still think we should consider a -bi annual shootout-. With so many thousands of miles from coast to coast half of our community gets "left out", and need to wait a year, or even two until it gets closer to them.
One thing that I learned is that it gets more costly with every hundred miles.
The trip to the shootout ended up costing me over $700 Not including the cost of fixing my car! :p And that was with sleeping at a couple rest areas!
Just something to think about. A trip to Dallas is too far for me, but I am up in the boonies anyway.
Best,
Tom

I voted for Nevada/Utah, not because I think it's the best location for a good turnout, but because it's the closest to me - which is what the poll is asking.

For the good of the meet, I think Nevada/Utah is too far west for many to get to (although convenient for me). Las Vegas would be great, but I don't think many people could get their cars there.

My suggestion would be Oklahoma City. It's not necessarily local for many of us, but it is reachable for most of us in the country. Any further west, I believe, would put the meet out of range for most of the east, and vice versa. Dallas would be my second choice, but OKC is more centrally accessible to NE and SE areas.

My guess is that about 3/4 of all the cars are located east of St Louis. I understand that those of us in the west will have to compromise on the location to have a successful turnout.

I plan to be there wherever it is, and hopefully be able get my car to it.

BigD and OKC are a hop skip an a jump for us here in Texas 'cause we drive just to get anywhere but the Dallas group are indeed a very enthusiastic bunch. Myself, I wouldn't mind travelin' up to 800 one way from Beaumont, TX.

Chatanooga - 700
Birmingham - 575
Atlanta - 700
Memphis - 550-600

'bird

My vote is for Dallas. I lived in Dallas for a couple of years and it was great. lots of stuff to do in the DFW area. Not to mention its not that far of a drive from down here. Like XR7 Dave said, low elevation and good weather year round play a good factor. About what time of year are we talking?

Waukesha also has a good elevation-821ft, and also has good weather year round-in fact, Waukesha would be cooler, allowing for better runs, than Dallas in August.

Something else to think about is the number of severe storms in TX/OK v WI

Grantster said:
Sure like to see something closer to Canada, sure it's cold up here but I would like to burn somebodies a$$.. lol.. I just got me a 92 T-Bird SC, would like to rebuild it STOCK but would like to hear the stories. That's why I'd like to come, but Dallas is alot to far away. But I guess the parts that I could buy and replace would make up for that.. lol :rolleyes:

Plz make it closer ;)

Grant

Dude, how much closer than Wisconsin do you want it to be???? :D

I voted Dallas, but I would think OKC would be better for most people, it's the most central location I could come up with. I'm the Oklahoma chapter director for TCCoA, and OzzmanG149 lives right by the track in Noble, and has volunteered to lay down the groundwork for a successful event.

BTW: Can I run my 4.6???? :p

Come on-I know there's lots more of you out there in the Upper Midwest than that!!

We really need to get this up to the Great Lakes Dragaway ;)

Rich1034 said:
I voted Dallas, but I would think OKC would be better for most people, it's the most central location I could come up with. I'm the Oklahoma chapter director for TCCoA, and OzzmanG149 lives right by the track in Noble, and has volunteered to lay down the groundwork for a successful event.

BTW: Can I run my 4.6???? :p

Yes you can. :)

wisc, (GLD) would be closest but im not apposed to making a trip to tx. that said. phili works too, ut/nv id have to check the mileage to thoes places, NC might be closer too.

basicly all work with mabey the exeception of ut/nv id have to check on that one. 15-16hrs is around my limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back