Ford Needs to WAKE UP

1QuikV6

I think Ford is getting ready to get a rude wake up call if dodge/chrysler keeps pumping out things like the 300C SRT-8 with sub 14 e/t's, 425 hp, and 420lb/ft. Personally I think Id be afraid to even attempt to take one in my SC and I think I would tend to get outraged if a Chrysler passed me. 4160lbs puts it on par with us except with double the power and 100+lb/ft on us. I think Im going to be sick.

Cant Ford shoehorn a Cobra V8 into a Five-Hundred or SOMETHING!!!???

srt8.jpg

srt82.jpg

srt85.jpg

General Information
Price: $--,---
Miles Per Gallon: 14/19 mpg
Curb Weight: 4160 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic
Engine
Type: Hemi V8
Displacement: 6100 cc
Horsepower: 425 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 5.0 sec
1/4: 13s@----

Ford sucks, and I LOVE that car. Never fear, 400HP is not hard to get with an SC and a lot cheaper than that car. :D

Ford missed a great opportunity with the new Five Hundred. They should have made its shape more unique. To me it looks like a cross between a Taurus and an Audi A6.

It looks like a minivan from the front. Very plain and a less-than-enticing powertrain. its a dud. it sucks. mark it for the extinction list along with the Freestyle. No wonder Japan and Europe dominates the sedan market. the only reason Chrysler has the Crossfire is thanks to the SLK 320 and SLK320 Kompressor. The only reason they have the 300C is because of the Mercedes platforms. They shoehorn a 425hp 6.1L into it bcuz AMG has been putting some outrageous powerplants in the same chassis. Hell, they have a 360hp 5.5L V8 in the C55 AMG... Thats like having a 390hp Cobra engine in a Taurus.

Its all thanks to Mercedes. Now why cant Ford utilize Volvo and do something? or even ASTON MARTIN now that they are marketing a lower-price sports car.

Thats perty. Ford has become a manufacturer of cookie cutter automobiles. Other than the new mustang. None of Fords vehicles have any panache or uniqueness to them, they all look the same. Name one ford (once again excluding the stang) thats as attractive as a Chrysler Sebring! Ford is the American version of Toyota. Great Appliances with no personality

Ford needs to bring the Falcon over here from Australia... If they did that it would be the next car sitting in my garage.

Ok, for one, the 500 isn't supposed to be a sport sedan. It is replaceing the taraus. Second of all, ford has many unique vehicles. The lightining for instance, has 380hp and handles like a sports car. 2005 lightining prototype has 550hp and 500ftlbs torque. Then you have the Gt which uses the same 500hp 550 ftlbs torque motor. Then the mustang, but you guys already said that one. Then the new ford truck, which looks killer. To me ford has plenty of nice vehicles. The 500 also has the option of awd, which is kinda of neat form ford. I think they are doing a great job. Ohh and the superduties.....they have lots of power as well.

Wow, talking about cookie cutters vehicles. The sebring give new meaning to cookie cutter, to me it looks like a hemisphere on wheels. No shape at all. Just a blob that rolls.

J.D. did you get my PM?

I agree. Ford won't make a car faster than the dang stang. Falcon as is from down under would be fantastic. But would they screw it up like Pontiac did with GTO, Toyota look a like?

Its all thanks to Mercedes.
Except for the Viper, Prowler, SRT-10, SRT-4, PT turbo, and I'm pretty sure the Hemi engines in the 300's come from Chrysler. :rolleyes:

I like the Magnums also, especially black.

Kurt

Doug Franklin said:
J.D. did you get my PM?

I agree. Ford won't make a car faster than the dang stang. Falcon as is from down under would be fantastic. But would they screw it up like Pontiac did with GTO, Toyota look a like?

yeah same with GM, they wont make a car faster then the vette.

have you guys seen the new M5? 500hp V10, Manual 7 speed tranny, and a bunch of other cool features. they say that car will out acceralate and out handle the current C6 vette. thats pretty sad that BMW's 4-door family car is "better" the the corvette.

the american car companys better start doing somthing before the eruo/import cars start taking over

300c

There was a 300C with the standard Hemi in it at the dragstrip last time I went and it was running around a 14.6 et.

XR7 Dave said:
Ford sucks, and I LOVE that car. Never fear, 400HP is not hard to get with an SC and a lot cheaper than that car. :D
Is that slodge putting out 400 RWHP? I think not. If so, then I guess the rules that apply to SC's don't apply to Dodge? Tell me Dave, how quick would a 400 RWHP SC weighing in at 4100 lbs go? I have seen one of these at the track. Ran a 15.4 or something. 6.1 litre? Tell me Dave, what does the new Mustang with its 4.6 put out? At the wheels I mean. And you're going to tell me that Ford sucks? They are ahead of everybody else. You take the GT, the Stang GT, the Stang Cobra, the Lightning, the F series trucks, and the SVT Focus, and you have quite an impressive lineup. Which manufacturer can match it? If you want to include some future stars you can mention the Shelby Cobra, the probable Shelby Daytona, the Mach's, hopefully the 2006 Lightining, and the 06 Cobra. The only dept. Ford lacks in is the "family car class", even though the Explorers, Expeditions and Escapes do extremely well. Ford's new 427 is going to be a monster. Oh boy.

Last edited:
Darkside-

Don't forget that Shelby will be working on the SUV sector as well-next spring we'll see a 500hp V8 in a custom Explorer :eek:

The Lightning is not out of the lineup-just won't appear until 06 due to some design problems, thanks to the 550+hp powerplant-the Cobra reappears in 2007.

Last edited:
birdofprey said:
Ford needs to bring the Falcon over here from Australia... If they did that it would be the next car sitting in my garage.

It would be very sweet if Ford braught the entire line up from FRP. I saw a picture of Ford's inline 6 turbo in the Falcon that was near bone stock(I think it had a tune) and it was making nearly 1000HP!!! I have a pic of the motor on my home computer so when I get home I'll post it. Can you imagine, 1000HP with a factory 4 door? It would be amazing.

Shane

ps, last I heard the Lightning was gone. Deemed to expensive.

Darkside said:
Is that slodge putting out 400 RWHP? I think not. If so, then I guess the rules that apply to SC's don't apply to Dodge? Tell me Dave, how quick would a 400 RWHP SC weighing in at 4100 lbs go? I have seen one of these at the track. Ran a 15.4 or something. 6.1 litre? Tell me Dave, what does the new Mustang with its 4.6 put out?

Chris, put your partisan BS aside for a moment. All the cars you listed that Ford offers leave a couple things out. One - Utility. Some of us have families. I can't buy a lightning, can't take the family in it. Mustang? Could do that, but not on a long trip, no way. Image. Maybe if you are 27 a Mustang is the coolest thing, but come on some of us are looking for something more mature. I mean sure a Mustang's cool for picking up chicks and hot rodding around, but in a business type situation it just looks immature. Travel long distances in it? I'd rather not thanks. Cobra? Nothing wrong with that and it also makes about 400hp. Hmmm, take my business associates around in a cramped and noisy Cobra or slide on up in my 300C.

If you don't get my point, then there is nothing to say. Ford simply does not offer a classy sedan. I happen to be in the market for a classy sedan and the new 300C makes me drool...

300cs are badass there so good looking and if you sat in one ud splooge yourself there beautiful cars and the hemi is badasss :cool:

Heres the pic of the engine I was talking about:

Shane

Attachments

• red hot engine.jpg
    red hot engine.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 185
Back