Thread: B&m Ripper Shifter

B&m Ripper Shifter

I put a short throw on a mustang the other day and instantly fell in love with it. Are the B&M worth putting on a SuperCoupe???
    Whos got them???

Todd

I installed a Ripper shifter in my 95 5sp almost three years ago and absolutely love it. A must for all 5sp IMHO.

excellant, thats what i want to hear..anyone else???

todd

Thumbs up its definatly woth getting!!

i agree, i got mine about 6 months ago and its great!!!! well worth it.

I just got my tranny rebuilt over the last week. I dropped my car off at a friends house, and a few hours later i get a call and he says he has the tranny out and on the way to the tranny guy and he even told me a few problems he can see so far. said my factory shifter was all messed up and broken which may have cause the damage to the internals (my 2nd gear synchro) so of course the bill just kept getting higher as they found more problems but finally finished my car. Ended up with a B&M ripper and ive been getting used to it since i picked up the car 2 days ago. i gotta say.... wow... that thing is crazy but im lovin it.

Anyone know of a good place to purchase this shifter? I think I am going to get one.

try http://www.jegs.com $169.99

or http://www.summitracing.com summit has overnight shipping i know that

summit is gay......thats were i am getting mine and they advertise free shipping and overnite shipping...

I called ohio cuz its closer to me and the guy is like we have one left and its in Nevada so i was like ok fine.....then he is like the shifter is 169.95 and handling is $8.50 i was like ~~~ then he said its gonna be a week so i was like can i get it faster and hes like yeah you have to pay for it.....

Isnt shipping and handling the same damn thing????

Todd

shifter

So what does this shifter offer? Shorter throws?

I should have gotten one

I have one on my rustang, my friend has one on his SC, it is worth it. tighter feel, positive stops, no slop when it is in gear, (a beaten tranny you can go side to side like 1" when in gear) short throw.... may or may not like it. some people like a long throw but a tighter shifter. The svo has somthing like this a hurst shifter but not a short throw.
    another problem in the begining is trying to figure out what gear you are in.

shift handle

You have to use your stock shift handle????

Todd