Stripped a Bolt

Jeff

Hey guys,

Well, I'm trying to remove my engine from my car!!! The reason is i might junk the car!!! I can't seem to find rockers and floors for my car so i was thinking on trying to find a good body with no engine and tran and swap my engine and tran into that!!! That's not going to well either, hard to find a Sc with out any rust!!! IF ANYONE HAS SOMTHING LIKES THIS GIVE ME A RING PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm at the SC on the engine and i was pulling the bolts out when i Stripped one of the bolts!!! Now i can not get it off does anyone know of a way to tke it off??????

Thanks,

Jeff

Do you mean the top of the supercharger thats has the raised numbers on it? How did you strip it if you are taking it off? Are your tools you're using metric or imperial? are they 6 or 12 point sockets?

Email me, maybe I can help you out.

well if the bolt is stripped and is garbage and needs to be replaced,I've in the past MADE a smaller socket fit,or try a plumbers wrench(if theres room)and after I found out those Ideas didn't really work great I went to Sears and I bought a bolt extractor kit.I bought them all, definetly worth the money

If your only problem is the rocker panel, any competent body shop can get them and put them on for you. Really good ones can make them. B&B does good work - just ask Andrew W or Jim G.

Don't waste your time asking someone who is parting out an SC to cut them out of a parts car for you. Cars being parted out are generally rotted out.

Thanks guys,

I actually went to CT and found a little kit that pulls out stripped bolts. Ryan you were right it was the little screws on top of supercharger. I have now got the upper IC tube and got the coil pack off. I'm trying to get the alt off but having a hard time. I think the top of screw cam off but not the whole crew :eek:(!!!!! Also i got my IC off too :eek:)!!!

Steve, that was my 1st though (to get a body shop to make rocker) but there is no sence to pay 3,000 for them to do something like that when i can buy a whole SC. If that is my last choice then i will do that but only as a last resort.

BTW, I am doing plastic models ( yeah i know kinda kidish) how ever i am learning to use an airbrush once i get good with it...... Look for custom Airbrushing on my CAR :eek: :D :D :D

Ryan did you get my e-mail i sent you???

Thanks,

Jeff

Steve Richards said:
If your only problem is the rocker panel, any competent body shop can get them and put them on for you. Really good ones can make them. B&B does good work - just ask Andrew W or Jim G.

Don't waste your time asking someone who is parting out an SC to cut them out of a parts car for you. Cars being parted out are generally rotted out.

Thanks again,

But more one question. If a SC rocker panels different from the Lx's & Sports, meaning are the made stronger with more metal??

Thanks,

Jeff

Back