New Kid on the block

fturner

Hi folks,

Just dropped by to say hi and I'm glad I found this forum :).

I just bought a 1990 ThunderBird SC and if all goes well I'll be driving it this Monday. I'll probably end up asking a bunch of questions etc and looking for tips so please be patient ;).

Its pretty much stock except for a straight through resonator. It has been very well taken care of and for the short drive that I took it out on, it felt solid and no strange grunts, groans or whines. It has 177000 kms on it.

Looking forward to chatting here.......

Fraser

Welcome, Fraser!

It's a pretty friendly bunch here in general.

What are you looking to get out of the car? Any plans?

Cheers,

Sean

welcome aboard.. you will get alot of questions answered here i know i did and still do..where in Ontario are you?? you have any pics of your SC??

Welcome to the club! Like Sean and James said, there is a great bunch of knowledgeable SC owners on this forum. If you can't get your answer here...the question does not exsist! :D

Hi guys,

I don't really have any intentions of racing, but I'd like to increase its numbers a bit without doing massive mods to it. The first thing I'd like to do is go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure things are in good shape or if I'm going to run into some nasty gotchas with it, and get those sorted out before things become fatal so to speak.

Its got some minor problems, like the drivers seat motor for moving it back and forth is weak, and the wiper motor makes a racket (unless thats normal, as the wipers are moving fine). Also the diff is "wet" so the seal will need to be replaced, so it'll be a good time to change the fluid as well.

I'm going to drive it through the winter and then start looking at what my options are.

I'll have pictures early this week and I'll post them.

I live in Hagersville.... you know, the town of tire fires ;).

Frit

i know the town of tire fires well...lol.. we here in Brantford are gettin to be the same way with that one builing that keeps starting on fire where the tires are being kept illeagaly every few months...

EGGZ_90 _SC said:
i know the town of tire fires well...lol.. we here in Brantford are gettin to be the same way with that one builing that keeps starting on fire where the tires are being kept illeagaly every few months...

I heard about that..... if its not stopped soon, we just might loose our rep ;).... it actually put us on the map.

Andrew Wang said:
Welcome to the club, lots of good folks here.

where are all of these so called "good folks" in here..LOL just messin guys....ya thats right there are alot of good people on here but there are some bad apples like myself...lol.. we are everywhere..LOL ... hope you have fun with your new car.. if your ever in Brantford give me a call im usually at my shop on weekends where i keep my SC's.... 519-802-4344...

I also most bought a truck out in HAGERSVILLE once, I was like 19 at the time,,, way back then...

Good to see new faces. We're a good bunch.

Your diff "wettness" so no real concern, They have a tendancy to weap. The seat motor will most likely only need to be cleaned, and then oiled up a bit. The wiper should be relatively quite. They're lots of guys who have "parts cars" that would be able to sell you ANY part you need for your car.

Thanks guys......

Hope I get to meet some of you guys one of these days. Eggz, I'm in Brantford at least twice a month to visit my in laws, so next time I'll give you a ring.

Ryan, thanks for the info.... I have no idea when the last time the fluid was changed on it, so would it be worth my while to go ahead and replace the seal anyway? The previous owner bought a new seal but never had the time to put it in,

or just wait till the weather gets nicer ;).

Frit

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my SC..... So far its purring like a kitten :D

Attachments

• fritsc.jpg
    fritsc.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 134
Hey Fraser
Welcome to the club. I am one of the 4.6 guys that are like the bad kids they keep in the closet. As well, I am the least mechanically inclined of anyone, so dont be looking my way for any pearls of wisdom, because if I give them, I proabably stole them from someone else.
BTW, I spent a week in Hagersville one night..........LMAO
BE SAFE

Back