89-93

schwalbe

looking for a sc 5spd. motor need not to be running, i just want the tranny rearend ect. i want to rebuild one myself. I'd like it to be from North Dakota since that is where i live now cause my girlfriend (soon to be wife) goes to college.

schwalbe said:
I'm looking for a whole car, but it doesn't need a motor but i want a 5spd

I have a '93 5 spd in NY that i will sell. Car runs and drives well. Needs power steering hose (as it just blew out), also needs brake job (rotors and pads), and will need front struts. Car is black (needs paint due to fading/peeling) with a black interior (cloth/leather combo). No rust except surface where paint faded. Car has 160,000 miles, headgaskets done at 140,000 at Ford (have paperwork, cost $2000.00). Asking $2000.00 obo. Can e-mail pics.
E-mail RABLAB156@AOL.COM.
Thanks,
Randall

I have a 1989 SC with 5 speed. It has a lot of new items on it like suspension, brakes, power steering and ABS rebuilt. Car is not running and is disassembled and I was getting it ready to rebuild the motor, repaint and replace some of the interior. Just had some family issues and lost interest. All the parts are there with manuals……let me know. It’s a great project car. I am asking $1000.

$2,000 is a little much, i was kinda looking for a project car. Thank you for your time.

Greg, i was wondering where you are at. You said that the motor is out, but do you still have all the parts? i was also wondering if it had a sun roof. Any info that could help me would be appricated. Thanks for your time

Hate to sell her. She has been an excellent driver and I took the best care possible. Oil changes every 3K to 5K. Kept it clean and fixed things as they broke. I had the car since October of 1993, second owner with most documentation. Adult driven and I can say that because I am 40 years old now. I spun a bearing on number 6 cylinder and decided to rebuild it last fall. Since then, life changed. Hate to really sell her.

1989 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe, Titanium Exterior, Titanium/ Lite Gray Interior.
5 speed manual, all options except leather, fold down rear seat and moon roof.
182,344 miles
About 2000 miles on the following:
Eibach Springs lower 1.5 inches from Shox.com
Tokico shocks from Shox.com
MN12 Performance Polyurethane front suspension kit
New upper control arms
New lower ball joints
Polyurethane rear end links
Rebuilt master cylinder by Prior.
About 5000 miles on brake pads.
About 5000 miles on Bridgestone Potenza RE950, 245/50/R16.
Newly installed rebuilt power steering pump from Ford.
New wiper motor from Ford.
New window motors, aftermarket.
No cracked or broken glass.
Rebuilt radio and CD player, but the amp went out last spring.
New AC compressor and complete rebuild of system in fall of 2002. All hoses changed out except for return hose, rebuilt evaporator core and a few other new parts that I can’t remember.

Body is in fair condition with only a couple of external surface rust spots. Five rust holes that are under the body. It was hit prior to when I bought it on the drivers rear quarter. The quarter panel was replaced. Paint on it is in fair condition and some pealing of the clear coat. The interior is completely out except for the dash. The engine is out and disassembled. Everything is tagged and bagged for reinstallation. Transmission, driveshaft, gas tank and exhaust all out. I have the shop manuals, volume one and two.

Have to sell all or nothing. Not wanting to part out. Way too good of car to just part out. I'm looking for someone that really wants a project and put her back together.

First $1000 takes it. Not willing to negotiate since I feel it is a fair price for everything.

Car is located in St. Louis, Missouri, in the Ballwin area.

Please contact me by email me at gm6880@sbc.com .

Thanks
Greg

I was thinking of buying an 86 Mustang. But this i will have to see if my girlfrirend {soon to be wife} says i can get this. If i where to get it,it would be pretty hard for me to take off the time from work to get it until this summer. If that was a problem i am sure i could quit and get a new job. But i'm sure we could work something out. If you have aol, my sn is triebflugel.

Schwalbe, sorry but I don’t have AOL. I’m not really in any rush to sell the car but if the right person comes along that is looking for a good project car and wants to put her back together, then I would sell it. It has been a very good and dependable car and with a little work she has a ton of potential to be a great car. I do have some pics but they are huge and I have been having some issues sending them. Think about it and let me know.

From what it sounds like, you're a guy that can be trusted. I am very interested in this car, right now my girlfriend said that we can't afrod that much, but she said if we could make weekly payments she said then i could get it cause i have been bugging her. But the soonest time we could get the car would be spring, if not this summer. Just let me know the best way we could work something out. i'd really like to get this car.

Anthony.

IF there is anyway that i could see the pictures, that would help very much also. Then maybe the female might let me put more funds into it. if you have to e-mail it, then i will give you my e-mail address/

Tony,

I have some high def pics but the smallest one is 2 Meg. There are good to zoom in on the car and really look at the details of the body. Do you have an email box that can handle 2 to 4 meg files?

Let me know,
Greg

Sent a side view. It is a JPG format. I suggest to use Microsoft Photo Editor for best results, if you have it.

Let me know how it looks,
Greg

norsemanDAN

Schwalbe,

I have a complete 92 SC 5-spd that runs, but needs work. It has been modified to almost 400 HP. It has 9 X 17 rims with nearly new BFGoodrich G-Force KDW 275R40-17 (rear) and 255R45-17 (front). I will sell real cheap and deliver it to you. I have a two-page document and photos that I can send from my e-mail. If you are interested, please reply to my e-mail addresses:

dnorsworthy@satx.rr.com and gtma-dan@texas.net

Thanks,
Don

my girlfriends computer is messed up. it wont let us check her e-mail or write out. So if you could post the pictures on here, that would help us out alot.

Don-
It all depends on what kind of work it needs, i'd have to see pictures of it ect. Thank you for your reply. If you could give more information about it, that would help out alot also.

Tony,

not sure what the scoop is on this attachment business. When I first try to attached my pics, they were 3M and the site said it was too large and needed to be 2M or less. I've reduced my photos from 3M to 500K, plus or minus and it know is saying that they can only be 400K or less. So I zipped them and now it is saying that they can only be 200K or less. WTF. Can't win for lossing. Give me some time and I'll figure this out.......

See if this works. I had to cut the pictures up into smaller pieces.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back