View Poll Results: SC vconcidered an SVT or NO?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i think it should have been an SVT

57 26.89%
  • NO its better as just a SC

155 73.11%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SC considered An SVT or no?

SC considered An SVT or no?

i want to see if any one out there considers their SC a part of the SVT line up.

If it doesn't say SVT, it's not an SVT.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeeDemonSC
    i want to see if any one out there conciders their SC a part of the SVT line up.

Well 1st off, ^^ Agreed... and 2nd... Even if we were to become part of the SVT groupe, it didnt start until 94 with the Cobras... so most of us would not get to be it anyways...

We are not SVT... we ARE SC!!!

I like the fact that we are not so we can maintain a "higher" level of sophistication. Just like the Hooters slogan...Delightfully Sophisticated but unrefined...or something like that.

Plus if we were a SVT car our website would never work.

Actually technically the 93 Cobra was the first SVT along with the 93 Lightning.

It could have been possible to see an SVT badge adore our cars later in life. Formed in 1991, SVT really is SVE-Special Vehicle Engineering and Team Mustang, while SVTeam was the marketing tool/training compilation used by Ford, thus the badging. The first production Cobra they put out was, of course, in 1993 to battle the new F-body GMs. The Lightning was the first of it's breed, probably foreseen and built because as the truck market was gaining momentum and the "niche" few would buy the ones they'd produce.

If our SC's would have been influenced by SVE, then they would have been tweeked further. Although, they'd have all been 5-speeds!!!

Jim

Well i'm sure everyone's heard of the svt thunderbird concept, but anyways, that would have been bad *** had it been produced.

its the same idea as SVT kinda, but not really. however, if anything wouldn't it be SVO? special vehicles operations i believe? dunno, SVT is a great company which does great things, wish we were part of it however we're not. no prob, SC brings just as much respect as SVT dont forget it

I voted for the SVT classification for two reasons. First, I think these cars would have received alot more respect, and secondly, I think the aftermarket would have responded more to the car had it been a SVT product. I guess another benefit would be resale value, but that's not that important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    I voted for the SVT classification for two reasons. First, I think these cars would have received alot more respect, and secondly, I think the aftermarket would have responded more to the car had it been a SVT product. I guess another benefit would be resale value, but that's not that important to me.
    just cause it has SVT, doesn't mean the aftermarket will do anything for it. Look at the Contour. There ain't hardly **** out there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ben04
    its the same idea as SVT kinda, but not really. however, if anything wouldn't it be SVO? special vehicles operations i believe? dunno, SVT is a great company which does great things, wish we were part of it however we're not. no prob, SC brings just as much respect as SVT dont forget it
    i think svo disbanded in the late 80s, SVT came along in 93

To be honest i like them all. But i do think sc is beter.

SVT's may be special, but SC's are super!

Damien

svt

I think we would have lost that sleeper name if instead of THUNDERBIRD SC across the rear bumper, it said THUNDERBIRD SVT. With enough money we can make our "old" cars run very quickly how it is. Does anyone know what was going to be different engine-wise with the svt concept t-bird?

Quote Originally Posted by mywhite89 View Post
    I think we would have lost that sleeper name if instead of THUNDERBIRD SC across the rear bumper, it said THUNDERBIRD SVT. With enough money we can make our "old" cars run very quickly how it is. Does anyone know what was going to be different engine-wise with the svt concept t-bird?
    4.6 DOHC w/M90 instead of M112 in a 97 body.