SC considered An SVT or no?

SC vconcidered an SVT or NO?

• Total voters
Well 1st off, ^^ Agreed... and 2nd... Even if we were to become part of the SVT groupe, it didnt start until 94 with the Cobras... so most of us would not get to be it anyways...

We are not SVT... we ARE SC!!!

I like the fact that we are not so we can maintain a "higher" level of sophistication. Just like the Hooters slogan...Delightfully Sophisticated but unrefined...or something like that.

Plus if we were a SVT car our website would never work.

It could have been possible to see an SVT badge adore our cars later in life. Formed in 1991, SVT really is SVE-Special Vehicle Engineering and Team Mustang, while SVTeam was the marketing tool/training compilation used by Ford, thus the badging. The first production Cobra they put out was, of course, in 1993 to battle the new F-body GMs. The Lightning was the first of it's breed, probably foreseen and built because as the truck market was gaining momentum and the "niche" few would buy the ones they'd produce.

If our SC's would have been influenced by SVE, then they would have been tweeked further. Although, they'd have all been 5-speeds!!!

Jim

Well i'm sure everyone's heard of the svt thunderbird concept, but anyways, that would have been bad *** had it been produced.

its the same idea as SVT kinda, but not really. however, if anything wouldn't it be SVO? special vehicles operations i believe? dunno, SVT is a great company which does great things, wish we were part of it however we're not. no prob, SC brings just as much respect as SVT :cool: dont forget it

I voted for the SVT classification for two reasons. First, I think these cars would have received alot more respect, and secondly, I think the aftermarket would have responded more to the car had it been a SVT product. I guess another benefit would be resale value, but that's not that important to me.

Darkside said:
I voted for the SVT classification for two reasons. First, I think these cars would have received alot more respect, and secondly, I think the aftermarket would have responded more to the car had it been a SVT product. I guess another benefit would be resale value, but that's not that important to me.

just cause it has SVT, doesn't mean the aftermarket will do anything for it. Look at the Contour. There ain't hardly **** out there for it.

ben04 said:
its the same idea as SVT kinda, but not really. however, if anything wouldn't it be SVO? special vehicles operations i believe? dunno, SVT is a great company which does great things, wish we were part of it however we're not. no prob, SC brings just as much respect as SVT :cool: dont forget it
i think svo disbanded in the late 80s, SVT came along in 93

svt

I think we would have lost that sleeper name if instead of THUNDERBIRD SC across the rear bumper, it said THUNDERBIRD SVT. With enough money we can make our "old" cars run very quickly how it is. Does anyone know what was going to be different engine-wise with the svt concept t-bird?

I think we would have lost that sleeper name if instead of THUNDERBIRD SC across the rear bumper, it said THUNDERBIRD SVT. With enough money we can make our "old" cars run very quickly how it is. Does anyone know what was going to be different engine-wise with the svt concept t-bird?

4.6 DOHC w/M90 instead of M112 in a 97 body.

like my little bro said.... its an ANCIENT SVT! and he wouldnt stop laughing for like a whole week...

aftermarket would of responded more if it had a HONDA logo u know how many body kits the bird would have came with a HONDA logo...

Last edited:
Are we SVTs? No. We're better.

Well, here is my take:

The Thunderbird SC is not an SVT, because an SVT prototype was developed and it was not a supercharged V6.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really qualify as an ancient SVT either, as that would be the highly exclusive club known as the holy-sanctum of the SVO.
(the other day I actually saw a legit SVO, that was crazy!)

Here is what we are:
We, unfortunately, are not a universal "go-fast" trim level. We are a seperate and exclusive trim level seperate from the rest of the model line. We are like the Grand Prix GTPs, 6000 STE AWDs, Taurus SHOs and 323 GTX's. We are faster than the rest of our dailydriven sistermodels, and mostly unknown by the public.

Thus, we as a community are vastly overlooked and unknown because we do not carry a family "speed" trim level name such as "SS", "GT", "Z(number)" or "SVT". We are like kind of weird trim levels like the Capri Turbo convertibles (I forget their trim name), 323 GTXs, early Mazdaspeed Miatas (90s), Celica All-Tracs, Previa S/C All-Tracs, MR2 Superchargers, Supercharged Frontiers/Xtrerras, Toyota X-Runner, Renault Espace F1 and other lesser known models that despite making a huge splash at launch and posession of amazing performance, eventually fade into obscurity.

FORTUNATELY, HOWEVER,
Now that the SC is gone, I am hearing the SC being mentioned in conversation and more people have a clue as to what it is, for example, see the "build your own supercharger kit" article in the last issue of import tuner, and they actually post some pretty interesting data regarding the M90.

The car is finally gaining some recognition and it is rather fortunate that we have the cars now. Look what happened with those piece of crap AE86 corollas. The drifting scene gets huge and suddenly a car that wasn't worth $1500 (with thousands of mods in it) five years ago can fetch upwards of FIVE GRAND. That's silly.

Anyways, that's my take.

No, we are not SVT.
But we are something special.

-Ghost

It could have been possible to see an SVT badge adore our cars later in life. Formed in 1991, SVT really is SVE-Special Vehicle Engineering and Team Mustang, while SVTeam was the marketing tool/training compilation used by Ford, thus the badging. The first production Cobra they put out was, of course, in 1993 to battle the new F-body GMs. The Lightning was the first of it's breed, probably foreseen and built because as the truck market was gaining momentum and the "niche" few would buy the ones they'd produce.

If our SC's would have been influenced by SVE, then they would have been tweeked further. Although, they'd have all been 5-speeds!!!

Jim

So Lightnings, Cobra's, and Foci aren't SVT's?

So Lightnings, Cobra's, and Foci aren't SVT's?

IMO automatic svts shouldn't be permitted to have the badge. They should be sold as like "LX" or some other BS name, because they sure as hell do not deserve the badge if they are not driving a manual transmission, or at worst a dual-mode paddle-shift setup.

I've said it before and I've said it again:
AUTOMATICS HAVE NO PLACE IN PERFORMANCE CARS.

I'm sure that'll get some argument but that's not the point.
And don't even try to argue that paddleshift nonsense, the FAST paddleshift 'semi-automatics' are electronically actuated manual transmissions.

Yes, they (automatic cobras, focus, and lightnings) are technically SVT, an automatic miata is still a miata, and an automatic corvette is still a vette-- technically. but they're still slower and have less brake horsepower (bhp or whp, whatever)
oh. I also forgot to mention automatics weigh more.

but that's not the question,
is the Thunderbird SC an SVT? Short answer: No.

Is the XR7 Supercharged an SVT? Definitely not. (no mercury or lincoln has been SVT thus far, correct? the marauder did not have an SVT badge so far as I know)

-Ghost

Last edited:
IMO automatic svts shouldn't be permitted to have the badge. They should be sold as like "LX" or some other BS name, because they sure as hell do not deserve the badge if they are not driving a manual transmission.

I've said it before and I've said it again:
AUTOMATICS HAVE NO PLACE IN PERFORMANCE CARS.

Yes, they (automatic cobras, focus, and lightnings) are technically SVT, an automatic miata is still a miata, and an automatic corvette is still a vette. but they're still slower and have less brake horsepower (bhp or whp, whatever)

-Ghost

Urg, not even worth the effort to convince you otherwise. Please sell your MN12 and get your performance Civic. Thanks

Back