Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

Hybrid View

Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

You made a good move! Best of luck if you just bought an SC, or Cougar XR-7!! Great cars.....I absolutely LOVE my Super Coupe! I had a 1985 Turbo Coupe back in 1986, it was a great car, and it started my Thunderbird love affair! They can be money pits if you choose to "do all the mods" but the satisfaction I get from my 90 is well worth the occaisional headache! Good luck all!
    -Jeff

Thanks for the welcome i just got my 90 XR-7 for free its got 114k on it but still runs strong i blew the doors off a SuperCoupe here in my town...its all stock and it actually looks like crap its got a black fender and the other ones smashed so its really a sleeper...im gettin the body work done in the next weeks to come then ill need a tranny(mine is slipping a little) it only had 3 Cougar rims on it when i got it and one spare which i couldnt have so i grabbed a pair of SuperCoupe rims for 100 bux so all in all thats and gas money is all i have spent on this beast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cougar
    Thanks for the welcome i just got my 90 XR-7 for free its got 114k on it but still runs strong i blew the doors off a SuperCoupe here in my town...its all stock and it actually looks like crap its got a black fender and the other ones smashed so its really a sleeper...im gettin the body work done in the next weeks to come then ill need a tranny(mine is slipping a little) it only had 3 Cougar rims on it when i got it and one spare which i couldnt have so i grabbed a pair of SuperCoupe rims for 100 bux so all in all thats and gas money is all i have spent on this beast
    i like your coupe i just got once myself for 1,800 its white all stock and runs good but the tranny slips a bit should i service it or just rebuild it?

My 1st. SC

Hello, and thanks for the welcome. Just got my 1st. And I think it's a keeper... 92 auto, White, blue interior 70000 miles, pristine, not even a ding in her. Was traded by my bosses wife, who never had a problem with it until the head gasket went. He traded on a new 2003 "T". New hg's, sensors & brake job. Dealer had it as his driver and entered it in a local car show, took 2nd. place stock classic 87-95. This is my 5th T-bird, have had 4 1988 Turbo coupes and loved them!!! Thought I had a passenger side reflector out, (the expensive one) but it was just loose at the connector. So thanks for the site, am sure i'll get alot of info here.

Sounds like a good deal to me! You'll have to post some pics when you get done!! I'm surprised the SC didn't al least give you a runm maybe it had some problems, or a whimpy driver!! LOL

Best of luck with your XR-7,
    -Jeff

PS-I got 120k on my 90 SC, and it STILL runs great!

Get to a Meet!

If your new to the SC community Get to a meet.
    You'll enjoy the activties while meeting others and learning about the car first hand. A guaranteed satisfaction as you can see and experience what can be done with your car if you want to understands mods or just want to learn the basics of maintainence. Theres always an abundance of information available that will leave you in anticipation of the next event.
    Todd J

Smile Oove your hood

Love your hood man, just got an 1990 SC. Fast car, i was just wondering if u no where to get clear corner lenses and where u got your headlights cuz they kick ~~~. I also wanna know wut ur hood is called so i can look into getting one myself. Thanx, lata
    -Chris

The hood is availabe from Cervini...Its a direct replacement...Very easy to change out. Its the best fitting hood on the market for an SC. Check it out here...http://www.cervinis.com/
    & here http://www.cervinis.com/shop.html

The headlight covers are available through Summit or Jegs

Last edited by SCgraphics guy; 11-08-2002 at 06:11 AM.

Black Lights

Hey guys,

Just wondering where I can get black headlights, or what I can do to give them that blacked out look. My bird is black, and I think it'd look pretty sick with black covers or something, and super whites behind them. Also, what do you think a black SC would look like with the 35th Anniv. rims on it? Thanks.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by 1990_NW_SCKid View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering where I can get black headlights, or what I can do to give them that blacked out look. My bird is black, and I think it'd look pretty sick with black covers or something, and super whites behind them. Also, what do you think a black SC would look like with the 35th Anniv. rims on it? Thanks.

Kyle
    Thanks for sharing. it's great

Just got one for free from my boss- its got over 200k on it (w/origional clutch!) got it running- now i need motor mounts, ball joints, sway links that ive found so far. Its a fun car to drive, I hope i dont get into too much trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 90t-birdsc View Post
    Just got one for free from my boss- its got over 200k on it (w/origional clutch!) got it running- now i need motor mounts, ball joints, sway links that ive found so far. Its a fun car to drive, I hope i dont get into too much trouble with it.
    For the front end parts, here's a listing of the parts from RockAuto, almost all Moog:

http://www.philent.biz/Complete_Fron...990_Cougar.PDF

If you're doing the lower ball joints, do the strut rod bushings at the same time (they're a LOT easier to get to with the LCA out!). Front bushings - ONLY FORD. Repeat, ONLY FORD. Do NOT try after market - NONE of them last!

Luckily, if your ferrules are in good shape, the bushings are only about $40 plus tax from Ford.

You'll want:

E9SZ3B271A front bushing at frame
    F7SZ3A225AA rear bushing at frame

I paid $41.92 including 9% tax for two each at the local dealership, but had to scavage ferrules out of the wrecking yard (mine were mushroomed and no good due to someone previously overtightening the nuts to keep the front end from clunking ... )

Check here, there's usually a current RockAuto discount code good for 5%, which can help offset shipping charges.

DO check against the local prices - sometimes, you can buy locally for more for the part, but less once you figure shipping (not often, however!)

For almost everything else but the strut-rod-to-frame bushings, Ford or Moog/TRW. The hubs with the bearings? National or Timken (since I can't find Ford except at the dealership, and the bearings are either National or Timken in them anyway ... )

RwP

Thanks for the info.. the prices arent too bad either

Really like the hood on the red Super Coupe, may want to do that to my new ride, mentioned in earlier post; a 91 Red SC, 5 spd.
    Will take delivery this week.

All original, well maintained, 120K miles, runs great.

I want to hook up with some other SC fans in the Florida area or at least the Southeast. I was just at Turkey Rod Run Thanksgiving, had no clue I would be finding this 91 SC even though I've been watching the car for 11 years. Fellow worker at Siemens in Orlando.

Anyway, he bought new car, put his 91 SC up for sale; I'm the lucky new owner.

hoods

i created this hood my self ,,,,couldnt afford to buy one although its just a lx it looks real good an runs strong,,,