Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

Another SC new guy

Also recently bought an SC; 1990 5 speed, titanium w/black, 145,000 miles. Runs great but- soon to get engine mounts, PS leaks repaired, tires at some point. Driver type vehicle, very stock, will update exhaust when needed. Thanks to all for tech info and enthusiam, would not have found this car without it!

Super Coupes are absolutly one of the best cars you can get especialy during there time, i love my sc! :)

Ford Finatic, SC Newbie!

Well, I just got my first one and Im as excited as gettin laid for the first time. Its a 93SC 5-speed,120k, white, blue interior(blah!) Has a blown HG but thats only details considering I only paid $500 for the car. I cant wait to get it running right.....just me and my SC.

Super Cougar said:
Thanks for the welcome i just got my 90 XR-7 for free its got 114k on it but still runs strong i blew the doors off a SuperCoupe here in my town...its all stock and it actually looks like crap its got a black fender and the other ones smashed so its really a sleeper...im gettin the body work done in the next weeks to come then ill need a tranny(mine is slipping a little) it only had 3 Cougar rims on it when i got it and one spare which i couldnt have so i grabbed a pair of SuperCoupe rims for 100 bux so all in all thats and gas money is all i have spent on this beast

i like your coupe i just got once myself for 1,800 its white all stock and runs good but the tranny slips a bit should i service it or just rebuild it?

My 1st. SC

Hello, and thanks for the welcome. Just got my 1st. And I think it's a keeper... 92 auto, White, blue interior 70000 miles, pristine, not even a ding in her. Was traded by my bosses wife, who never had a problem with it until the head gasket went. He traded on a new 2003 "T". New hg's, sensors & brake job. Dealer had it as his driver and entered it in a local car show, took 2nd. place stock classic 87-95. This is my 5th T-bird, have had 4 1988 Turbo coupes and loved them!!! Thought I had a passenger side reflector out, (the expensive one) but it was just loose at the connector. So thanks for the site, am sure i'll get alot of info here.

Hey! Thankyou for the welcome. I am a new owner of a 1992 SC and I love it to death. She was sold to me by someone who I thought I could trust, but I was prooved wrong. The car had gone through 2 previous owners who didnt take care of her and I am determined to make her all better. I have already put $4000 into repairs and I paid $2000 for her. (big drama cuz im poor) It would be too long of a list for me to say exactly what I fixed up. Anyway... I love the way she handles and I love her speed I just dont want her to die on me. If anyone knows any mechanics in the Atlanta area that specialize in SCs, please let me know. :eek:

just got my dream sc 90 red black leather 73638 origanal on 2 25 05 love it .problem with headlights blinking out but thanks to this outstanding website and the knowlege of youall i'm sure it will be taken care of in short order .whatreally conserns me is the buzz about blowing head gaskets not to good with cars but i'm not a racer i'm a DRIVER :cool:

new owner :)

Hi everyone.
Last week I test-drove this 91 black SC, and feel in love with it. During the test drive the owner said I couldn’t buy the car right away because he lost the title. The car drove great, no sounds, and the AC even worked.
One week later he called and said I have the title. Well I went running and bought the car for $500.00 body is mint! The cover over the dashboard needs to be replaced, and have to update the alarm.
Now the but, when I drove it home with out plates, it was making a ting sound from under it? Also when I was driving at 5mph the car stopped not the engine but the transmission. I put it in neutral raced the engine and put it in drive and off it went? Could it be that the car sat for 3 months before I test-drove it?
A very happy sc owner
Roy
:D

thanks for the welcome

SuperCoupe said:
You made a good move! Best of luck if you just bought an SC, or Cougar XR-7!! Great cars.....I absolutely LOVE my Super Coupe! I had a 1985 Turbo Coupe back in 1986, it was a great car, and it started my Thunderbird love affair! They can be money pits if you choose to "do all the mods" but the satisfaction I get from my 90 is well worth the occaisional headache! Good luck all!
-Jeff
hey thanks for the welcome , I have recenty purchased a 1990 sc . I had problems right away . two days after I got it the tranny blew all the seals and the overdrive servo. But it's all rebuilt now and working great. I have to admit the car grew on me real fast and I am hooked. I got a real good deal on this car. It was in a freinds brothers garage for years. It has only 66 thousand miles on it and is nearly perfect. I picked it up for $1,700.00 and after the new tranny I'm in it about $3,500.00

Hello everyone!

I just finished paying off 2,000 USD for my SuperCoupe. My obcession with Thunderbirds started in general when my grandmother had an '85 302 NOS when I was a child. She would often enjoy leaving folks behind with her fifty shot. Yes, you read right. She was sixty-eight when she bought and modded it.

A few years ago, I found my first 'bird, and I found it to be the NA model... it was a complete lemon, but I didn't believe in giving up on it since my grandmother helped me to buy it. I replaced everything in it to stock. It's perfect now. Unfortunately, my grandmother died a couple years ago, but I felt I needed to keep the Thunderbirds coming and going!

So, I bought a 5-speed TurboCoupe a year later. Little did I realise how tasking the ABS system, relays, and motors would be, but I found ways to bypass the entire system, and it's run flawlessly ever since. I still didn't feel quite right with just the TurboCoupe, though.

It's a year later, and I just drove home my SuperCoupe tonight. It's a 1990 model, with a shift kit, cold-air induction, flowmasters, two-tone paint job, rebuilt tranny and every other money-pitt part that I had to replace in my NA has been replaced in the SC. It has 134,000 miles on it. Talk about a ride!

I'm happy to say I'm glad my obcession has given me a collection even my grandmother would enjoy; although if she were here, she'd say, "What are you doing wasting your money?!" But, I know she'd secretly enjoy them, too. :)

Glad to be here.

I bought a 1990 SuperCoupe this summer for $2200.
Its white and it is an auto.
I like the look of it, the feel, and the speed.

Known mods are....

Dual flowmaster catback
shift kit
transmission cooler
removed airsilencer
I also have a k&n cone filter which im putting in it.
Everything else apears pretty stock.

What are some other cheap and easy mods i could start off with?

I've always loved the SC, just the best car in my opinion. When I bought my first car I couldn't come up with enough cash for it so I settled for the regular T-bird.

Well, 7 years later I finally bought myself the toy I always wanted :)
A 1992 Supercoupe, standard tranny, only 75,000 miles on it. The guy that sold it to me kept it in perfect condition exterior and interior. NOTHING wrong with it.

I'm in love! I smoked 3 different mustangs over the weekend :cool:

hi there guys just bought mine off a dealership with 90,000 miles, it's a 93 auto, black with black leather interiors :D i totally love this car and im looking forward to spice it up a notch, already took the resonator off :cool:

Just got an '89

Hi All,

Pretty excited here. Just bought an '89 with 140k for $500 bucks. I work at a machine shop, and on the side I work for a head porting co. Out comes the motor for the winter. This site has been a tremendous help already!!! Thanks much. Pics to come, and hopefully some quick et's in the spring.

New SC

I just purchased my first 1990 Super coupe, for $500, with 90k showing!, Red with Ebony leather interior, I was looking for a set of Supercoupe wheels for my Black LX in the local paper. My SC was listed under parts (wrecking) When I phoned the guy to find out if the car still had its wheels, He told me that the SC was still complete but had a few minor dents down the side, with no parts sold of of it yet. I began wondering how bad could this Parts car SC be? Last summer I replaced the Head Gaskets and heater core on my Black LX, all by myself, A major problem with all these thunderbirds!. The guy told me he had recently had a mechanic do the heads and also had just rebuilt the tranny. So we set up an appointment for me to veiw the car, three very long days later I pulled up in front of his house with my black LX, The super coupe sat in the driveway, It was love at first sight, I bartered him down from his original asking price by telling him a few usual thunderbird stories, He had told me the car had been sitting for a few years, and needed some work, I told him that the people who buy these cars are few and far between, I told him that the car might have a bent frame because the panels didn't line up. after an hour of putting the car down. We made the deal. It now resides on my front lawn, the only problems I have discovered so far is a cut brake line near the master cylinder. and there was mold starting to grow in the interior, (I sprayed the whole interior with Amonia and the mold is gone). Wow what a score...

i bought mine 4 months ago ..its an 89 5sd.. im getting ready to makes an aftermarket intercooler for it and put on a 1inch supercharger top .. well the parts are comming to me in the mail then ill put it togethere..

i live in oregon .. just moved here .. i want to get my heads ported and get some longtub headers for it .. i want to port mt supercharger and get a 5% pully for it too

this is my sec one i drove my first one in to the ground and then i got rid of it and i have kicked my self in the ~~~ for doing it .. but now im back on track with this 89 ..

Newbe

I just bought a 89 SC with 23,000 original miles. Super nice car. Am looking forward to car shows around the Michigan area. Many Sc's in Michigan? Hope to learn alot about these cars. Plan on keeping mine stock for awhile, with the exception of better exhaust and a K&N filter. Look forward to talking with you guys. Take care

Monroe

I live in southeast Michigan, Monroe to be exact, go over to the events forum, we are trying to setup a little gathering at Milan Dragway, in Milan MI, sometime this spring.

Goodluck with the SC,

Mike

Milan

I live about 30 minutes from you just off of 75 in Trenton. I would be interested in going to Milan. Keep me posted.

Lon

Back