Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

Hey

Hey guys and thanks for having this site up! I love my 5 spd 91 black sc got her for $500..only thing wrong at the time was idle control vavle .:cool: got it fixed for like 200 bucks..anyway she a great car but needs alot of work..the abs has been out for months and i cant afford to replace that but the main problem now is a noise in the supercharger. i pulled the plug to check and it looks low like no oil but a little sludge on the bottom of the filler..my question is what type of fluid goes in there..it says synthetic supercharger fluid but im having hard time find it can i use something else??? ]
Thanks again,
monte

Loose'n my mind

Hey guys, i just bought a 95 SC, it's not here yet, but will be delivered to my door on Monday, July 3rd.... i'm losing my mind waiting on it. this is my first SC although i've driven a few...things just never worked out for me to get one until now. Here is a list of what i know of the car....the SC is ported and the plenum also...the resonator is out of the exhaust, it has a 2 in 1 out flowmaster, the air silencer was removed and now has a K&N cold air intake, the HG's were replaced also.... the car has 134k on it... is there anything specific that i should check on the car when i get it?

I Own the coolest car in my High School

Hi, My name is Andy and I am 17.. For my first real car(other than project cars that my dad would get bored with and make me sell before drivable) I bought a 1993 SC Automatic. I have had it for 2 days and have never been so thrilled to drive. A good friend of mine, who had a 91 SC 5-speed, recomended the car. I have plans to first rebuild the exhaust (which now is stock) and then after that I want to put in 4:10 rear-end gears. Basically I am looking to crush the egos of the "IMPORT TUNER" crowd at my local drag strip. What do I need to know???

Mark 8 parts.....

Good question Josh. I would be interested to know what other parts will bolt into a SC. I know of the driveshaft, I've heard the torque converter, what else could be scavenged?
Danny

cirvinis hood for a 95

i've had my 95 SC for a few months now and i was wondering where i could get a cirvini's ram air hood for a 94-95 bird. All i can find them for are 89-93's.

just bought myself a 1990 SC 5-speed. bought it sight unseen from a gentleman in richmond, b.c. my dad went and looked at the car and it has 84,000 org miles and is in great shape. looking forward to doing a few mods to it. got to do some research first to see which ones will be best. i live in northern b.c. and unfortunately will not be able to drive the car until next spring. i will get one last burn in it driving up here though in the next couple of weeks. looking forward to that.

I just bought a black 1993 SC 5-speed 173,000 miles on it. The owner said the p.o. just rebuilt the bottom end. So it has about 40,000 on the bottom end. I also got another 3.8L SC motor that has 80,000 on it complete with pcm. I got this smoking deal from my fathers friend for ready for this $500:eek:. the clear coat is bad but other than that its in very good shape. I'm excited to start driving it around and working on it.

Last edited:
i've had my 95 SC for a few months now and i was wondering where i could get a cirvini's ram air hood for a 94-95 bird. All i can find them for are 89-93's.

they dont sell the ram air hoods for the 94 95 but there is a way to modify it to fit theres one member here who has done it

if you go to www.supercoupeperformance.com they have a list of hoods that will bolt on instead if thats what your looking for

Well, I am going to be a new SC owner next week. 1994 SC 5 speed that my father has owned since new. I'll post some pics when I get it, but it is all stock 140k miles, looking forward to it, should be alot of fun.

I love the sc, wish I could find one locally in decent shape. I bought my mustang last year and figured I could do the swap without too much hassle, I'm fairly skilled and have access to alot of equipment (ie the navy base auto hobby shop). Everyone on here's been great so far, this is a great place for info thank you!

thanks for the welcome

I never knew this club existed. I bought a 90 sc with 130,000 on it. I've had an 86 3.8 that I converted to a carbureted 5.0 that I rebuilt completly in my driveway when I was 16. Also had an 87' TC but I never really took to her, not enough torque. Uncle had a 90 thunderbird stock car too, and plenty of parts cars between us. I gotta tell you the SC impressed me. Took off from about 5 mph and burned em' all the way to grabbing 2nd, burned that gear for about 3 or 4 seconds and backed off, deciding "shes good." Pulled her into the garage and started tearing her apart for head gaskets. Had a 3 angle valve job done, and am doing a bunch of routine things to get her back in good shape. Getting a 94 blower too. Cant wait to see what she'll have for me in about a week.

i am also looking to get a 90 sc but was wondering how much of a performance differance give me if i put a 94 95 s/c onto the engine, would i have any bolt-up issues, and would it cause more stress to the engine because i know the 89 to 93 engine had about 20hp less than the 94-95 engines. I was wondering if that was the actual engine or the s/c

the 20 hp difference was largely due to the upgraded supercharger with coated rotors and it's a direct swap to the earlier models, with the '94/95 inlet plenum connected to it of course.

Last edited:
This is my 2nd T-Bird...

Hello everyone!!! My name is Ron and this is my 1st Super Coupe. In 1992 I had a 1997 Turbo Coupe fully loaded. She was black on black and a very great lookin car. 8-2-2007 I got my fully loaded 1990 Red Super Coupe with black leather interior. It had 67,000 Miles with one non-smoking owner. She was garage stored and never seen a winter. I paid $4995 and drove 600 miles to pick it up. I plan on making this ride the baddest ride I have ever owned!!! Unfortunately I rear ended another car doing a panic stop 8-4-2007. Talk about being sad. It's getting fixed soon with an after market hood and clear corners.

Picked up my fully loaded '94 SC on 8-01-07. Black on Blue leather, tinted windows, 18x9 Bullits, Raised top, double intercooler, ported supercharger, bigger tb, etc etc.

Very clean car, with only 110,xxx miles on it. Paid 4,800.00

bought my 95 5 sp from a gentleman on here, for the grand sum of 3000.... bad egr... a few dings... but runs like a top!

Just Purchased 89 SC

Hi!
I have just purchased a Silver with dark Blue interior 1989 SC
This is my first Super coupe! I have had a 1989 T-bird coupe when they were new. (Couldn't afford the 'extra' 8K for the SC...)
A few years later we picked up a 1990 T-bird LX for my wife.
Both of those are long gone....
This SC, I know the previous owner and what has been done to the car. 160K and it runs strong! Just getting used to a 5-speed again.
So this makes the third flavor of T-bird in the 89-97 era that I have owned.
Need to fix a few things but mechanically it is in great shape!
Lance Sikorski

Back