Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

Hello everyone!

I just finished paying off 2,000 USD for my SuperCoupe. My obcession with Thunderbirds started in general when my grandmother had an '85 302 NOS when I was a child. She would often enjoy leaving folks behind with her fifty shot. Yes, you read right. She was sixty-eight when she bought and modded it.

A few years ago, I found my first 'bird, and I found it to be the NA model... it was a complete lemon, but I didn't believe in giving up on it since my grandmother helped me to buy it. I replaced everything in it to stock. It's perfect now. Unfortunately, my grandmother died a couple years ago, but I felt I needed to keep the Thunderbirds coming and going!

So, I bought a 5-speed TurboCoupe a year later. Little did I realise how tasking the ABS system, relays, and motors would be, but I found ways to bypass the entire system, and it's run flawlessly ever since. I still didn't feel quite right with just the TurboCoupe, though.

It's a year later, and I just drove home my SuperCoupe tonight. It's a 1990 model, with a shift kit, cold-air induction, flowmasters, two-tone paint job, rebuilt tranny and every other money-pitt part that I had to replace in my NA has been replaced in the SC. It has 134,000 miles on it. Talk about a ride!

I'm happy to say I'm glad my obcession has given me a collection even my grandmother would enjoy; although if she were here, she'd say, "What are you doing wasting your money?!" But, I know she'd secretly enjoy them, too.

Glad to be here.

I bought a 1990 SuperCoupe this summer for $2200.
    Its white and it is an auto.
    I like the look of it, the feel, and the speed.

Known mods are....

Dual flowmaster catback
    shift kit
    transmission cooler
    removed airsilencer
    I also have a k&n cone filter which im putting in it.
    Everything else apears pretty stock.

What are some other cheap and easy mods i could start off with?

I've always loved the SC, just the best car in my opinion. When I bought my first car I couldn't come up with enough cash for it so I settled for the regular T-bird.

Well, 7 years later I finally bought myself the toy I always wanted
    A 1992 Supercoupe, standard tranny, only 75,000 miles on it. The guy that sold it to me kept it in perfect condition exterior and interior. NOTHING wrong with it.

I'm in love! I smoked 3 different mustangs over the weekend

hi there guys just bought mine off a dealership with 90,000 miles, it's a 93 auto, black with black leather interiors i totally love this car and im looking forward to spice it up a notch, already took the resonator off

Just got an '89

Hi All,

Pretty excited here. Just bought an '89 with 140k for $500 bucks. I work at a machine shop, and on the side I work for a head porting co. Out comes the motor for the winter. This site has been a tremendous help already!!! Thanks much. Pics to come, and hopefully some quick et's in the spring.

New SC

I just purchased my first 1990 Super coupe, for $500, with 90k showing!, Red with Ebony leather interior, I was looking for a set of Supercoupe wheels for my Black LX in the local paper. My SC was listed under parts (wrecking) When I phoned the guy to find out if the car still had its wheels, He told me that the SC was still complete but had a few minor dents down the side, with no parts sold of of it yet. I began wondering how bad could this Parts car SC be? Last summer I replaced the Head Gaskets and heater core on my Black LX, all by myself, A major problem with all these thunderbirds!. The guy told me he had recently had a mechanic do the heads and also had just rebuilt the tranny. So we set up an appointment for me to veiw the car, three very long days later I pulled up in front of his house with my black LX, The super coupe sat in the driveway, It was love at first sight, I bartered him down from his original asking price by telling him a few usual thunderbird stories, He had told me the car had been sitting for a few years, and needed some work, I told him that the people who buy these cars are few and far between, I told him that the car might have a bent frame because the panels didn't line up. after an hour of putting the car down. We made the deal. It now resides on my front lawn, the only problems I have discovered so far is a cut brake line near the master cylinder. and there was mold starting to grow in the interior, (I sprayed the whole interior with Amonia and the mold is gone). Wow what a score...

i bought mine 4 months ago ..its an 89 5sd.. im getting ready to makes an aftermarket intercooler for it and put on a 1inch supercharger top .. well the parts are comming to me in the mail then ill put it togethere..

i live in oregon .. just moved here .. i want to get my heads ported and get some longtub headers for it .. i want to port mt supercharger and get a 5% pully for it too

this is my sec one i drove my first one in to the ground and then i got rid of it and i have kicked my self in the ~~~ for doing it .. but now im back on track with this 89 ..

Newbe

I just bought a 89 SC with 23,000 original miles. Super nice car. Am looking forward to car shows around the Michigan area. Many Sc's in Michigan? Hope to learn alot about these cars. Plan on keeping mine stock for awhile, with the exception of better exhaust and a K&N filter. Look forward to talking with you guys. Take care

Monroe

I live in southeast Michigan, Monroe to be exact, go over to the events forum, we are trying to setup a little gathering at Milan Dragway, in Milan MI, sometime this spring.

Goodluck with the SC,

Mike

Milan

I live about 30 minutes from you just off of 75 in Trenton. I would be interested in going to Milan. Keep me posted.

Lon

90 sc

Just got a 90 SC 35th. I need seats and some other little things. anyone know a good place to get them?

Hey

Hey guys and thanks for having this site up! I love my 5 spd 91 black sc got her for $500..only thing wrong at the time was idle control vavle . got it fixed for like 200 bucks..anyway she a great car but needs alot of work..the abs has been out for months and i cant afford to replace that but the main problem now is a noise in the supercharger. i pulled the plug to check and it looks low like no oil but a little sludge on the bottom of the filler..my question is what type of fluid goes in there..it says synthetic supercharger fluid but im having hard time find it can i use something else??? ]
    Thanks again,
    monte

Loose'n my mind

Hey guys, i just bought a 95 SC, it's not here yet, but will be delivered to my door on Monday, July 3rd.... i'm losing my mind waiting on it. this is my first SC although i've driven a few...things just never worked out for me to get one until now. Here is a list of what i know of the car....the SC is ported and the plenum also...the resonator is out of the exhaust, it has a 2 in 1 out flowmaster, the air silencer was removed and now has a K&N cold air intake, the HG's were replaced also.... the car has 134k on it... is there anything specific that i should check on the car when i get it?

I Own the coolest car in my High School

Hi, My name is Andy and I am 17.. For my first real car(other than project cars that my dad would get bored with and make me sell before drivable) I bought a 1993 SC Automatic. I have had it for 2 days and have never been so thrilled to drive. A good friend of mine, who had a 91 SC 5-speed, recomended the car. I have plans to first rebuild the exhaust (which now is stock) and then after that I want to put in 4:10 rear-end gears. Basically I am looking to crush the egos of the "IMPORT TUNER" crowd at my local drag strip. What do I need to know???

need seats

I seem to be to tall for my newly purchased SC. Will the seats out of a MarkVII? what other options are there?