Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

SuperCoupe

You made a good move! Best of luck if you just bought an SC, or Cougar XR-7!! Great cars.....I absolutely LOVE my Super Coupe! I had a 1985 Turbo Coupe back in 1986, it was a great car, and it started my Thunderbird love affair! They can be money pits if you choose to "do all the mods" but the satisfaction I get from my 90 is well worth the occaisional headache! Good luck all!
-Jeff

Thanks for the welcome i just got my 90 XR-7 for free its got 114k on it but still runs strong i blew the doors off a SuperCoupe here in my town...its all stock and it actually looks like crap its got a black fender and the other ones smashed so its really a sleeper...im gettin the body work done in the next weeks to come then ill need a tranny(mine is slipping a little) it only had 3 Cougar rims on it when i got it and one spare which i couldnt have so i grabbed a pair of SuperCoupe rims for 100 bux so all in all thats and gas money is all i have spent on this beast

Sounds like a good deal to me! You'll have to post some pics when you get done!! I'm surprised the SC didn't al least give you a runm maybe it had some problems, or a whimpy driver!! LOL

Best of luck with your XR-7,
-Jeff

PS-I got 120k on my 90 SC, and it STILL runs great!

Get to a Meet!

If your new to the SC community Get to a meet.
You'll enjoy the activties while meeting others and learning about the car first hand. A guaranteed satisfaction as you can see and experience what can be done with your car if you want to understands mods or just want to learn the basics of maintainence. Theres always an abundance of information available that will leave you in anticipation of the next event.
Todd J

Oove your hood

Love your hood man, just got an 1990 SC. Fast car, i was just wondering if u no where to get clear corner lenses and where u got your headlights cuz they kick ass. I also wanna know wut ur hood is called so i can look into getting one myself. Thanx, lata
-Chris

The hood is availabe from Cervini...Its a direct replacement...Very easy to change out. Its the best fitting hood on the market for an SC. Check it out here...http://www.cervinis.com/
& here http://www.cervinis.com/shop.html

The headlight covers are available through Summit or Jegs

92%20SC%20Michele%20Topeka%202001%20.jpg

Last edited:
Black Lights

Hey guys,

Just wondering where I can get black headlights, or what I can do to give them that blacked out look. My bird is black, and I think it'd look pretty sick with black covers or something, and super whites behind them. Also, what do you think a black SC would look like with the 35th Anniv. rims on it? Thanks.

Kyle

Really like the hood on the red Super Coupe, may want to do that to my new ride, mentioned in earlier post; a 91 Red SC, 5 spd.
Will take delivery this week.

All original, well maintained, 120K miles, runs great.

I want to hook up with some other SC fans in the Florida area or at least the Southeast. I was just at Turkey Rod Run Thanksgiving, had no clue I would be finding this 91 SC even though I've been watching the car for 11 years. Fellow worker at Siemens in Orlando.

Anyway, he bought new car, put his 91 SC up for sale; I'm the lucky new owner.

happy new 35th anniversary owner

i just purchased a 90 sc 35th anniversary thunderbird, im totally happy with this purchase. i got it from a co-worker for only 1k it has 170k on her but she still runs awsome ive got a little work to do but im a body man so it wont b bad...hehe. as soon as i get some picks i'll post them , thanks for the warm welcome to this club

As I said before, I am a tccoa 95 v8 owner and just got a 5 speed SC, I drove it today for the first time, God, I love this car and I only drive it 1 mile. Its so fun I cant wait till nicer weather. Great Site and I hope it can help me with any problems I may run into. Thanks in advance! Thats my 95 :)
202.jpg

Hey Camp89 i believe our SC's require a steady diet of Premium Gas. depending where you live is what octane grade they will offer.. 93 octane is good, but some states offer 91 octane as premium.. the reason for higher octane is because of the supercharger, if you put gas that is less than premium you'll get detonation and that will kill your engine, possibly even break the pistons.....

Thanks

Hi and thanks for the welcome!
I am a prode owner of a 1990 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe that's still (@ 263000kms) has lots of Super in her.
I am sure to be visting this web site alot so expect to be hearing from me in the future! What a great site man, very COOL!
Lots of ideas,now i need money
Iam hoping to paint her Burnt Autum Orange(factory Ford colour)soon. Org. colour is white w/Black leather of course!
And it would be great to have 300 RWHP or more EVEN SOONER!!!!
Thanks again Hope to hear from you fellow SC lovers and members of the ontario chapter.

Later

As the the proud new father of a 3800 lb. (Baby SC) Black w/ grey leather w/ automatic I can say that this website was very instumental in my finding the exact car that I wanted since the ad was in your clasified section. It was also very helpful in securing the research that I needed for information on this vehicle. Everyone was very forthcoming with helpful and insightful information about the MN12. Thanks to all of the guys that replied to and are still repling to my questions.

well i didnt just get my...

i have a 92 SC auto with black leather..
with only 52000 miles on the odometer
dual borlas dumped
and a 9 inch K&n cone

now audio is diff...

i have a Pioneer DEH - P6400 had unit (the one that plays lil movies)
i have 2 mtx 6000 series subs in a bandpass box
and a DHD power cruiser amp (800watts)
and all my mids have been re-done with Pioneers

outside i dont have much..

GTS headlight blackouts
a 96 SHO spoiler
and i have the THUNDERBIRD SC on the bumper filled...just to make people ask questions...

i plan on doing a lot more don't worry

Last edited:
I love my new car

I just bought a red '93 Thunderbird SC as MY first car, my last car was an '87 saab that my dad gave me. I bought my SC for $2,450 with 130,000 miles, my dad thought i was retarded for buying it because there's no room under the hood to do anything, but i love the car and i'ts now mine - he wants to drive it all the time though, i will never let him. For the audio system, i've put in a Rockford Fosgate 9300 CD/MP3 player, 2-12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 400 watt subs and a Rockford Fosgate 300S amp. I also put in some Eurolite Xenon crystal blue headlights and GTS headlight covers. I want to get together with some SC owners around the south-eastern MA and RI area, i live in South Attleboro MA. By the way, i love the Ram-Air hoods, are they functional?

Attachments

• t-bird_0001.jpg
    t-bird_0001.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 665
90 White SC with 65000 miles

Hey everyone,
I finally found a Super Coupe in my area that was in decent conduction. I really love this car. I previously had registered a 90 Tbird coupe. It always drove excellent but the new rid with the super charger is totally different and far superior.

The new ride came to me totally stock. There's two items that need fixing. The A/C is out and the subwoofer distorts, so I'm looking for advise from some experienced people on those two items.

Here's the car.. anybody know what it would retail for?
http://thewood.homeip.net/home/tbirdsc

wheel Hopping

Hello I have had a 90 35th anniversary with a 5 speed for about 2 weeks. Is there a way to stop wheel hopping or make not as bad? Any help is very appreciated.

The easiest solution is to put some good rubber on Find some 225/60/16 ZR...speed rated tires. Its what came on the cars from the factory. They will help but not elliminate wheel hop.
Many SC owners wore out the original tires and opted to put cheaper rubber on...not the best idea for performance type driving.
Also there are improved bushings for the suspension.
If nothing else check out the bushings/IRS and rear suspension for damage & replace with the better bushings

I just bought a 90 SC, 64k miles on it from the original owner. Any other SC owners in the Chicagoland area?

Back