Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Congratulations to ALL new SC owners!

Just bought 90 anniversary 5 speed,

I bought the car to possible parting out. Now l'm thinkIng to get it up and running for a daily driver. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can handle

There's a lot of smart and experienced people here in the SCCOA forums. This forum has kept my SC on the road for over four years now. If it's not a roach I say fix it instead of parting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbubba View Post
    I bought the car to possible parting out. Now l'm thinkIng to get it up and running for a daily driver. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can handle
    Post pix! 35th 5speeds are worth saving. Where did you buy the car from?
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!

90 ANNIVERSity 5 SPEED

I bought this car off craig list, wasn't looking for any thing special, maybe a part for my early bird. The SC always rose my interest, Other than that, Wasn't looking for one. This car was sitting in the driveway for sometime. I believe it was from NH. I liked the black wheels, Gave it a quick once over, everything works, Starts right up, I was told Head gaskets and head bolts replaced, (didn't know that was a weak point) Didn't know what the emblems on door panels were. Bought it , got it home, reseach the car, buck tag etc. It seems they only made less than 800 anniver. 5 speeds. Later this summer, get on a lift ans evaluate the car.

94 sc

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCoupe View Post
    You made a good move! Best of luck if you just bought an SC, or Cougar XR-7!! Great cars.....I absolutely LOVE my Super Coupe! I had a 1985 Turbo Coupe back in 1986, it was a great car, and it started my Thunderbird love affair! They can be money pits if you choose to "do all the mods" but the satisfaction I get from my 90 is well worth the occaisional headache! Good luck all!
    -Jeff
    Just bought a Teal SUPER CLEAN 1994 SC for the wife. Bad engine, auto. Engine at the machine shop waiting for Ross 8.5:1 forged pistons to arrive. Already have Scat 4.2 crank and 6.125 H beam Windsor rods. That's the easy part. Converting to 5 speed. (She wouldn't have it any other way) I have a Tremec 3650 that Halon Motorsports has figured out everything I need to make it work....Except the electrical part!!!! I do have a 94 5 speed ECU, clutch pedal installed. It has after market theft control that is a wiring nightmare! I have yet to find a wiring diagram that shows what goes where, what is needed and what is not. The transmission harness has a pig tail with a 8 prong plug that goes to..Engine compartment?....Don't know i didn't take it apart. The speed sensor wires, easy enough the 2 pin plug on the side of tranny check...but what is it for? , 6 pin plug to the neutral safety switch and what each pin are for. Once I get this sorted out it's all good lol. I'm sure someone has been there do that in the same situation as I find myself in. Thanks in advance for the help. Dave
    Did I mention SHE wouldn't have it any other way?

Congrats

Get rid of the keyless entry / alarm. It's likely an old crap unit that sounds like it was wired by a 15 year old. Is the two pin wire on the left side of the tail of the trans? If so it's for the speedometer. As for the 8 pin connector it sounds like it would have gone to the original 4R70W that came with the car. Good luck - you are fortunate to have a wife that "wouldn't have it any other way". My wife calls the SC an "old man car".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Ford-T...gAAOSwl7NazrdV

^ This is worth every penny ^ (I am not the seller)
    Last edited by potshotscott; 06-18-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: eBay link

UPDATED: Bucking See Last Post

nicely i didnt simply get my...

i've a 92 SC automobile with black leather-based..
    with most effective 52000 miles on the odometer
    twin borlas dumped
    and a nine inch okay&n cone

now audio is diff...

i've a Pioneer DEH - P6400 had unit (the only that plays lil films)
    i have 2 mtx 6000 collection subs in a bandpass box
    and a DHD strength cruiser amp (800watts)
    and all my mids were re-finished with Pioneers

outdoor i dont have a lot..

GTS headlight blackouts
    a 96 SHO spoiler
    and i have the THUNDERBIRD SC on the bumper crammed...just to make people ask questions...

i plan on doing a lot extra don't worry

https://uk.yahoo.com/?p=us&guccounter=1