New to the forum wanted to say Hello

89tbird

Hello,

my name is Richard, im 18 years old and live in Norolfk,VA ; i have own a 1989 Thunderbird LX for a few months now and i plan on hooking it up and this seems like a good place to ask for some info and to learn a few things.

good choice of ride

Hey this is Brett. I am also new to this site and also 18 years old. One difference though, I live a few thousand miles away (Southey, Saskatchewan, Canada). I'd like to say you have a pretty good ride. I noticed you said its and LX, but they are also good cars. I just redid the engine on my SC so if you have any ?'s in that dept, I can help where I can.

yea i just rebuilt my motor this past weekend (blew a headgasket) and choose to just do a once through on the motor to take take a few other little problems.

yea i really like the car, paid not a damn thing for it, got it from a friend of the family for free an put about 400 to 500 bucks into it to make it run right.
its a auto with a 3.8 V6 motor, soon i want to put a 3.8 supercharger on it. the body needs a lil body work but mainly just a new paint job.

89tbird said:
its a auto with a 3.8 V6 motor, soon i want to put a 3.8 supercharger on it. the body needs a lil body work but mainly just a new paint job.

I would suggest selling your car and using that money towards buying and sc. If you throw a supercharger on a n/a 3.8 you will defintely blow your motor. THe sc 3.8 has many differences from a n/a 3.8. different pistons,cam, lifters,crank etc...

89tbird said:
Hello,

my name is Richard, im 18 years old and live in Norolfk,VA ; i have own a 1989 Thunderbird LX for a few months now and i plan on hooking it up and this seems like a good place to ask for some info and to learn a few things.

If you're thinking about supercharging your thunderbird, i have all the stuff necessary to do it and i live in virginia beach, VA.

Ported blower, ported inlet plenum, manifold, fuel rails, pully system, etc. $650 pick up

My supercoupe died so i'm selling it as a kit for a N/A single port 3.8.

89importeater said:
I would suggest selling your car and using that money towards buying and sc. If you throw a supercharger on a n/a 3.8 you will defintely blow your motor. THe sc 3.8 has many differences from a n/a 3.8. different pistons,cam, lifters,crank etc...

That's not certain. He should definitely get exhaust though :)

There's several people on the mustang forums that have supercharged their single port 3.8's

Back