problems with my new SC

1991tbirdsc

well i just bought the car like 2 weeks ago and i am having trouble with it everytime the cars temp gets exactly in the middle it runs like crap i took the thermostat off just to see if it would run cooler and better but it just made it worse. also it when its just a idle it idles very rough sometime especially when the a/c is on. i timed it in the 1/4 when its running cold and it runs 15.5's at 93mph its an auto trans too. well let me add this my fan is running direct and the car has 55,554miles on it. if you have any suggestions or any ideas of what it could be i would really appreciate it.

My 93 was stumbling when it was up to temp. too. I changed the plugs and wires and it made a big difference. No more stumble!

As for removing the thermostat, that's in there for two reasons. It shuts down the water flow when it's cold so the water temp will build faster to allow the computer to come online faster. The other reason is, when the car is up to normal temp. it restrects the flow just enough to let the radiator cool the water before the water pump pumps it back into the block. If ou live in a warm climate, try running a 160 or 180 degree stat in you car. It should help! :)

Back