What got you into an SC or XR-7?

the-big-e

OK everybody.....What made you get into your SC or XR-7?

Back in 1990, I got to drive a rental LX while I was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. :cool:

I drove that car to Key West, then to Gainsville, and back to Ft. Lauderdale.

What a ride :D :D :D

When I got back home, I started to look at T-Birds. A friend of mine said that the SC was the way to go.

Also, I was starting my mid-life crisis. The cure was my 89 black SC!!!

I frequently take long road trips to the beaches in South Carolina and Florida.

The ride that this car delivers is fantastic!!!!

Once you get 4,000 lbs. rolling, it just wants to keep going.

1996 Lx

I used to have a 1963 Acadian/nova and when it was time to get rid of that I almost bought a very nice green 1996 LX. Didnt work out but that got me hooked on t-birds. The I was talking about it with my dad and he used to drive SCs as Demo's and said they were the way to go.

It took me over a year to finally find one that I liked enough and was the right price (bunch of trashed ones :mad: ). Got to drive it for a month and now its sitting there waiting for a rebuild :(

Back when i got my license in 99 i was looking for my first car. i knew i wanted something that was 2 doors, and wasn't a honda or saturn. after looking around for months i found my 96 LX. soon after while i was learning more about the birds i discovered the SC. from that day on i fell in love :) and just last year i bought my 93 SC.

My dad actually bought the car in 1993 to replace the 1987 Sable that my mom was driving. And when I turned 16 in 1999, my parents went looking for something to replace the 'Bird with until I was showing interest in it. I wanted it because it was a good car and I wouldn't get a POS like my sister got.

I got it in 1999 and haven't been able to get me out of it. I like them for the performance, handling, and ease of being able to drive them every day. I can go race with it on the weekend, but still get groceries and take friends during the week because I've still got a backseat. If something happened to my 'Bird where it was wrecked beyond reasonable repair, even for me - I'd for sure look for another one.

-Andy "Melon"

Re: ...

Well... back in 90-91 I was in a market for a new car. I needed a car that could support a serious competition sound system, It was between a "86-87" GN or the "89-91" SC. I have test drove both cars and in conclusion.. I bought a 91SC-5sp. It was more fun to drive and it has better lines. GN actually has a better interrior for sound , but I would have to change the speedo and the wheels right away. while the SC was pretty good as is. :)

I had a 91' T-Bird Sport, and I just loved the Thunderbirds, and I knew I would have to replace it with another. Long story short, I test drove a SC, and the rest was history!!! Do I need to say more? :cool:

skipping school

haha yea dont tell i was driving around till my parents went to work and i ventured into the middle of nowhere and i came upon this 89 thing, yea i knew it was a tbird cuz my friend has a 95 40th anny and i was like hmmm so i drove up and down a few times before i decided to stop and check it out, went in and the guy was like 500...my eyes popped out as i went and checked it out. got in it to find it was a stick i was like fucx ***** Dam i cant drive a stick so i called my friend and we "test drove" it came back next day in a race to beat other kids from my school to buy it and then i sold my intrepid and found my converted 94 lx which unfortunetely blew the headgasket so its sittin around till i get to it.

Haha, thats awesome... I learned how to drive in an 89 5spd and thats what got me there... now i own 2 of them...

jOe

somebody put a gun to my head and paid me $2000 to take care of their problem! Just kidding. I was in NY and my cousin had it in NM. I didn't know anything about SCs neither did he. he needed to sell it to pay it off so i sent him $1900 and flew down to get it.

My story....not the best.....haha....first when I saw my tbird I saw nothing special....(35th Anniv) Just a car in a used car lot...Thought hey, its a 1990 in good shape...i'll take it out for a spin...took it out AND I WAS HOOKED! AFter taking it out I finially realized the amazing styling of the SC, and I saw sooooo many oppertunities! Thats my story! and im stickin too it! :D

Jeff

LOVe at first site!

I was looking for a car at the age of 20, i wanted a 5.0 Mustang but i could not find one in my price range. I was looking in a auto trader and i came acrosssed a 89 xr7 the owner did not put that it was a Supercharged. I stop by the place and saw the Black cat sitting there , after a closer look at the car i thought to my self this cougar looks alot diffrent then others! The guy came out selling the car and i asked for a test drive. I quickly jumped in the car and found out that it was a 5spd too! i was Realy HAPPY now. As i was leaving the Gravel road he told to watch out , "She has alot of power" I was like yea right its a cougar not a fast car. (thinking it was a Front wheel drive) I left the lot in a Roaaar of Gravel and smoke! not knowing what was going on i was in shock in how much power it had then i looked down and saw the PSI hitting '11's ! OMG i was like this is Supercharged i never herd of this before and i bought it the same day. I sold the car 2 years later due to Joining the milltary , but this saturday i am buying my next 89' xr7 this time with only 60k on it~ and i cant wait to get home to drive it! (IN Iraq/QATAR) :)

wow man, interesting stories, i got hooked on the SC because my dad confiscated it from my brother, my brother is a jackass that doesnt take care of anything, so he took it away after my brother recieved a parking ticket and refused to pay and was garnished from my dads salary, he gave it to me, Well thanx to me, I fixed all the lil things that were wrong with this SC, my brother would run it on REGULAR 87 gasoline, i just pour in 91, which is the highest here in california, well anyways, I invested 500 dollars on the new transmission because the old one burnt out because of the BAD IAC valve, okay kool, somebody on this board sent me a IAC valve for free, thanx to them, well when i took my car to school, all of my friends were what, whats JONATHAN doing in a FORD, cuz im a GM kind of guy, and they said i was a idiot for getting a ford, but when i took my car into the school parking lot and popped the hood and did a huge burn out they were on my side now. Ive had this car for 2 years now and i dont mind putting all this money into it, damn the SC has style and **** u find on the BMWs and stuff, full LEATHER, well mines is half leather, cuz both seats are only at the cushions, i bought seat covers, what else, THE SC is bad ***, i wouldnt trade it for the world, unless it was a NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R and then id give up my house for that. But anyways, SCs are everything to me.

and that was the most i ever threw up and it changed my life forever

i got into them cause one of my friends bought one. his was red with a black leather interior, but it was an automatic. the first thing i loved about the car was the long sleek look it had. the thing just looked fast. id seen other tbirds around but never an sc and it had a totally different stance. he took me for a ride in it and i loved the way it rode. and when i took the wheel, man that supercharger kicking in sure felt good :D. after that, i bought my own, another automatic, and drove that for a while. since then i've bought my friend's sc off him and got rid of my 91 a/t for a 5spd and let me tell you, i cant wait to get my hands on that one. its in pieces waiting for a paint job right now. :p

One of my older sister's friends drove a Cougar XR7 when i was about 13, and i just fell in love with the body lines and luxury. So when i turned 16 (3 years ago), i was looking for a car and was interested in a 91 Slowmaro (thank god i didn't buy that). I know a guy who sells used cars, and i bought a 92 Base Thunderbird from him. I absolutely loved that car, and i always will, even though i sold it. I fell hard for the MN12s. This past summer, it was time for something new, and while researching parts when i was still modding my 92 base, i stumbled upon the beautiful and powerful SC. Needless to say, i set my heart on getting one. I first test drove a 93 5speed in May or something. Needless to say, i was left drooling all over myself. The car was sold before i could come up with money for it. So, SCbird1, being the nice guy he is, offered to sell me his babied 94 SC. When i test drove this car, i knew that i wasn't going to find anything i wanted more. He made me an offer i couldn't refuse, and about 3 days after my 19th birthday, i bought my new baby. If anything ever happens to this car, i will be buying another (preferably a 95 pearl white 5 speed). And i don't know if can ever leave the world of FORCED INDUCTION. The rest is history.

-Trey

My 17 year old son got me into SC’s. Helped him buy one then bought (Maybe took it) off his hands and now we have two. 89 daily driver and a 93 Friday night car. The longer I own these the more I love them, but then I’m getting old (47) and it doesn’t take much these days. :D :D

White 92 Sc

I Got My First Car In 2003 (i'm Only 19) And It Was A 1987 Ford Bronco. It Had A 3 1/2 Lift Kit With Flowmatsre Dule Exhaust No Cat Converters. But My True Love Was A White Thunderbird Sc But Never Could Afford One One Day Out Of The Blue My Dad Told Me To Call Our Me To Call Scott(the Guy That Works On Our Cars) He Told Me Your Car Neddeda Tune-up Thinking He Was Talking About The Bronco I Said W Just Paid $1000 To Get The Bronco Fixed And Tuned Up He Said No Your Car He Told Me To Go Outside And Look Behind Our Expedition And What I Saw Parked Was A 1992 White Thunderbird Sc 168.??? Miles And Nedded To Be Tuned-up And All That Good Stuff. So If Someone Tell's You Dreams Don't Come True I'm Here To Say They Do Or At Least Mine Did........

Gottahavit!!

A good friend of mine in South Carolina bought the car new, (91 manual shift), and about three years ago, I started bugging him to sell it because he wasn't hardly using it anymore. It just sat in a garage. So, last year he sold it to me. Ever since I drove it for the first time, I've been amazed at this vehicle. Truley, the closest car I can compare it to as far as how it acts and feels, is an XJS Jaguar, and that's a twelve cylinder. It's like a big cat. Heavy, stable, strong. Yet suprisingly agile. I've yet to find the cornering limits. I'm running high speed Michelins on it. I have the original window sticker for it. Had all the options, including leather. $26,000 and change. I have always been a Ford man, owned several Mustangs over the years, and I particularly like the way the SC is more civilized than a Mustang, but just as much fun to drive. I made the mistake of looking over at my wife after having just dropped a gear, and blown a camaro off, and saying "Honey.....this really IS better than sex. (took a while to get over that)

my dad got an 89 when they came out and he gave it to me when i could drive then i sold it for an integra and i bought another one(in my sig). wish i woulda kept the integra. :(

LostDreamer said:
I Got My First Car In 2003 (i'm Only 19) And It Was A 1987 Ford Bronco. It Had A 3 1/2 Lift Kit With Flowmatsre Dule Exhaust No Cat Converters. But My True Love Was A White Thunderbird Sc But Never Could Afford One One Day Out Of The Blue My Dad Told Me To Call Our Me To Call Scott(the Guy That Works On Our Cars) He Told Me Your Car Neddeda Tune-up Thinking He Was Talking About The Bronco I Said W Just Paid $1000 To Get The Bronco Fixed And Tuned Up He Said No Your Car He Told Me To Go Outside And Look Behind Our Expedition And What I Saw Parked Was A 1992 White Thunderbird Sc 168.??? Miles And Nedded To Be Tuned-up And All That Good Stuff. So If Someone Tell's You Dreams Don't Come True I'm Here To Say They Do Or At Least Mine Did........

yo lostdreamer, u stay in HAWTHORNE? were at? i live here in SOUTH CENTRAL by the 110 and 105 interchange, i drive around alot in hawthorne, especially hawthorne blvd, nice *** street to drag race at. Well anyways, hope to meet u one day.

Basically, my Mom was looking for a car, and she bought it with me... I basically convinced her it would be fairly economical... ;)

A year later, I bought it from her :D

Back