endlink question for a lowered car

Thomas95SC

I lowered my car with eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs. I noticed that ever since we lowered it, a rattling noise can be heard anytime i hit a bump in the road. It sounds like the endlinks b/c the same noise was coming from my 93 n/a bird when they were bad. I think I remember reading some where that you have to shorten them so they will be oriented right???? Can anyone help me out here?

sonicman1634 said:
I lowered my car with eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs. I noticed that ever since we lowered it, a rattling noise can be heard anytime i hit a bump in the road. It sounds like the endlinks b/c the same noise was coming from my 93 n/a bird when they were bad. I think I remember reading some where that you have to shorten them so they will be oriented right???? Can anyone help me out here?

I lowered my ride 11/2 as well. I bought a set of shorter endlinks from Bill at Supercoupe performace.

you need to buy shorter ones for your car if its lowered.. addco should help you out.. or talk to Victor at Spinningwheels-sc.com ...Alex L

So I guess the old ones are shot already. Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have to get the shorter ones.

I'm gonna shorten all of mine front and rear, piece of cake, then I'm gonna re-stake the pockets on the front ones.

Sonic...thought you said you had new fronts?

'bird

ps: ran an awesome 1/8 mile near the hacienda tonight.

Last edited:
tbird88 said:
I'm gonna shorten all of mine front and rear, piece of cake, then I'm gonna re-stake the pockets on the front ones.

Sonic...thought you said you had new fronts?

'bird

ps: ran an awesome 1/8 mile near the hacienda tonight.

The previous owner put new endlinks in so I didnt think about it till it started making that noise.

If you plan to keep the same size rear sway bar (not sure if yours was changed) you can simple drill out the link holes in the bar (like from 1/4" to 3/8") and get a set of shorter links from PepBoys, they carry a display of urethane links & bushes. However I've been looking for shorter bars for the front myself & I've never found any that fit the SC because of the ball/swivel joint arrangement. On the rears you can get away with straight link bars, although you have to be carefull when you install them (like put the car on ramps), otherwise if you do it with jack stands you'll probably bend the rods when you lower the car back down..

Back