Supercharged Cobra 2003 question!

I wonder if us Supercoupe lovers will be able to benifit from any of the parts from these new supercharged cars? Im fairly sure that we should be getting some good parts such as the intercooler, but will the supercharger be usable, or will the manifold likely be very different? Will they be able to use our smaller pulleys? I hope you all don't think that these are dumb questions, but i'm sure they will be affordable in a few years (not to mention the ones that will show up in junk yards as wrecks.)

dirtybird91

The blower on the new Cobra is the Lightning blower not the M-90. I think its the M-112. All the parts seem similar to the Lightning as far as the supercharger setup, goes air-to-water, not air-to-air like us. I think part cross-overs will be limited to few to none.

yeah i think the crossovers will be minimal. the cobra/lightning intercooler resides between the blower and the intake manifold, and yes it is indeed an M-112. wonder how hard it would be to shoehorn one of those cobra motors in our bays? i know the lightning motors are WAY too tall, but those cobra ones just might fit!
-matt

MKTSC, I was wondering the same thing. SVO had two 2003 Cobra's at Carlisile and as I stood there staring into the engine bay of one of them I was trying to picture that engine in the engine bay of an SC. I'd be sweet.

Last edited:
Jimmy 2Coupes

Jimmy I love your name "Jimmy 2Coupes". It sounds like we should be hangin out on Mulberry St. back in NY. Are you a Mafioso who drives a Black SC instead of a Lincoln? Love it man! Later

Last edited:
Back