Rear Tag Mod

Aminor_Accident

Just wandering @ the rear Ford trunk tag mine was missing when i bought the car i bought a piece of mirrored lexan plastic and was using a dremel to notchout a SC lettering in it then drill like 5 holes and mount neon green LEDS run the wires into the trunk seal the edges and whoolah i have a custon cool badge just wander if that sounds cool? im working on it when its finished i take some pics :)

Aminor_Accident said:
Just wandering @ the rear Ford trunk tag mine was missing when i bought the car i bought a piece of mirrored lexan plastic and was using a dremel to notchout a SC lettering in it then drill like 5 holes and mount neon green LEDS run the wires into the trunk seal the edges and whoolah i have a custon cool badge just wander if that sounds cool? im working on it when its finished i take some pics :)
Don't hafta show 'em to us if you don't want to but by all means, take pics of your progress as you go. Can't put it into words as to why but you'll be glad you did.
Need any help just holler, plenty willing to help here on the boards.

eager to see the final product,

'bird

Starting the Font design not sure which one to use just yet the one farthest to the right is a close in size as the orginal ford emblem the others just need to be brought down to fit now i didnt know what to use the Super Coupe or the Super Charged which would be cooler maybe some imput from the die hards on here :)

Aminor_Accident said:
Starting the Font design not sure which one to use just yet the one farthest to the right is a close in size as the orginal ford emblem the others just need to be brought down to fit now i didnt know what to use the Super Coupe or the Super Charged which would be cooler maybe some imput from the die hards on here :)
Just an FYI, the font for the lettering on our cars is very close to the "Beaumont" font. I used it for my t-shirts. Not sayin' that's what you should use, just lettin' ya know.

'bird

Or maybe these? I just made these with the fonts I had, hope I could help.

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 109
tbird could you send me that font in my email so i could use it and see what i can come up with for my logo and thanks to the other guys for the creativity :D

heres what i got so far now a little more dremeling and it should look better add some LEDS behind it hook it up to the wiring in the trunk and mount it ill snap pics when its finished

Attachments

• tag1.JPG
    tag1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 110
  • tag2.JPG
    tag2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 102
seems the dremel likes to eat my project up im on the 2nd one now LOL had to enlarge the letters a tad should have a finished one and pics posted this weekend stay tuned looks cool has a green neon glow on the outer edges with the letters glowing green to .....i did mistake 1 thing thats the body shape on the trunk lid so i hopefully have a remedy i was thinking of getting a toaster oven out there heating the emblem up take it out and shape it to the body of course using sumthing that wont harm the paint duct tape are whatever then use a high temp sealer behind it so no water gets in the trunk are in the the logo :)

ok almost done :) i love the way it glows green off the edges looks killer against the paint :D i guess if i have a theme its gonna be green and black so this is the start

Attachments

• greentag.JPG
    greentag.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 70
Back