1990 TBird SC - Loose crankshaft - Central Florida

Goodman

Ford Thunderbird SC
Automatic
Dark Blue/Tan interior
~150,000 miles
Melbourne, FL (east of Orlando)
Selling for best offer

Car is not running. Crapped out 2 days ago. The garage I had it towed to traced the problem down the a bad DIS module and crankshaft position sensor. When they went to install new ones, they found the crankshaft itself was loose, probably from the pulley in the front.

I have not the money or the knowledge to repair. Would make a good project car or parts car. Transmission was rebuilt about 2 years ago. Interior needs work, exterior needs work. Ran great before the crankshaft decided to dance. :(

Contact me for more information. I have no pictures right now, will have to go to garage to get them.

email: m.a.goodman@verizon.net
phone: 321 984-2429

Goodman said:
Ford Thunderbird SC
Automatic
Dark Blue/Tan interior
~150,000 miles
Melbourne, FL (east of Orlando)
Selling for best offer

Car is not running. Crapped out 2 days ago. The garage I had it towed to traced the problem down the a bad DIS module and crankshaft position sensor. When they went to install new ones, they found the crankshaft itself was loose, probably from the pulley in the front.

I have not the money or the knowledge to repair. Would make a good project car or parts car. Transmission was rebuilt about 2 years ago. Interior needs work, exterior needs work. Ran great before the crankshaft decided to dance. :(

Contact me for more information. I have no pictures right now, will have to go to garage to get them.

email: m.a.goodman@verizon.net
phone: 321 984-2429

I am interested in your car, I'll call you tomorrow for directions and I come over and take a look!

My friend got my pictures of the car up on some web space.

http://www.manshegrp.com/thunderbird/

Someone pointed out that the driver's side floor looks like it has water/flood damage. It's not. It's several years accumulated crap off my shoes from work. If you looked at it in person, it would probably be pretty apparent that's the case.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

M Goodman
321 984-2429

so all it needs to run is the crank damper harmonic balancer whatever u want to call it?
cuz if thats all it is im giving a car to charity and i might be able to accidently take it off

Well, it still needs a DIS module and crankshaft position sensor, and then whatever it takes to fix the crankshaft.

Besides, I can't actually fix it myself. I'm pretty much stuck selling it to someone as a parts car or a project car. The best offer I've gotten so far is $300.

how could the crank be loose? im sure its just the pully and i do have all 3 of those
why get rid of it its a couple bolts and u put in on look up on here how to change the crank damper

Back