Does anyone watch American Hot Rod!?

Yeah, I saw that. Why did they swap out the turbo?!
-No adjustable wastegate
-They didn't hotwire the fuel pump
-There was no chip/computer in sight
-No tuning

WTF? I liked the cars, but they really didn't know what they were doing with those. I don't know much either, but I know they missed the boat there. Even for being '85's they should've been faster.
I bet tb.com was LIVID over that. LOL!

About that show, on the history channel- two teams, five guys per team, winner takes both cars. How do five guys, from accross the country, share two cars?

Dylan

scbird94 said:
About that show, on the history channel- two teams, five guys per team, winner takes both cars. How do five guys, from accross the country, share two cars?

Dylan

There are only two people on each team to share the two cars. I think the one who makes the quickest run on the winning team gets to pick which car they want. The other guy gets the losing teams car.

I Had a personal experiance with a shop that should have been on T.V. I spent parts and labor so much money that it still gives me nightmares. They built my engine with to much compression. Cut the heads wrong so they had to be rewelded for the adjustable rockers. Put the dip stick tube in wrong. It hit the crank with the dip stick in. He thought it had a rod knock! Adjusted the rockers wrong. Wrecked the computer. Hooked the Windshield washers up to the intake. Smashed up my cervanni hood so bad it was beyond repair, and thats the short list. Funny part is this is a famous speed shop. Full machine shop, dyno every tool in the world you name it. They build engines for famous drag racers. This shop is in hot rod and all the other mags all the time. I finally got the car out of there and he called me and told me I still owed him $1500. After Dave got the car right I saw this clown at Union Grove when I ran 13.50. He was lucky. My brother who is bigger then me threw me to the ground and sat on me. I was going to adjust his head with a tire iron! Trust ONLY those you have a personal relationalship with. Tim

Back