Happy New Year To Me????

ThunderDave

Well, this sucks!!!! My schedule is 5 nights a week (Sun. - Thurs.) one week and 6 nights the next (Sun. - Fri.). I was off the Friday night before Christmas and then we were closed Christmas eve, so I was off that night. I was scheduled to be off New Years eve and my boss wants me to work so he can give somebody else the night off. WTF???? This is a big load of crap in my opinion.

The rest of the workers are Mexican and my boss told me he felt it was something he had to do or they would think he favored me more. It's not my fault if that is the way the schedule is set up. I can't help where the holidays fall.

The guy that has Wednesday nights off, last year was off the night before Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and New Years eve and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. Of course he mexican, but try to give the one white guy there a holiday off and all hell breaks loose.

I'm thinking about just telling him I can't work, refer to the situation last year and see what happens. There shouldn't be a race related incedent like this over a holiday, but it seems there is. My wife and I haven't had a New Years eve off together since 1999. 5 years, I think it's time for another one.

Is anybody else in line to get shafted on New Years eve??

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the guys I work with, but I feel like he should keep the set schedule and if he can't work it out to give this other guy off, that's too bad.

David

well i dont have to work new years eve mainly cause i put in my 2weeks 2weeks ago :D and aftre today i will no longer work where i work :D but that sucks i would just call in sick or something let ur boss deal with it and yeah i have tons of family where i work and i was the most disliked mainly cause i did not kiss anyone @$$ or suck some @#$% to get liked i hated it i get pad crap and the other members of my family get paid freakin good they get bonusees and car alowwence and 100 dollars paid on their gas card WTF why can t i get that oh yeha im a guy my boses are also guys and my family are girls :mad: but i got the hell out of their but back to your problem just take the day or night off anyways call in sick :D

Yeah, I'm gonna tell him I can't do it. If it weren't a holiday, I'd have no problem working so someone else could be off if they had something to do. But this is my scheduled day off, not a day I asked to be off. I'd be off if it weren't a holiday. So that being said, I'll be off whether they like it or not.

Lost dreamer, sounds like the place you work sucks out loud. Glad you are getting away from there. I too may be looking for a new place of employment after the first of the year. Maybe????

David

me to

Well at least you got christmas eve off, I got to work that night. I also get to be the closing manager at a pizza place new years eve, so that night i get to work from about 5 to 3ish, and of course everyone that is drunk and partying needs some pizza :)... so that night should be really fun for me..

NCredSC said:
Yeah, I'm gonna tell him I can't do it. If it weren't a holiday, I'd have no problem working so someone else could be off if they had something to do. But this is my scheduled day off, not a day I asked to be off. I'd be off if it weren't a holiday. So that being said, I'll be off whether they like it or not.

Lost dreamer, sounds like the place you work sucks out loud. Glad you are getting away from there. I too may be looking for a new place of employment after the first of the year. Maybe????

David

yeah it suck with a capital S. goo dluck if you do plan on looking for a new job

Yep, I work tomorrow through Sunday.. early morning (6am atleast) until whenever I get done. It sounds like tomorrow might be atleast 4, but Saturday won't be too bad. And Sunday will probably be cake. It's just a matter of getting that far.

I'm still planning to go out tomorrow night to my friend's place to party but don't plan to stay much past 12:30 so I can atleast get SOME sleep.

Good luck with getting the holiday off :D If so, have a drink for me.. I'm planning to drink, but not much because I don't feel like having a hangover at work all day.

-Andy "Melon"

I talked my boss into letting me be off on my day off, go figure. He said he'd work it out another way so the other guy could be off too.

Andy, I'll be sure to put one away for you. BTW, did you ever get that collar nut loose??? :confused: :eek:

Happy New Year all!!!!! ;)

David

Back