porting intake plenum.... how tos?

scbird94

I have a 94sc and i plan to do my exhaust pretty quick, and i would like a tb, maf and cai but i feel i need to port the plenum. Being i dont have the funds to buy the mp plenum (would love to) i was wondering if it is possible to do this mod myself or have a local machine shop do it? Are there specifications i can follow?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Dylan Roth
St. Cloud, MN

i wouldnt waste money on a maf and tb yet. I didnt notice a differce when i put mine on. I would get a pulley after the exhaust and intake

I was wondering that as well. I have the MP Inlet plenum, but was wondering about the return plenum that meets the intake manifold. Anyone have any good pics, instructions as to how they ported it? Would that do any good to be ported w/ stock IC tubes like I have? Or Wynn, do you offer this service ? :p Thanks Guys, Austin

Austin, porting the return plenum is pretty much useless as far as grinding the stock pieces. The problem is that the factory pieces are just way to damn small in volume and you cant grind enough to really help the flow.
The stock pieces have to be cut up and filler pieces welded in to make the plenum and intake manifold have more volume and flow more. The job is very labor intensive as well as you need the proper tools to do the job properly, if you're willing to do all of that you will be rewarded with a much fatter and stronger pulling powerband on up to redline and past.

ESM used to weld diffusers into thier return adapters to smoothly direct airflow as the stock peice really cant be easily modified...Or ya can buy one of those modified intake and return adapters floating around

HHHthegame said:
I was wondering that as well. I have the MP Inlet plenum, but was wondering about the return plenum that meets the intake manifold. Anyone have any good pics, instructions as to how they ported it? Would that do any good to be ported w/ stock IC tubes like I have? Or Wynn, do you offer this service ? :p Thanks Guys, Austin
scbird94, don't mean to hijack your thread but...

HHH...There's several very good fabricators out there but I appreciate you askin'. I've got a lower intake that I already cut the roof and diffuser out of, but it's destined for its own particular project. Got a few other intakes layin' around that I wouldn't mind butchering up though. I can enlarge a return adapter and the inlet of a lower intake, feel free to email with any requests. Had someone that seemed seriously interested a few weeks ago but guess they got cold feet.

'bird

Back