2005 SC/XR7 Shootout in Oklahoma Lets see some INTREST

OzzManG149

OK im trying to get some intrest going to have the 2005 SC/XR7 SHootout at ThunderValley Raceway in Noble Oklahoma. SO far I can say if this does happen here I believe we can have a really good turn out. the best MN12 Nationals to date was held here. From what I understand they had a really good turn out being it was central to alot of peaple. Things that I have ben trying to get together to submit are the folowing. I have talked to a performance shop in OKC about having a dyno tune compatition at his shop. He is very interested in seeing some of our fast SC on his dyno. He has enough room in his parking lot around his shop for 200 cars and said if we wanted to have a car show or a Barbque (party) or what ever is fine with him. he said he can dedicate the day to us and we dont have to worry about any other vehicles (out side of SCCOA) trying to get time on the dyno. I have talked to the owner of Thundervalley and he has said if we want to camp out over night there we are welcome to do so. We can party and do waht ever with out worring about the anyone hassling us. If we can show enough intrest in having it in Noble it could happen. we have a very good central location with alot of guys in Texas and other states to the east and west. SO if we would like to see the SC/XR7 shootout in our region lets hear your thoughts and get this going.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:
I would like to see the shootout held in this area as well. I'll second the notion for an Oklahoma Shootout.

Thanks for the post BlckOnBlckBrd. Hopefully well see some more intreat from some local peaple. Texas, OKlahoma, Kansas, Arkansas.

I agree that the 2005 shootout should be held here!

Just makes more since to me, would make going to the shootout more desireable for alot of people(surrounding states) that might not be able to go if it is somewhere else. Who knows might turn out to be the largest meet yet, provided we can get people interested!

Last edited:
Of course I'd love to see it at Thunder Valley. Logistics wise, and travel wise, it makes sense to me. Just look at which MN12 Nationals has drawn the most people. It's a central location, with great facilities, and plenty of stuff for everyone. I'd be willing to make the drive :p

Seriously though, if we can get 20 cars at a local meet in OKC on several occasions, I'm pretty sure that beating the 35 car attendance from last year probably won't be a problem. There are a lot of people who don't frequent SCCoA that would come to an even in OKC, all I have to do is send out the emails. Dallas is only about 4 hours away, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Colorado, and New Mexico are all withing a comfortable driving distance, and it's such a convenient location to travel to.

I know I'm not a big dog here on SCCoA, but as the OK TCCoA director, I would be willing to put max time and effort into making a successful event for everyone. I know Scott is dedicated to this as well, and he lives right beside the track, so the logistics would be easy to handle. Not to mention all the college girls in Norman, just a few minutes away!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
It would be nice to see another event in OK. I went to the first MN12 national event a few yrs ago and enjoyed it. Seems to be a lot more activity with TX cars nowadays, especially near Dallas.
However, since there was an event there just a few yrs ago, still might be hard sell since it seems to me most of the people that do the shootout are located more North and East.
Like the suggestion though, sounds like it would be a good deal.

I had a great time at the 2001 MN12 National meet, and thought that Thunder Valley was a very nice track. The big guys were running that day, so it was super sticky :D

I would be all for a return to OKC, but would be willing to travel in any direction up to 10 hours. Sounds like you have done some good research, and that is what it will take!

Thomas

Thunderbirds at Thunder Valley

sounds good to me. the only guys that would hurt some from this location would be the canada guys, but like it's been said before, the location is always going to be a compromize. as long as the facilities and planning are good, along with the price to help support the event, im in. after all the fun i had last time (what i can remember. hehe..), id be willing to travel quite a ways for another sc shootout :D let us know how its going with this scott. sides, i wanna meet another chinook/sc guy. lol.

Moses

I think that would be a nice place to have it too..... too bad it wouldn't matter becuase I probably couldn't race anyways, unless age doesn't matter.

I'd go if it were close enough though :)

If you're under 18, you have to have a parent on site to sign a consent form. They are very strict about that around here.

OzzManG149 said:
OK im trying to get some intrest going to have the 2005 SC/XR7 SHootout at ThunderValley Raceway in Noble Oklahoma. SO far I can say if this does happen here I believe we can have a really good turn out.

Damn. That's 1500+ miles for me. :( . Don't know if The Boss(tm) will go for that......

Well, I know how much the track rental is, and it seems pretty reasonable for the facilities we would have. Camping out at the track is a big plus, it can really cut down on expenses for people who are on the bubble. I live about 1.5 hours away, and I would camp out there, if the wife doesn't like it, she could either get a hotel, or maybe her and Wilma can go hang out, and stay out of our hair, right Scott? ;)

Rich95XR7 said:
if the wife doesn't like it, she could either get a hotel, or maybe her and Wilma can go hang out, and stay out of our hair, right Scott? ;)

For that matter the house is only a couple miles away... lol

That's what I was hinting at, but if it does end up being at Thunder Valley, I'd more than likely do the all night sit up and BS thing with some guys. I haven't met that many guys from SCCoA, up to this point I've been involved in TCCoA. I know all the local members from both clubs, I just look forward to meeting some other people, and then kicking their butts in the bracket class. :D

Back