How Does the SCP Exhaust Setup Sound???

pablon2

It's a long story but I am removing my new (only 800 miles on it) Flowmaster II exhaust (2.25/2.5/2.25) with SS high flow cats and resonator and replacing with the higher flowing SCP exhaust system (2.5/3/2.5). How does the SCP exhaust sound in comparison to the Flowmaster system? I will be going to an X-pipe resonator with my new setup since I'll be using the midlength headers. Will the headers make the sound different as well?

P.S. As a side note, I'll be selling my flowmaster system. Again it is brand new with only about 800 miles on it. It isn't off my car yet (which is garaged and not currently being driven so there won't be any more miles on the exhaust than there are now) so I haven't officially posted it FS in the Car Parts section. But I am taking inquiries from those interested. The car and the exhaust are in MN.

I've got the Kooks medium length headers and SCP system you described on my car, but I'm using hi flow cats, and a Magnaflow resonator with Dynomax mufflers. It sounds pretty good, but not as good as some Borla equipped cars I've heard.

It's not as loud as I expected it to be. At WOT you can't even hear the exhaust over the very loud supercharger whine. I'm sure it would be louder without the cats.

David

David:
Is your SC 2nd generation or the MPII port job on a 1st gen? I ask b/c my 1st gen is being MagnaPorted as we speak (write) and I was wondering if the SC will have a louder whine, (a more noticeable whine) at WOT once finished.

David Neibert said:
I've got the Kooks medium length headers and SCP system you described on my car, but I'm using hi flow cats, and a Magnaflow resonator with Dynomax mufflers. It sounds pretty good, but not as good as some Borla equipped cars I've heard.

It's not as loud as I expected it to be. At WOT you can't even hear the exhaust over the very loud supercharger whine. I'm sure it would be louder without the cats.

David

It's an MPII which is an early model supercharger that has had the back of the case cut off and the new MP casting attached. There are others areas ported, but the larger and raised height inlet area is the main mod.

BTW, I'm overdriving it about 23%, so that probably makes it a little louder.

David

pablon2 said:
It's a long story but I am removing my new (only 800 miles on it) Flowmaster II exhaust (2.25/2.5/2.25) with SS high flow cats and resonator and replacing with the higher flowing SCP exhaust system (2.5/3/2.5). How does the SCP exhaust sound in comparison to the Flowmaster system? I will be going to an X-pipe resonator with my new setup since I'll be using the midlength headers. Will the headers make the sound different as well?
I have that but I haven't put on my high flow cats. There is not much of a difference in sound. Its lower, not louder or better sounding. Just a lower tone. But I'm more worried about flow, the cats should help the sound I hope.

I had kooks headers high flow cats and complete SCP exhaust on my SC...Sounded nice..No to loud..Nice and mellow with aslight rumbling hum..Ever so slight

Also had that same exhaust with stock manifolds....lil quieter

Back