Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5% blower pulley

5% blower pulley

does anyone know the diameter of a 5& pulley also can anyone post anypics thanks

overdrive sizes vs stock

89-93 3.135"
    5%OD 2.935"
    10%OD 2.850"

as you can see, the difference is so small that you couldnt tell a 5% from a 10% from a stocker in pictures. maybe if all three were together you could. i believe the measurement is taken from the peaks on the ribs on the pulley.

Moses

Here you go:

Paul
    Last edited by BT Motorsports; 01-11-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BT Motorsports
    Here you go:

Paul
    All i have to say is i love my BTM 5% pulley, looks sharp and sure gets the boost goin quicker.

Here's a pic of mine that I bought from Paul at BTM.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's a picture of one that SuperCoupe Performance (SCP) sells. It's a lightweight 5% pulley. Front view on the left and back view on the right.

ok that is what i need to make my project happen now the hard part. how do i get my tock pulley off and how do i take off the snout of the blower im guessing the pulley has to be remover first.

also thanks for all the pics once again.

Quote Originally Posted by LostDreamer
    ok that is what i need to make my project happen now the hard part. how do i get my tock pulley off and how do i take off the snout of the blower im guessing the pulley has to be remover first.

also thanks for all the pics once again.
    pully comes off easy on car remove nut and use a good three arm puller, the snout yoiu have to remove blower for that remove all the 10 mm bolts then use a ruber mallot and tape the case it will seperate . watch it blower oil stinks like hell, if your going this far whyu not rebuild blower tbird 88 has all the parts cheap. all thats need is a press

Quote Originally Posted by mannysc
    pully comes off easy on car remove nut and use a good three arm puller, the snout yoiu have to remove blower for that remove all the 10 mm bolts then use a ruber mallot and tape the case it will seperate . watch it blower oil stinks like hell, if your going this far whyu not rebuild blower tbird 88 has all the parts cheap. all thats need is a press
    ok manny here is the problemt he supercharger is off the car and on my work bench and every time i try to unsrew the pulley it wont budge it just keeps spinning i also can stop the blower from turnin over im trying to polishthe damn thing including the ic ic tube ic bracket TB IP and Mafs so i got a lot of work to do but the blower is slowing me down i also am going to rebuld the blower but dont know how to. so how do you remove the pulley if ts off te car i asi have a shop im going to work at it has a big vise if that will help

Quote Originally Posted by LostDreamer
    every time i try to unsrew the pulley it wont budge it just keeps spinning
    That's your problem, it doesn't unscrew, it's a press fit.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BT Motorsports
    That's your problem, it doesn't unscrew, it's a press fit.

Paul
    After you get the retaining nut off the shaft, you'll need a 3 jaw puller to get the pulley itself off.

David

To hold the pulley from spinning so you can get the nut off, get a used belt and wrap a section around the pulley and clamp the belt toghther with vise grips. Or just go to the store and buy a strap wrench to hold the pulley.

BTW, It's much easier to remove and install the retaining nut using an impact wrench.

David

PS: My ESM 10 rib quick change pulley looks better than anything else I've seen, so far.
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

SC snout pulley removal / some info.

(Not the tech. forum but, I'll reply with some info)

Here's some pics/info. of when I removed my SuperCharger pulley, snout seal, and snout.
    Just wanted to share with all.

Note: The supercharger oil does smell bad. I would suggest draining it into a container outside away from the house before removing the SC snout. Just unscrew the allen head bolt located on snout.

larger pic ::: I used these tools to remove the SC pulley: 18" Breaker bar/ 1/2"drive, 18mm socket, 1-1/8" wrench, & 6" 3-jaw pulley puller.

larger pic ::: If you find this pasty clay-like stuff behind your SC pulley most likely your snout seal is leaking. I would replace it.

larger pic ::: Remember to remove the SC snout seal retaining clip before attempting to remove the seal.

larger pic ::: To remove snout seal I just punched four small holes in the seal with a pointy nail. Only go 1/8" deep with the nail. (The seal is only about 3/8" thick.) You don't want to damage anything behind it. Then, see next pic where I used some screws and a washer to pull on the seal to remove. (I guess it's overkill, but I didn't know if the seal was in there tight... it wasn't.) You could prob. just pull on one screw at a time with some plyers until it's completely out.
    larger pic

larger pic ::: To remove the snout I took out the 9 bolts. Used a rubber mallet and a plastic pipe or handle to hit indented casting points on snout body.

larger pic ::: Here's a pic of SC main body and snout apart.

larger pic ::: Now's also a good time to replace your snout coupler. If your SC pulley (may have noticed before it was disassembled) had excessive back/forth play it's most likely your SC snout coupler is worn out.

larger pic ::: While trying to re-position the SC snout seal retaining clip I found it just never seated correctly after removal. It kept popping off. So I found this snap ring set from Napa which has one snap ring that fits. It's the largest one in the set. (Set Napa Part# SER 985 cost about $11). It was a little tight fitting, but sanding the edges thinner would make it fit perfect.
    Last edited by Lonestar SC; 01-13-2005 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Additional info:

Very nice pics and write up. I had to put a real snap ring in mine too, that flimsy wire retainer kept falling out.

David

PS: Is that the same washer you used to pull you broken balancer off the crankshaft ?
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Ok I tink got it i'll let you know what comes out i may end up acrewing thing up but ill try not to. thanks everyone