Thread: ok guys, i need your input

ok guys, i need your input

ok, i got a few cars that want to race me this summer, and i'd like to know how i will stand up. i got a 93LX with a 302H.O, i have a shift kit and a thicker clutch plat and i will be removing the air silencer. ok guys, here are the cars

-89 Trans am, auto no mods that i know of

-92 (one of those years) turbo grand prix

-98 honda civic, no real mods, body kit, rims exhaust, and a cold air. (raced him with my truck and killed him)

(Edit) we're going to be racing for some cash, so i need to win this.
    Last edited by schwalbe; 01-23-2005 at 07:23 PM.

The civic will be a pushover. What motor is in the TA? I dont know anything about the Turbo Grand Prix so I cant help you there. I would say you should free up the exhaust and put an intake on your car to make things easier for yourself. Otherwise all the races with the exception of the civic will prolly be close and come down to the driver.

Shane

the t/a has a 305. i want to get some long tube headers for my car and just run stright pipes. i work at a steel shop, so i can get exhaust tubing for cheap. i just dont know what to do about the in-take, i'm not that good with cars so it can't be too hard to do. i wish i knew as much as cars about you, thanks for your help.

The turbo GP in stock trim was supposedly a 15.6 et car. Factor in age, mileage, condition, and mods, and it may be a descent run. As for your car, slap on a k&n, tornado, and and exhaust and you'll definatley notice a difference. Just don't go all out on the exhaust without sizing the intake correctly. Lack of enough backpressure will result in popping from the exhaust on desceleration, poor fuel economy, and worst of all, poor performance.

what size exhaust pipe should i go with?

All depends on what power level you plan on trying to acheive. Most people I know that have the fox chassis stangs w/5.0s usually do 2.5 in true duals w/x-pipe, no cats, and just mufflers. On the 5.0 stang, I got an article somewhere that shows, headers and exhaust w/ high flow cats and a cold air kit yeilded something like 20-30 rwhp. I'll see if I can find it. Afterall, the tbird 5.0 ho was the same motor in the 94-95 stangs.

And for the others who wanna bash my whole usin the "tornado". After using them in 3 cars, I can attest to their workings, it was a seat of the pants difference in all cars.

once i start building it up, i'd like to get around 350 hp, with a 250shot of nos. but i'm not too sure on who do go with and with what. i want to keep it efi also. i guess i just would like some info for the future, until then i can dream.

pearl95sc,

You should have your car dynoed with the tornado installed and with it not installed to see what kind of difference it creates. I know I am curious to see what kind of difference it makes.

Shane