New SC owner by the end of this weekend..!

92SCinNC

Wow I just looked at my gf's dads black 92 thunderbird sc. My gf has a white 92 thunderbird and I loved ti when I drove it. Im now buyin her dads for 2,000 it has new engine rebuilt 3,000 miles ago babied all its life has 86,000 total miles and all it needs is struts. Im juss wanting to say hello and thanks to ryan shannon who has a bird sittin on sum perdy 20's gleamin man sweet ride thanks for help so far you got me loving the birds. I think its good price and cant wait im selling my 87 camaro which the bitch who sold it to me it blew up 2 days after i got it... witch ne ways.. any idea for sum bolt ons it will be a daily driver besides to work cuzz i do construction. I saw intake im going to buy im not that savvy with engine stuff so the simpler the better but im sure with a walk through i can conquer the world.. thansk for all yalls help so far and keep up great work
feel free to email me
-kenny
cant wait for my BIRD AHHh! im going to tint the windows and black out the tail lights first then engine stuff right away i make 12.00 an hour bout 600-800 every 2nd thurs and most of it is going to my car
so I hope to have cams, ported heads, intake, pulleys i heard r good 2 .. and ge the exahust done.. cats and magnaflow i heard r best... but plz let me know sum good heads i want to have my bird breathing...
thanks a million

where r u located in nc?

in located in concord nc right outside of charlotte
send me a pm or sumthing it took me 5 mins to find my thread lmao

Another SC owner near you Eddie. That's cool! The number of SC owners in NC that are showing up on here is increasing. We really need to get some kind of meet going. Even if it's just for fun, to meet everybody would be great.

Hope you enjoy your SC and welcome to the club.

thank yall for ur welcome!

Wow wat a day came back from albermale and lost my truck into a ditch luckily no dings in truck and im fine 2 was juss lil weird. anyways thansk for all ur warmth and welcome im orig a yankee but u cant beat southern hospitality ppreciate that. My friend has a 97 svt red thunderbird sittin on 20's he orig got me loving the birds. hes hookin up the NOS this week 75 dry shot.. wow cant wait.. Ne ways I work alot with my dad in construction but Id love to all get together he made me aware of a meet in charlotte and their cruising up to raleigh and hitting every hooters on the way itll be sick espc once I get my ride. Getting 5 % tint on my black sc and 18 or 20 inch wheels which do yall think I should get.. also gonna do sum basic bolt ons I need to learn not to speed one speeding and one reckless dricving ticket ... lol! anyways drive it likeu stole it and ill check back soon
ne help/advice yall can give would b egreat my aim sn is damnyankeenproud and yahoo is kenny_engle
thanks again
k dawg

92SCinNC said:
Wow wat a day came back from albermale and lost my truck into a ditch luckily no dings in truck and im fine 2 was juss lil weird. anyways thansk for all ur warmth and welcome im orig a yankee but u cant beat southern hospitality ppreciate that. My friend has a 97 svt red thunderbird sittin on 20's he orig got me loving the birds. hes hookin up the NOS this week 75 dry shot.. wow cant wait.. Ne ways I work alot with my dad in construction but Id love to all get together he made me aware of a meet in charlotte and their cruising up to raleigh and hitting every hooters on the way itll be sick espc once I get my ride. Getting 5 % tint on my black sc and 18 or 20 inch wheels which do yall think I should get.. also gonna do sum basic bolt ons I need to learn not to speed one speeding and one reckless dricving ticket ... lol! anyways drive it likeu stole it and ill check back soon
ne help/advice yall can give would b egreat my aim sn is damnyankeenproud and yahoo is kenny_engle
thanks again
k dawg

Hey, I'm in Raleigh, when will this Hooters run be? I'll meet ya there if I can.

hmmm good question

actually Im not quite sure I will get up with ryan tomm and be sure to let yall know the dates i hope I have my SC by then i dont care if its bone stock lol atleast I got SC lol...
kenny

ok sorry ive been busy guys

Ryan said he thinks the meet is in late feb sometime he said they talked about it on TCCOA.COM please check their chat I guess he said... I gotta go to school so keep me posted
Kenneth Engle

Hooters

Isn't there a Hooters out by Lowes Motor Speedway?

Maybe they will open it up so we can take a hot lap. :D

Eddie

hell yes there is

Lowes is about a quarter mile from the hooters heck yea. About 5 or 7 miles from my house you can take 3 laps for I think 75 bucks . Lol kinda fun if you ask me.. Cant wait to get my bird finished the deck i was building and now need to finish sum windows and dad should have enuff to buy me my bird I so desperately want..!:) Im all smiles wat do yall think I should upgrade first im def gettin rims and sytstem but Im gettin intake and sum other stuff is there ne good body kits that dont look riced out?
thanks for all yalls help

Rice? Most of what's out there is made for rice. There are a few nice spoilers and hoods you can get, but the ground effects on these are about all I care to look at. I think anything more would be too much.

If you need a trans. work, see (big E) Eddie. :D
If you need a paint job, see Eddie. :D

If you need ways to spend money on your car without actually making improvents, see me. :eek:

LOL!!!!!!!!

Hope Eddie is able to come up to the Raleigh Hooters with y'all. Can't wait to meet everyone else.

HAHA I hear what you mean

I have question bout the aod is that stock? I was juss wondering cant wait to go pick my SC up itll be the best day in my life besides when I hook that bad boy up... I want to make some improvements but I want my ride to look fly 2 lol I might paint my wheels black so itll be a midnight bird im taking a picture of my car by ther town sign that says bird sanctuary get it bird sanctuary!~
-Kenny

92SCinNC said:
I have question bout the aod is that stock? I was juss wondering cant wait to go pick my SC up itll be the best day in my life besides when I hook that bad boy up... I want to make some improvements but I want my ride to look fly 2 lol I might paint my wheels black so itll be a midnight bird im taking a picture of my car by ther town sign that says bird sanctuary get it bird sanctuary!~
-Kenny

Yes, the aod was stock in the SC. However, it is a better aod than ford put in their other cars, just because of the amount of torque it had to handle.

There are upgrades for the aod, such as torque convertors, valve bodies, shift kits, just to name a few.

Post some pics when you get them.

Ill be sure to post when I get it

I got to finish up some windows this week so I should have the money up by friday and I hope to go buy it possibly this weekend or next.. I want it so bad I can taste the bird's pedal under my foot lol! Cant wait to join the wonderful world of the sc.. also for 92 wat is the stock psi the supercharger puts out?? so the 92 comes with a aod tranny?
im thinkin bout buying a shift kit is it hard to put in.. also my friend juss got a blueovalchip from blueovalchips.com and its horrible its makin his car shift at 3,000 in 1st and 2500 in 2nd I mean come on now lol this is his third time sending custom chip back id avoid them and he payed 460 for the thing

The SCs were also available with a 5 speed. The 5 speeds are a little more rare and especially the 94/95s.

Sounds like your friend needs a better place to get his chip from.

amen

yes hes gettin is 460 bucks back and buyin it from sum1 else I guess I mean the guys been cool bout ti but it was supposed to be burned custom for his car he said its better but not wat he expected for the money.. but yea the guy has upped the price on my bird to 3,000 so I think im just going to fix my 87 camaro for now till I can get up some spare dough cuzz my dad is kinda slack with my paychecks but ill have it soon enuff!
kenny

92SCinNC said:
yes hes gettin is 460 bucks back and buyin it from sum1 else I guess I mean the guys been cool bout ti but it was supposed to be burned custom for his car he said its better but not wat he expected for the money.. but yea the guy has upped the price on my bird to 3,000 so I think im just going to fix my 87 camaro for now till I can get up some spare dough cuzz my dad is kinda slack with my paychecks but ill have it soon enuff!
kenny

That's a bummer that the guy raised his price. Maybe he'll come back down on it soon. Unless it's in mint condition, 3K is a lot for a 92. Mine is a 91 and I paid $1200 for it. Of course it did have high miles and a thing or two wrong here and there, but still nice and driveable.

As bad as you want it, don't pay too much more than what it is worth. There's always someone else selling theirs and you can get one for the amount you can afford. Good luck with it.

Price?

Were you looking at an SC from an individual or a dealer?

It sucks that he raised the price on you. Next time, see if the seller will sign a contract for the asking price.

I agree with Dave, 3K is a little too much for that ride. There will always be another one right around the corner.

I can't believe what some of the SC's around here go for. I am looking in the Auto Trader and there are 2 of them for sale. A 93 with 40K selling for $6,500.00 and an 89 with 71K selling for $5,400.00 :eek:

There was a gold 90 SC in my neighborhood that just sold for 3k and it had 71k on it. Whoever bought it got a very good deal. :D

As for some mods, I just got finished installing a 5% OD blower pulley and a 5% OD jack shaft pulley. My WOT boost went from around 7 lbs. to 13 lbs. and I love the sound of the blower got louder. :D

I've been burning up the parking lot at work just about everyday. I need some new rear tires, anyway. :rolleyes:

Next will be the CAI and the exhaust. I would like to have a little more torque on the bottom end.

Eddie

the-big-e said:
Were you looking at an SC from an individual or a dealer?

It sucks that he raised the price on you. Next time, see if the seller will sign a contract for the asking price.

I agree with Dave, 3K is a little too much for that ride. There will always be another one right around the corner.

I can't believe what some of the SC's around here go for. I am looking in the Auto Trader and there are 2 of them for sale. A 93 with 40K selling for $6,500.00 and an 89 with 71K selling for $5,400.00 :eek:

There was a gold 90 SC in my neighborhood that just sold for 3k and it had 71k on it. Whoever bought it got a very good deal. :D

As for some mods, I just got finished installing a 5% OD blower pulley and a 5% OD jack shaft pulley. My WOT boost went from around 7 lbs. to 13 lbs. and I love the sound of the blower got louder. :D

I've been burning up the parking lot at work just about everyday. I need some new rear tires, anyway. :rolleyes:

Next will be the CAI and the exhaust. I would like to have a little more torque on the bottom end.

Eddie

If you think the blower is loud now, wait till you put on the cai. Glad you got some of your mods done. Did you do the exhaust yet?

wow didnt see second page sorry guys

didnt see the second page till today. Yes its perfect cond I think it only has 80,000 miles on it and perfect cond babied car juss needs struts juss got engine rebuilt 3,000 miles ago.. all records. anyways Im going to take aloan at the bank if dad cant get the 3,000 together .. Im going to look at it this weekend I cant wait to be a bird driver my friend is gettin his 75 shot today in mail cant wait to work on ours together. im blacking out the windows limo tint and i might paint the stock wheels black for now so itll be a night bird cant wait ill keep yall posted ne good things to do right away for the engine performance not 2 expensive. I want borla exahust itll be like 900... ANyways were paintin his alternator and throttle body and stuff red to match his car he put in colder plugs and now gettin wires

Back