knocking

scfix92

Hey guys quick help I am having nocking every now and then in my 94 sc I am really thinking it is a timing problem but I was just curious for some more info. it sounds like rocks around my intake, when you are by the engine. when I drive it sounds like chattering and it is every now and then and mainly when I accelerate. also when my car get around 1000 rpm it will start to stall and go down to 500 and sometimes die, Then after that it is alot harder to start. the car has been running rich too and it has ignition problems here and there. I would appreciate any help on this matter, I am not going to drive it in case it is something serious

scfix92 said:
Hey guys quick help I am having nocking every now and then in my 94 sc I am really thinking it is a timing problem but I was just curious for some more info. it sounds like rocks around my intake, when you are by the engine. when I drive it sounds like chattering and it is every now and then and mainly when I accelerate. also when my car get around 1000 rpm it will start to stall and go down to 500 and sometimes die, Then after that it is alot harder to start. the car has been running rich too and it has ignition problems here and there. I would appreciate any help on this matter, I am not going to drive it in case it is something serious

Also no check engine lights come on untill the car dies

Back