Need a pic of Exhaust

fastsc92

Does anyone have a pic of there car...looking from the side, about ground level, to show how their exhaust sits under the car? I've been piecing together my exhaust from my long tube's back and everything tucks up so clean, and is even with the frame rails. However, after i put my resonator in( dual in single out), it looks like its hangs low under the car. I cant go up any higher under the car because then the pipes from the headers to the res will hit the tranny crossmember. It maybe not be that low, but the car is up in the air 2 feet...so looks could be deceiving. Anyways, as it stands...it might be about 2 inches lower than the frame rails. Like I said, the rest of the pipes you cant see at all if you look level with the bottom of the car.

I hope that made some sense, and someone could share some pics, or their input on the matter. Its the 5 x 8 x 18 magnaflow. Thanks guys.

Maybe this will help...
the one pic is looking at rear wheel slightly towards the back so you can see where the muffler tucks up in the rear. These are the best pics I got of this area..

I guess I should mention that I have a 1990 so the exhaust has to bend around the gas tank....

Attachments

• SCPExhst 1a.jpg
    SCPExhst 1a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 25a.jpg
    Picture 25a.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 87
I'm looking for just a side shot of the car so i can see just where the resonator sits under the car (level with the floor/ frame rails, or hangs slightly lower). Basically i need a shot like this(dont laugh):

untitled.bmp

My res sits a little lower too. .. Don't have any pics here at work, but I know what your talking about. ... It even scrapes a bit when going over speed bumps or the like.

Anthony

If you look at the 1st pic of mine, you can see I put my resonator above the seat brace???, and the resonator outlet didn't quite sit high enough to clear that brace. So I added some (White Poly) spacers between the floor and brace to clear the outlet pipe of the res. If I routed/placed the res anywhere else it would have scraped easily over speed bumps...it's just how I did it..

SilverCasket said:
My res sits a little lower too. .. Don't have any pics here at work, but I know what your talking about. ... It even scrapes a bit when going over speed bumps or the like.

Anthony

So its not just me...the res will sit slightly lower than the rest of the car. I cant see anyway around it without making it look like cr@p. The rest of the exhaust pipes are tucked up so clean under the car, I just wished the res did the same thing.

Here a couple side shots from the side, the pics are from my camera phone.

ZRS%20SC%20-%20Exhaust%20-%20side%20view2.jpg

ZRS%20SC%20-%20Exhaust%20-%20side%20view3.jpg

ZRS%20SC%20-%20Exhaust%20-%20side%20view4.jpg

Here is the setup Im running.
ZRS%20SC%20-%20Dual%20Exhaust2.jpg

Zack

yeah, those pics show exactly how mine sits. It's hanging down only a little and you'll never see it, or hit anything (unless your ride is lowered, or you are mud bogging)..

Back