2005 SC Shootout Location and Date !!

XR7 Dave

The SC Shootout Comittee is proud to announce that the 2005 SC Shootout will be held in Norman, Oklahoma the weekend of October 7-9 with racing at ThunderValley Raceway. Big thanks go out to the shootout committee for working hard to put this together so far. Scott Osborne of Norman, OK has spearheaded the organization of what promises to be the best Shootout yet. Start making plans now, we will be announcing more details as they become available. We look forward to seeing each of you there!

David

SC Shootout Coordinator

im going to put it on the calender but i dont know if ill be able to do it, i might be changing jobs soon, i dislike the place im at now, so i dont know about time off and whatnot but its not for another 9 months so who knows.

If im there it will be great if not please send pics!!

Oklahoma? This might be a possibilty for me.. :)
If my SC can hold together long enough to make it there :rolleyes:
I have some relatives that live in OK City so that will help...
Definately putting this on my calender...

That's is definitely a great location for the shootout. It really gives both coasts about the same distance. .... A little far for me, so I may bow the SC out. Hopefully I can fly in for the fun though. We'll see. .

But definitely a great job by the committee, that looks almost smack dab in the middle!

Anthony

I'll be racing bracket class, bring all the ARs you want. You may be faster, but I guarantee I'm more consistant :p I'm also know to cut some .00 lights, just ask Scott, I've strapped a few people at the tree before. :D

Last edited:
Maybe I can help you out on that Dave, now I need to get those heads and cam from you by april and I should be ready. I'll be at this one since it will probably be the closest one for a while.

XR7 Dave said:
:D :D :D :D :D

My goal is to have a fleet of AR's show up and whoopass on y'all! :D J/K

id like to be part of that fleet, but id need some donations from you there.. ;) haha. j/k.

rich95xr7,
you and me both. i also have to worry about getting deployed in that time. i really hope not. its almost out of my range, but after the fun i had at last years, im definitely going to try to be there. now the question is, which car to bring? i like being able to ask that.. haha :D

Moses

specops_SC said:
id like to be part of that fleet, but id need some donations from you there.. ;) haha. j/k.

rich95xr7,
you and me both. i also have to worry about getting deployed in that time. i really hope not. its almost out of my range, but after the fun i had at last years, im definitely going to try to be there. now the question is, which car to bring? i like being able to ask that.. haha :D

Moses

Moses, I know you asked about the rules vrs some of the mods you had planned. I hope you have read the new rules. I think you will like them. :)

specops_SC said:

rich95xr7,

Moses
Chris and I will see you there Moses. We owe you IHOP!

BobGPz said:
Oklahoma? This might be a possibilty for me.. :)
If my SC can hold together long enough to make it there :rolleyes:
I have some relatives that live in OK City so that will help...
Definately putting this on my calender...
The New Mexico crew is here if you want to make a pitstop in Albuquerque, Bob. We are more than willing to help you find a place to stay. If any of you west coast guys are planning on going, we can try and help you out as well. Give me a holler. :D

I'll be making plans to be there as well...

Thanks to the committee for making a superb choice of location...

Did someone say SC Shootout Convoy?

Darkside said:
The New Mexico crew is here if you want to make a pitstop in Albuquerque, Bob. We are more than willing to help you find a place to stay. If any of you west coast guys are planning on going, we can try and help you out as well. Give me a holler. :D

I know it's a bit early to plan anything, but anybody along these states going that want to drive down with other SC'ers? I'd hate to drive down and worry about breaking down by myself. I figure if you're going to break down, what better than having a bunch of other SC'ers to help get back on the road. Here's my idea...

Canada and Seattle guys can convoy down to me (Close to Portland).
Then we all convoy to California and crash for a few hours somewhere (I figure that's about 10-15 hours driving), and meet up with all the CA members somewhere. We then all convoy over to Arizona and meet up with the AZ & NM members. Then we all convoy over and grab all the TX members, cruise over 1 more state and we are there.
Maybe some other fellow members offer some sofa's or floors to crash on along the way like Darkside has? MannySC/TBird88??

If nobody wants to do this, I’ll at least fly down… gots to make this shooutout..

BobGPz said:
Canada and Seattle guys can convoy down to me (Close to Portland).
Then we all convoy to California and crash for a few hours somewhere (I figure that's about 10-15 hours driving), and meet up with all the CA members somewhere. We then all convoy over to Arizona and meet up with the AZ & NM members. Then we all convoy over and grab all the TX members, cruise over 1 more state and we are there.
Maybe some other fellow members offer some sofa's or floors to crash on along the way like Darkside has? MannySC/TBird88??

I know that caravaning is a blast! We caravaned to and from Nat's 2001 with about 8 SC'ers and one of us even lost a crank sensor on the way in the middle of nowhere. 1hr later we were back on track and moving. Something I'll remember for the rest of my life. :D

This event is going to kick some serious butt!

Back