Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Lo Mileage Sc

Anyone Else??

Quote Originally Posted by txsc
    I've found a few, and bought one. Still looking for one more. Let me know what you have.

Thanks!

Jerry Davis
    jdavis300@satx.rr.com
    Bump to the top.... Still looking for another one.

Bump to the top.... Still looking for another one.

Hey Jerry,
    Sent you PM

high mileage

Don't worry about a low mileage car. My '89 has 315,000 kms on it, and it will still eat most of what I pass on the highway. I driver 35 miles to work each way, every day, winter, summer. It looks like a high miler, faded paint, a dent in one side, but still puts a big smile on my face, when I downshift into 3rd gear to pass someone on the highway. I just signed in today to find out about rear wheel problems. I guess I need to find a new hub, since the new bearing is making noise already after being replaced last week. Thanks for the info. (I also posted on getting rid of the ABS system. Smartest thing I ever did. ) John V.O. Lethbridge AB Canada

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jvo
    Don't worry about a low mileage car. My '89 has 315,000 kms on it, and it will still eat most of what I pass on the highway. I driver 35 miles to work each way, every day, winter, summer. It looks like a high miler, faded paint, a dent in one side, but still puts a big smile on my face, when I downshift into 3rd gear to pass someone on the highway. I just signed in today to find out about rear wheel problems. I guess I need to find a new hub, since the new bearing is making noise already after being replaced last week. Thanks for the info. (I also posted on getting rid of the ABS system. Smartest thing I ever did. ) John V.O. Lethbridge AB Canada
    Hello JVO,

Thanks for your response. It sure is encouraging to hear you've gotten that kind of mileage from your SC!

However, I'm looking for "investment grade" cars that I can be obsessive about. These are going to be fair-weather drivers. I just enjoy driving "like-new" cars that are interesting.

I certainly hope that I have half as good a luck with my SC's as you do with yours. I'm just going to leave the "dirty work" to one of my daily-drivers.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry Davis

1990 Manual SC Red 44K 2nd owner

Quote Originally Posted by txsc
    I've found a few, and bought one. Still looking for one more. Let me know what you have.

Thanks!

Jerry Davis
    jdavis300@satx.rr.com
    New to your site, you origional message is about a month old, However I,m forced to put my bird on the market. I really want it to go to someone who will appreciate its quality. Let me know if your still in the market.

Done 'Bird Huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by james-simon
    New to your site, you origional message is about a month old, However I,m forced to put my bird on the market. I really want it to go to someone who will appreciate its quality. Let me know if your still in the market.
    Thanks to everyone who has responded to my "want ad". I've looked at some NICE cars, and met a lot of GREAT folks! SC people are the best!

However, I've got all the cars I need for now. I ended up buying two nice keepers, and one "beater" (parts, etc.) that was a good deal close to home. Here's what I ended up with:

'89 Titanium automatic. 82K miles. Great 2-owner condition; all original, most paperwork.

'89 White 5-speed. 40K miles. OUTSTANDING 1-owner condition; all original, all paperwork since new.

'89 Titanium 5-speed. 133K miles. Poor condition, 1-owner; old repaint, lot's of replacement parts (new water pump, P/S pump, head gaskets, misc), some paperwork, tired but re-buildable. Potential organ doner for my other two. Interestingly, it was built 406 units after my "nice" titanium car. Don't know what to do with this one yet. It's a rust-free south TX car that runs and drives good; but cosmetically challenged. We'll see...