Wanted: Lo Mileage Sc

txsc

I have cash waiting for the right '89-'92 Supercoupe. I prefer a one/two-owner, man. trans, red, white or titainium car, but will consider all-years, low-mileage 'coupes. Car will be used as an occasionally driven "toy" for my wife and I. I'm located in S. TX, but will fly within the continental US for the right car. Please call (830) 237-6632 to discuss your car. Thank You!

Come On Guys !!

NO ONE has a nice low mileage SC taking up space in their garage?? It'll go to a good home; promise. Sunny day driving only, and the only thing we use salt on down here is margaritas! Contact me at jdavis300@satx.rr.com.

THANK YOU...

New Email Address

If you send email to me, please use my second address:

WS23L77@yahoo.com

My first email account can't handle the volume of mail I've been receiving with photos attahced.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry Davis

Jerry-

Not sure if they sold it yet or not-we have a member here who has a 1990 35th Anniversary car-low miles-and has every bit of the stuff that came with the car-the car has been kept in a climate-controlled garage for all it's life and has won several awards at shows-the car's price is somewhere around $14k, and if memory serves it had less than 20K miles.

You can find more info and pics of the car at www.sccoia.org

Here's more info on that car:

10,000 MILES, ONLY DRIVEN TO CAR SHOWS. ALL OPTIONS,NO MODIFICATIONS,LIKE NEW.

I KNOW 18,899.00 SOUNDS HIGH, BUT IT HAS ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT 5 SPEED. I HAVE ALL SERVICE RECORDS. I HAVE THE DEALER BROCHURE ON HOW TO PROMOTE THE CAR, I HAVE THE CALENDAR,LARGE PICTURE OF BIRDS YEARS. ALSO HAVE THE ANNIVERSARY WATCH, AND CAR COVER,PEN AND MATS. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN USED. PLUS A SET OF FACTORY PIN STRIPE FROM FORD JUST IN CASE THEY WERE NEEDED. EVERYTHING IS ORIGINAL AND EVERYTHING WORKS INCLUDING THE JBL STEREO AND CD. I ALSO HAVE SUPER FORD MAGAZINE FROM 1990 SHOWING THE 1957 SUPER CHARGED AGAINST THE SC. IT HAS NEVER BEEN OUT IN COLD WEATHER OR SNOW, IT HAS BEEN RAINED ON 3 TIMES. THE WAX I USE COST $65.00 FOR 8 OZ.
ITS NOT THAT I HAVE TO SELL IT,BUT MY WIFE WANTS TO GET A CAMPER. SO I BOUGHT A NEW GMC DENALI FOR THE CAMPER. SO WE WON'T BE GOING TO CAR SHOWS.

kmj03946@msn.com 1 515 465 3208

You can also find the car listed at One Stop Motors-here's the link:

http://www.onestopmotors.com/view-detail.asp?AdID=4204

Beautiful Car !

Hello,

Thanks for your response and the photos. That is one incredible SC!

However, it's above the market I'm able to work in right now. Also, I'm looking for a car that I can drive on occasion and enjoy. I couldn't, in good conscience, drive this car at all. Since it's made it 15 years with only 10K miles, it really needs to be kept that way and preserved.

If it were mine, I'd find a way to hang onto it, put it away, and forget about it for 10 years or so. Investment-grade cars like yours will hold their value in the long-term. I think you'll be glad you held onto it.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry Davis

I wish I had the money to buy it myself! If Ken still has the car for sale when I sell my 57 F-Code at Barrett-Jackson, I WILL buy it for sure!

Thanks for the links. I've seen these three on cars.com. I check there, AutoTrader.com, eBay, etc. just about every day.

I've actually been contacted by a number of nice folks who are interested in selling their SC's. I'm gathering photos and details on each, and still collecting information from new contacts. I think I'm going to go ahead and get two! I'm going to be in a position to move on a car in a week or so, and schedule pick-up for early March. I'd like to find the second one closer to home; airfare is going to kill me!

Thanks again for your response, and keep me posted if you run across any more nice 'coupes.

Regards,

Jerry Davis

Airfare

Best bet on airfare is to get a 14 day advance purchase, tips, if u feel the deal will go down, get non-refundable, and don't get non-stop, as doing all these will get u the cheapest fare. If u can fly southwest, there usually got the best deals & buy online to u will save again.

Just my 2 cents on flying recently
Robert

txsc said:
Thanks for the links. I've seen these three on cars.com. I check there, AutoTrader.com, eBay, etc. just about every day.

I've actually been contacted by a number of nice folks who are interested in selling their SC's. I'm gathering photos and details on each, and still collecting information from new contacts. I think I'm going to go ahead and get two! I'm going to be in a position to move on a car in a week or so, and schedule pick-up for early March. I'd like to find the second one closer to home; airfare is going to kill me!

Thanks again for your response, and keep me posted if you run across any more nice 'coupes.

Regards,

Jerry Davis

Travelin'

Thanks for your feedback! I fly quite a bit for business, and you're right; the 14 day thing is the way to go. Southwest seems to have the best online fares, and they fly right here in San Antonio.

Unfortunately, it seems like a significant number of the cars I'm looking at are in areas where SW doesn't fly. Then I'm forced to go with carriers that are more expensive. Even with a 14 day advance, most are pretty high right now.

I don't know why, but I haven't been able to turn up one single decent SC in Texas. I know they're around, just not "available" right now, it seems. It'd be handier if I could drive and trailer, or take a $60.00 SW flight and drive home. Looks like I'll be traveling to "winterland" for what ever I end up buying...

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry Davis

high mileage

Don't worry about a low mileage car. My '89 has 315,000 kms on it, and it will still eat most of what I pass on the highway. I driver 35 miles to work each way, every day, winter, summer. It looks like a high miler, faded paint, a dent in one side, but still puts a big smile on my face, when I downshift into 3rd gear to pass someone on the highway. I just signed in today to find out about rear wheel problems. I guess I need to find a new hub, since the new bearing is making noise already after being replaced last week. Thanks for the info. (I also posted on getting rid of the ABS system. Smartest thing I ever did. ) John V.O. Lethbridge AB Canada

Thanks

jvo said:
Don't worry about a low mileage car. My '89 has 315,000 kms on it, and it will still eat most of what I pass on the highway. I driver 35 miles to work each way, every day, winter, summer. It looks like a high miler, faded paint, a dent in one side, but still puts a big smile on my face, when I downshift into 3rd gear to pass someone on the highway. I just signed in today to find out about rear wheel problems. I guess I need to find a new hub, since the new bearing is making noise already after being replaced last week. Thanks for the info. (I also posted on getting rid of the ABS system. Smartest thing I ever did. ) John V.O. Lethbridge AB Canada

Hello JVO,

Thanks for your response. It sure is encouraging to hear you've gotten that kind of mileage from your SC!

However, I'm looking for "investment grade" cars that I can be obsessive about. These are going to be fair-weather drivers. I just enjoy driving "like-new" cars that are interesting.

I certainly hope that I have half as good a luck with my SC's as you do with yours. I'm just going to leave the "dirty work" to one of my daily-drivers.

Thanks and Regards,

Jerry Davis

Back