Anyone From Upstate New York/Albany Area?

NY90RedSC

It seems like most everyone on here is from the City. I was wondering if there were any SC owners or enthusiasts in Capital District/Lake George region of Upstate New York. :(
It's a shame that alot of the other regional forums here have alot of input but the New York forum is kinda dead. From the looks of things it appears there used to be a club in the City, but it's gone now or at least suffering miserably.
Now that I officially own a Super Coupe, I'd love to associate with other SC owners in the area. Maybe this forum should be opend to include all New York SC owners, not just those living close to NYC. Any thoughts? :confused:

I'm a little closer than the city

93TBirdLX said:
It seems like most everyone on here is from the City. I was wondering if there were any SC owners or enthusiasts in Capital District/Lake George region of Upstate New York. :(
It's a shame that alot of the other regional forums here have alot of input but the New York forum is kinda dead. From the looks of things it appears there used to be a club in the City, but it's gone now or at least suffering miserably.
Now that I officially own a Super Coupe, I'd love to associate with other SC owners in the area. Maybe this forum should be opend to include all New York SC owners, not just those living close to NYC. Any thoughts? :confused:

I'm in rockland county ny, that only about 1 1/2 hours south of you

93TBirdLX said:

=========================
never mind. i changed my mind.
i got nothing to say.

Ira
=========================

We're in Upstate

NY90RedSC said:

My father and I live in Gloversville New York. I used to live near Saratoga. PM me if you ever want to meet up.

Yo...

Yo, I haven't frequented the board a whole lot because I just bought a house in ALBANY! It's fun being able to work on my car in the driveway.

But I've been having problems with my job (I work for the Center for Disabled) they suck major donkey balls and I'm looking for a new job right now.

So yeah, I've been up here in albany a while now. My SC is messed up and I'm going to be doing some fixing this summer. But for the most part my SC is a daily driver midnight blue 95 5speed.

I'm running polished 17" 03' Cobra rims, but they are horribly dirty for running them in the winter time. Plus on 787 the road is so nasty it pounds my car's chassis bad.

I do think though that I need new shocks for sure. So before I get fed up with the 17" wheel scene, I'm gonna upgrade to Koni Yellows and see if the ride improves somewhat.

A couple of years ago the TCCOA had a mini-meet in the Cross gates mall parking lot. They did it sometime at the end of July beginning of August. i went a couple of times, but I didn't go last year and I don't know if they are doing it this year either.

With all the curfews and so forth that have been implemented at Crossgates now, I don't reckon that would be a great place to meet. :rolleyes:
I'm in Glens Falls and I see a white 89-93 SC cruising around town a bit. There aren't many SC's up here in this neck of the woods it seems. If anyone wants to meet up though, pm me. I'm game as is my SC. :D

Yeah that's right...

I forgot that there were like stabbings, rapings and general pillageings at the X-gates mall.

I used to live in Guilderland anyway, it's good that I moved out. But now I'm in downtown albany (south end district) not too far from "Lark St." the supposed "Cultural Capital" of Albany.

There are lots of cool, young and hip shops and cafe's there, plus historic brownstones too bad it's only 3 blocks worth.

I've got to get this front end work done to my SC. I've already got the front bumper cover, 97' Headlights, Clear corner lights, header panel. I'm just waiting for the hood and I'm going to test fit everything together. Should it go together just fine, I'm going to take it all on over to Metro Ford for the final paint work.

But that won't solve my drivability issues. Let's not even mention the gas economy coupled to the outrageous gas prices....

My SC is going to the bodyshop in November as well for a complete strip down and re-paint. I can't wait to see how she turns out myself. I spent alot of time today cleaning it up and getting it ready to take it to a local cruise-in here in Glens Falls. I ended up not putting it in though because of the back bumper being torn, the e-brake cable haning down and the clearcoat fading. :( I guess I could have though because there was a 90 GT 'Stang there that looked worse than mine that the guy was shwoing. I want to get a Cervini hood for the car too before it goes into the shop to be painted. I haven't decided if i'm going to add a hint of pearl to the clearcoat though or just leave it the bright red it is now....any suggestions? :confused:

Hey, if MY car was 15 years old and...

And I was getting a total strip and repaint, I'd go for a slick pearl color of course!

Hell, if it was going to be a "seasonal/show" type car, I'd maybe even get like a mysterious/chameleon type color, like a blue/green/purple job.

But I'm not a fan of white, but I've seen SC's painted in pearlescent white and I have to admit, I like it.

So if you want to go with a metallic flake Red I'd say do it! I saw a Red car the other day with a high metallic flake content and it basically looked like Dorothy's Magic Ruby Slippers! (There's no place like at home with my SC)

I'm getting a VFN 97 Style hood for my car. I basically went with the fiberglass hood to shave some LBS. They make a wicked looking raised cowl but that would only be if you wanted to change up to a 97 front end...

The Cervini's would look good on the earlier cars and I think that most folks who have one don't have too many complaints.

I haven't heard of many complaints with the Cervini hoods either. One person did say his bodyshop had a wicked hard time trying to fit the hood to his SC, but when he contacted Cervini they covered the cost of shipping that hood back and overnighted another hood to the bodyshop so they could press on and keep the car's progress on schedule. That speaks volumes to me about the integrity of that company and their willingness to make things right with the customer. BTW, when the shop got the new hood they had it fitted in 15 minutes and it looked perfect.
I'll let y'all know what I decide and how things turn out...There are also some miscellaneous interior peices I need to make the inside of the car like new...not many parts, just a few to bring the inside back to like new condition.
Again, let me know when y'all want to get together. I'd love to see your car too, even if it isn't all together! :D

NY90RedSC said:
im in upstate ny ....utica. i have not seen anyone hear im the only supercoupe in this insane place !!!!!!!

I had to go down into Delaware county last week and couldn't believe the number of SC's we saw and then we went out into the Amsterdam area and saw several along the way there as well. I found a twin to my red 90 SC on the way home Saturday too. It is a 92 and is identical with the exception it did not have the power moonroof option. This car was also involved in a front end collision and needs a bit of work to make her new again. No rust on the car and I'm hoping to go down today to take a closer look at it. My wife even likes it and said she would gladly buy it for her own if I did the collision work on it. Guess we'll have to see what the cost is for it...

Looks like there is less and less of us...

We are definatly thinning out. I remember there were more of us a couple of years ago.

You probably won't see me because I haven't driven my SC since the summer time. Although Gas prices have come down somewhat, they are still to expensive to drive as a daily driver. I've been involved with other projects and so it's kinda taken a back burner. I'd like to bring it out next summer all done up though.

supercoupes in central n.y.

hey i got a supercoupe and i love it ... undergoing surgery right now... should be ready in a week.. all new motor ... my heads are done to the max new rods,pistons,crank, everything.. real hard to find parts but we found everything.cant wait to drive it for the money i got into it. i really saved alot of money workin at a shop .. front timin cover cost me 200. thats nuts!!but i got it all for my motor.. need any intell let me know be more than happy to help out another s.c.

I have seen a few SC's sitting on the sides of garages and houses over the winter in the Albany area. Seen a couple of wrecked ones too. :(
Hopefully when the weather breaks we can all get together and have a get together of some sort. It's always slow in thw winter time up in these parts in terms of collector car get togethers. I look forward to meeting some fellow SC'ers this year as the weather warms up!

Back