Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: [n00b question] AR Kit

With making up a new inlet for the AR blower, has anyone looked a the jag inlet set up. I looked at one on the weekend and thought it was very nice with long runners for each inlet so it should have nice even flow for each cylinder. There was however no provision for a FMIC but i could be incorproated into the set up. The jag uses the ford 4.2L quad cam v8 running a eaton m112 blower, I think the same as the mustangs, just a little more refined. Is there any reason this setup for the inlet can not or has not, been built for the SC when installing an AR???? David

A lot of things can be done. However, each additional part or fabrication required increases the cost and limits the application of such a kit. I chose to use as many of the stock parts as possible to minimize cost and simplify installation. As is the entire kit can be installed without removing the intake manifold or opening the cooling system. Installation takes about 4-5 hrs and is completely reversible.

We did an install this weekend on a CMSII car which made 326rwhp with an MPII a few weeks ago, and on the same dyno yesterday the car made 421rwhp with no other changes than bigger injectors and the additional 3psi that the AR provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave
    A lot of things can be done. However, each additional part or fabrication required increases the cost and limits the application of such a kit. I chose to use as many of the stock parts as possible to minimize cost and simplify installation. As is the entire kit can be installed without removing the intake manifold or opening the cooling system. Installation takes about 4-5 hrs and is completely reversible.

We did an install this weekend on a CMSII car which made 326rwhp with an MPII a few weeks ago, and on the same dyno yesterday the car made 421rwhp with no other changes than bigger injectors and the additional 3psi that the AR provided.

WOW! Was that a manual or auto Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    WOW! Was that a manual or auto Dave?
    Auto with a non-locking converter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Thats fair enough. Good to keep costs down to a minimum. Thats a good increase in power with just bolting on an AR and injectors.

Are the 2.1l wipple SC larger in diameter or just longer?? Just toying with some ideas. Thanks. David