My Ghey, girly thread for the year. Sccoa, how it used to be.

V8Supercoupe

I don't know why, but I got to thinking about the way it used to be. I guess with Steve passing on(who I didnt' know) and me remembering Adam, who mind you I didn't know as well as I would have liked to, I got to thinking about the club and how some things have changed.

A few years ago I was ready to give up....I hadn't touched my car for months and months and it wasn't til Chuck emailed me that I came back into it. I wasn't really even visiting the boards too much. Why he thought of me (we never talked) I will never know, but it wasn't til then I realized someone noticed me gone and cared enough to mail me. It sounds wierd, but it meant something to me. Chuck probably never knew that, but he may know now. It's with all of these things I started to think about George O'neil. For the life of me I don't know why this guy popped into my head and I just started thinking of him. Sort of strange for me. I haven't tried to mail him, I guess it just entered my mind as to how he was and where he's been.

Anyhow, The Club:

At the time, the club was having sort of a social heart attack, but I guess people's dedication made a real impression on me. Before I even got my SC, I was coming around the boards only when there was a fraction of the members that are on here now. It seemed everyone was beating one another to death trying to get to the same place. LOL! Any day of the week there would be 10 different threads on exhaust how-to's and what- ifs. Hmmm, back when there was EZ-Board!
The information was abudant, but ironically no-one even really knew what they were doing with these cars. Everyone wanted to be fast, but didn't have much to go on as far as getting there. I MEAN.....a 13 second car was FAST! S-ports were the rage.....Nitrous was a NO, NO, and Vernon was talking in a language that only 8 years of college could help me understand. Jim D was getting banned every other week and always got the last word in,,," No longer part of board,BYE!"(or was that Manny)???
Does anyone remember the 2 Jim Demmits fiasco?
George O'neil used to have me laughing my azz off at some of the sarcastic stuff he used to say.
Micah and Russ were always on the stick with their comments.....
Phil Kuhn and I were a couple of rednecks talking about guns.......it was kind of a mess.....BUT FUNNY.
Eventually the community had 3 or 4 different clubs on there hands from people leaving.

This place was kind of a disaster , but everyone that was here then, appears to be here now, other than the ones who were smart enough to put their money elsewhere!LOL!
I guess I think back to the way it was and for some reason, even though I haven't met a lot of people here I think that......It's just pretty cool that everyone has kept somewhat of a relationship with one another over something as stupid as a car. I mean really.....It's pretty stupid if you think about it. What effect does a car have on someone's life that we would spend hours and hours on the internet every month beating ourselves to death with people we really don't know to make it go quicker and more reliable?
I don't know.....I guess I just thought it was cool to see the community pretty much come back together after all the crap that went on.

AW Well, enough of the wishy, washy crap......To resonate or not to resonate......Sometimes your better off not resonating! LOL!

Sk

As Dolly Pardon would say, "thanks for the mammaries" Skip. Those were the "drama years" I guess.

Funny thing is; I was wondering about you recently Skip, seems I lost track of you since your screen name changed, and I stopped seeing you over at the TBU (I guess because I was looking for your old S/N?). Good to know you're still kickin' it around here. :eek:

Dan H

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Thanks Guys,
I have had so many plans that wind up changing. I put a 302 in my 93 SC, and was going to move to a 393 stroker, but it appears that has changed. Last week I picked up Michael Hoddy's 95, so now I am back into the 3.8's again. LOL!

I really don't know what direction I am heading. Great to see you still kick'in Dan. How's the car go'in?

Skip

How's the car go'in?

Still runs new Skip, aside from the Lentech 2 years ago, I haven't spent money on anything but tires and oil changes, and I'd like to keep it that way for now too.

I still do all the local shows and it's kinda cool to be the only SC there, although lonely at times.

Too many SC guys come and go, but I'm a die hard still, somehow. :D

This List is Blessed

Y'all can consider yourselves lucky. I have been part of numerous automotive enthusiast sites over the years. From e-mail mailing lists to sites such as this. Amazingly, after being away from the internet for almost 2 years, I was shocked to see alot of the online communitites I used to frequent have either dwindled drastically in numbers or disappeared altogether.
I myself used to be heavy into 1983-1988 Monte Carlo SS's. I still own 3 of them as a matter of fact. But, amazingly, as easy as it is for people to feel as though they are missed when they stop going to sites and so forth, it can also work the other way too. In the past 6 months I have been ripped off in just about every way imagineable when it comes to Montes. From people intentionally ripping me off by selling junk parts to people criminally impersonating me to obtain fraudulent claim money from shipping companies, I've been through hell with these Montes.
I guess that's why I decided the cars just weren't worth the hassle anymore. I began to search in earnest for a Super Coupe and hopefully be able to enjoy the automotive hobby again. Well, I went out on a limb here and replied to several ads for SC's for sale. Even though I had been burned bad on another automotive site, I decided to give honesty and integrity another shot. All I can say is I'm glad I did. I found my dream car on this site and the honesty and integrity Dave and Christine showed me regarding the car they were selling restored my faith in dealing honestly with people. In the short time I've been here I've learned alot about these cars and met some great people. From Skip to Rob to Dave and a few others, I consider myself blessed to be able to interact with such a great group of people.
This site is awesome and it's not because of the pictures or the links or the information. it's because of the people who make this site waht it is. From those of us who sit in front of our computers for hours at a wack sifting through each and every post to those who devote their time selflessly to the well being of this community. It's just a downright awesome place to be and I consider it an honor and a privleage to be a member here.
Thanks to everyone who makes this site run. We really appreciate it! :D

Darkside said:
Nobody knows what you're doing Manny. :p I think you like it that way. ;)
finally someone who knows what Im doing!!

even those who come to my house only see my old inverted setup and never on car also nobodys knows what is on my sc or how fast , no posted track times no posted dyno #s.

I like it that way you are right. nobody knows if Im crazy smart stupid, or just a azz, nobody knows if Im cool to know or a jerk well some do,

just my good freinds, DNA knows me prick racing Richard knows me Al;ex sort of knows me he still dont know if he should trust me Im a crazy injun,

I tell everyone I meet to say Im a jerk if I give something away I tell em to say it was junk,

I dont need any praise or thanks but Im not bashfull to give praise to those who deserve it .

anyway sorry to hijack the thread back to its rightfull posters . :eek:

Skip,

Glad to see you posting again and to hear you bought another SC. Even though I'm building a v8 turbocharged SC, I can't imagine ever selling my 91. I've still got a few more go-fast mods planned for it, I'm just taking it slow to see what new things develop.

I think we have a exceptional group of people in this club. Over the past 4 or 5 years that I've been involved with it, I've met so many great people who share the same passion/obsession for these cars and along the way, made some very good friendships that will last much longer than these cars.

It's really about the people, the cars are secondary.

David

I've met so many great people who share the same passion/obsession for these cars and along the way, made some very good friendships that will last much longer than these cars.

Well Dave, thats what I figure. You've always managed to find time to help me, so your input was always very valulable to me. Not to mention we seem to have the same desire for a Nice V8 SC and V6 SC! Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds! To bad my finances get so sporatic with my seasonal business I can't keep up with both anymore. My 5.0SC is in pieces having the body work done and I have kind of gotten frustrated with it. I may just part it out. The money I have in the tranny hurts though! Keep in mind I had bought this same car 5 years ago and only put 3500 miles on it! At one point I wa looking to make a MINT 400hp SC, but I just don't have the patience anymore. I have spent so much time working on it, I haven't had the chance to just drive it and enjoy it. That's where Mike Hoddy's 95 came in. It's a nice 95, ideally it would be black with a sunroof, but I can't complain too much.
Anyhow, I have a spare 3.8 long block kicking around so you'll be seeing me asking questions again looking to get a stout botom end together. Last time I put everything together with COY parts. I am sure there are better recommendations out there and I'll be happy to hear them. Any input?
Thanks!

Manny, know I was only bust'in right? :eek:

Skip

I've been on here since 1997 and I bought my first SC in july of 99. I've made so many friends and even if I didn't have the cars anymore I'd still come out to the track meets, or a car show just to see the cars and talk to my old friends.

I hope that over the years I have been helpful in sharing my experiences and that some of you still take value in the information I share.

I remember when I met you skip at hotel in Carlisle back in 2002. I had wondered what happened to you. Plans change along the way, I never built my SC like I wanted to due to not having the money because I'm still young compared to most of you. But I was quite glad to see you are still here.

Some days I miss the old days and the old members that are no longer with us. Hopefully the new guys will stick around and we will get to know each other. Only a few people have given us trouble here, but for the most part this site only attracts the good hearted car enthusiasts. I for one wouldn't still own the cars and attend the meets if the club were full of cocky jerks. I think the fellow club members have had more to keeping me in this community than the cars themselves. Sure I love SC's but its the people that make this community great!

QUOTE=Scott Long] I for one wouldn't still own the cars and attend the meets if the club were full of cocky jerks. I think the fellow club members have had more to keeping me in this community than the cars themselves. Sure I love SC's but its the people that make this community great![/QUOTE]
I totally agree with Scott on the quality of people making a site work. That's exactly why I left another auto enthusiast site and am now selling the cars that site catered too. After so many liars and thieves and getting screwed over, it took the enjoyment completely out of the cars and I can't wait to get rid of them now.

Back