2005 Club Clash Dates Set

forcfed93

I just talked to the GTP guys and we have two dates for Club Clash this year.

The spring event will be on MAY 21st

and the Fall event will be on SEPT 24th.

Note: We never get a good car count for the June event so we have removed that one from our schedule.

The June event will be replaced by a GTP/SC club picnic. See our events page for details.

forcfed93 said:
I just talked to the GTP guys and we have two dates for Club Clash this year.

The spring event will be on MAY 21st

and the Fall event will be on SEPT 24th.

Note: We never get a good car count for the June event so we have removed that one from our schedule.

The June event will be replaced by a GTP/SC club picnic. See our events page for details.
I object to the May 21st date, I specifically told you my Bday is on the 22nd :D

Seriously though, looks like I will be passing through on May 31st or June 1st. Perhaps we can set up a dinner?

Paul

BT Motorsports said:
I object to the May 21st date, I specifically told you my Bday is on the 22nd :D

Seriously though, looks like I will be passing through on May 31st or June 1st. Perhaps we can set up a dinner?

Paul

Yep ... we'll throw you a B-Day party, a BBQ or some such noncence the day you are here!!!! :D :D :D :D

Well Mr. Albee, you know where I'll be May 21st and Sept. 24th. September the 24th just happens to be 2 days after my 24th.

It looks like we'll have to have a big post race party in CR Saturday Night and celebrate some B-Days ............. :p

aaaand I'll be 21, there's no number rhyming to that but Ill be drinking so who cares! HAH.
-Thomas

Since we're counting B-days...

There are a few September B-days there...Let's see, the 24th is 6 days before my wife's XX b-day, 1 day before my son's 11th B-day, and 4 days after my youngest daughter's B-day... So the September meet is definately out for me. Sorry guys.

I don't know if I will be able to attend the 21st...I'm going to try. The problem is that I'm gone right now and will be until the week before. Not sure that the family will like me being gone, then turn around and go again. I'll see what I can work out though. It sure would be nice to see what it's capable of since I now have it tuned...

ah, hell there is only 2 this year?

I don't know if my car will be good enough for the first one. ahh!

T-bird4vr said:
ah, hell there is only 2 this year?

I don't know if my car will be good enough for the first one. ahh!

good enough? gimmie a break! It beats the hell out of anyone elses there!
-Thomas

I plan to stay at the Super 8 in Manchester on Friday night and at the Super 8 on 720 33rd Ave in Cedar Rapids on Saturday night if anyone cares.

Thomas

Thomas A said:
I plan to stay at the Super 8 in Manchester on Friday night and at the Super 8 on 720 33rd Ave in Cedar Rapids on Saturday night if anyone cares.

Thomas
Thats nice to know ........

FYI, we are planning to do about the same thing as we did the last time. Friday night will be a "meet and greet" at my house and then we will go out for Pizza. (Hopefully it will happen a little earlier than it did last time). :D

The plans for Saturday night include a bonfire and a backyard BBQ at my house with Al and myself doing up some "killer BBQ". (see www.cookinggonewild.com) :cool:

Monte SSs too?

Has there ever been talk about inviting the Monte Carlo SSs to this event? I don't know of a formal club for them, but I imagine there is one. (I haven't researched it). This way we would have three makes with 232 supercharged cubic inches. Besides, the Montes need puttin' in their place. Especially the black "Intimidator" versions! Gimme a break! :p

pablon2 said:
Has there ever been talk about inviting the Monte Carlo SSs to this event? I don't know of a formal club for them, but I imagine there is one. (I haven't researched it). This way we would have three makes with 232 supercharged cubic inches. Besides, the Montes need puttin' in their place. Especially the black "Intimidator" versions! Gimme a break! :p

GM's supercharged V6's are 231 cubic inches.

Actually we have been thinking about opening it up to ALL types of cars for about a year now....... that is, as long as they were in an orginized car club.

The only problem we have found during the planning is, it will take more than myself and Shawn from the GTP club to run the event. This would be a problem b/c they (GTP Club) only have 6 or 7 active members and we only have 6 that enjoy a day at the track. (And I can't very well ask our visitors [you and others] to work the event and miss out on the racing)! So until we can figure something out, that plan is on hold.

On the other hand, I dont have a problem asking other clubs with comparible performance vehicles to join in on the fun!!!!! We'd just have to run it by the GTP Club first! :cool:

Back